Harbor Arts and Books Fair - Summer 2017
Harbor Park and Amphitheatre
Camden, Maine (Northeast)
Show Dates: 7/15/17 - 7/16/17
Application Deadline: 6/16/17 Midnight EST
86 day(s) and 4 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is NOT required)
Fee (Application/Jury Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Please join us for the Summer Harbor Arts and Books Fair on July 15 and 16, 2017. The Town of Camden is located on the coast of Maine and takes full advantage of that fact! This show is a well-attended event of long standing, held on the National Historic Landmark grounds of the Camden Public Library. Harbor Arts and Books is a community event with a view of the harbor at the peak of the summer season -- a beautiful time of year in New England.
The Camden Public Library is pleased to announce an open call for entries for our Annual Summer Harbor Arts and Books Fair on July 15 and 16, 2017.
Harbor Arts and Books has possibly the most beautiful location for an art fair on the East Coast. The fair takes place in Camden's historic Harbor Park and Amphitheatre, and on the street that passes through the park, at the head of Camden Harbor. 60 to 85 exhibitors display their work in standard 10x10 tents.
This juried show is a dynamic focal point of creative expression. It is perfect for artists to show their wares, while connecting with other creative folks and pairing art enthusiasts with beautiful creations.
We would love to welcome you to the salty air and intimate surroundings of our Harbor Park and Amphitheatre during the time of year when the Town of Camden is bustling with tourists -- all here to enjoy ocean views and the many cultural and artistic events in the area.
ACCEPTED MEDIUM CATEGORIES:
- Digital Art
- Functional Art
- Mixed Media
- Works on Paper
- Rare or Collectible Books
Our Jury process is ongoing and the jury will meet several times during the course of the applicaton period. Vendors will receive invitations for the show on a rolling basis. Booth space preferences will be given to those vendors whose applications are received, paid, and juried early in the process.
Jury/Entry Fee -- $25 (non-refundable)
Booth Fees -- $225 single; $450 double
The Fee is for booth space only; tents and furniture are not provided. Access to electric power is limited and cannot be guaranteed. Please see Electric Power under Rules/Regulations.
Vendors who are applying for both shows will only have to pay one jury fee! If applying to this 2017 Summer Harbor Arts & Books Fair, vendors are eligible for a waived jury fee for the 2017 Fall Harbor Arts & Books Fair. Please use the coupon code: nofee when applying for the Fall Show.
Vendors will be provided with complimentary water and coffee. Booth sitting service will also be offered (subject to availability).
The attached map is not-to-scale. It is only intended as a representation of the fair grounds and booth locations.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. & Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
After the fair is over, Atlantic Avenue will reopen to traffic at 7 p.m. on Sunday, July 16, 2017.
- For the safety of persons and products, ALL TENTS MUST BE WEIGHTED to support them in wind and/or rain events.
- The Vendor shall maintain his/her display booth and operate in an orderly manner and shall comply with all City Ordinances and Codes applicable to such an operation.
- It is understood and agreed that the Vendor is acting as an independent contractor in his/her capacity hereunder. The Vendor shall be responsible for all acts or omissions of its employees and volunteers. Nothing contained in this Agreement or in the relationship of the Camden Public Library (CPL) and the Vendor shall be deemed to constitute a partnership, joint venture or agency relationship between CPL and the Vendor.
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING PETS (Note: Service animals are welcome but their purpose will be verified). While animals make wonderful companions, an arts festival just is not the place for your pet friend. Permission may be granted under special circumstances, with the caveat that the Vendor must talk with CPL administration prior to the show and, if granted, must comply with specific rules.
- Electric Power on the library grounds is limited and availability cannot be guaranteed. Those Vendors who are near an electrical outlet may use it and should provide their own outdoor service extension cord. Extension cords must be placed so as not to create a tripping hazard. Maximum power available is 110 volts and 20 amps.
- No parking spaces shall be reserved for Vendors. There will be parking information provided with registration, and parking maps will be available upon request.
- CPL has the sole right to determine eligibility for a product or a company in its exposition.
- CPL has the right to change the location of an assigned Vendor space.
- Vendor agrees not to assign nor to sublet the allotted space.
- Vendor may display or advertise only goods and services normally created or offered in the course of its business. Vendor must not display items that have not been juried and may not display items that are not homemade/crafted.
- All Vendors agree to staff their booths during show hours.
- The Vendor shall at all times enforce strict discipline and good order amongst his/her employees and volunteers and shall not employ any unfit person or anyone not skilled in the task assigned to him/her. The Vendor shall be responsible for initiating and maintaining and supervising all safety precautions in his/her assigned space.
- CPL reserves the right to restrict booth size, noise, character, lights, entertainment, and methods of operation that it deems objectionable. Any behavior or equipment that Management finds to detract from the general appearance and intention of the Exposition may be grounds for eviction. Vendors are encouraged to check with Management before the Exposition regarding any item that Management might find objectionable.
- CPL has the right to establish rules for the show and the use of exhibit space covered by this agreement, including but not limited to placement of all decorations, signage, and display items. CPL may require the replacement or redecorating of an item, display, or booth and no costs shall accrue to Management because of such necessity. Vendors are responsible to cover or fix all areas CPL may consider unsightly at Vendor's expense. Should an Vendor not be finished with installation as specified in the show rules, Management may take steps to finish said installation at Vendor's expense. Should Vendor fail to follow Exposition deadlines for installation in terms of occupying the agreed-upon booth space, CPL shall repossess said space and Vendor forfeits all claims to it and all monies paid. No Vendor shall have the right to dismantle, unpack, or vacate a stand prior to the end of the official show hours without the express written permission of CPL. CPL reserves the right to amend and enforce Exposition regulations as it deems proper to assure the success of the event.
- Vendor is responsible for timely submittal of fees as required in the application. Should Vendor fail to make payments, CPL shall have the right to repossess any assigned space after notifying Vendor in writing of the intent to do so. In the event of default by Vendor, Vendor remains responsible for payments due and assumes the responsibility for all enforcement costs incurred by CPL in collecting such fees.
- Security shall be provided by CPL, but Vendors are solely and fully responsible for their own exhibits, property and persons, and should insure against any loss or damage.
- CPL shall have the authority to set event hours, which may change upon notice to Vendors.
- Distribution of Vendor literature and materials is limited to the confines of Vendor stand space.
- Booth size -- 10 X 10 (single) $225
- Booth size -- 20 X 10 (double) $450
- Booth assignments generally are made on a first-come-first-served basis, taking into consideration representation at previous events, the date a request is received, availability of requested area, the amount of space requested, special needs and compatibility of Vendors. CPL, however, reserves the right in its sole discretion to use other assignment criteria.
- Please submit your top three booth number preferences when applying. We offer a Single Booth or a Double Booth. We do our best to honor requests, but cannot guarantee a preferred booth space. As some of the booth locations are on lawn areas, please consider bringing shims to balance or stabilize displays or tables.
- CPL cannot guarantee that a company exhibiting similar products, or a competitor, will not be located in a nearby or adjoining booth space.
- CPL also reserves the right to reconfigure booth space and relocate a booth as necessary with the understanding that the Vendor shall be notified prior to such relocation.