APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Galveston, Texas (South)
Show Dates: 10/21/17 - 10/22/17
Application Deadline: 5/5/17 Midnight CST
41 day(s) and 14 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Non refundable Application/ Jury Fee): $10.00
Galveston's 20th Annual Juried Fine Art Festival, will take place October 21 & 22 , 2017 on Postoffice and 22nd Streets amid the historic charm of Galveston in the Downtown Cultural Arts District. Over the past 20 years our reputation has grown to be one the best juried events on the Gulf Coast.We generally have 8-10,000 attendees. The Island's hospitality and the relaxed atmosphere provide a beautiful outdoor setting in which to enjoy a weekend of fine art and fun!
ARToberFEST donates free booth space to local high school and college art students, to enable them to obtain valuable experience in the real world of creating, marketing, and selling their artwork. All proceeds from ARToberFEST will benefit educational programs at The Grand 1894 Opera House.
Show Date and Hours
Application deadline is Friday May 5th until Midnight
Jury Occurs the week of May 8-12, 2017
Acceptance notification May 19, 2017
Accept Invitation deadline June 2, 2017
October 21, 2017 10am to 7pm
October 22, 2017 11am to 5pm
Single Booth 10X10 $180
Double Booth 10X20 $360
1. Ceramics: original clay work other than jewelry
2. Digital: original computer generated art, photographs that are artistically manipulated using a computer
3. Drawing: two-dimensional works in pencil, chalk, pastel, charcoal, pen & ink
4. Fiber/Textiles: any wearable work crafted from fiber, excluding leather and jewelry
5. Functional Art (includes furniture, wearable art, etc.)
6. Glass: glasswork that has been hand-crafted by glassblowing, molding, casting or kiln-forming
8. Leather: any work crafted of leather excluding jewelry
9. Metal: any work crafted of metal other than jewelry
10. Mixed Media: 2 or 3 dimensional work that incorporates more than one type of physical material in their production.
11. Painting/ Acrylic or Oil / Watercolor
12. PhotographyDigital /Traditional Film
13. Printmaking/ Intaglio, Relief and Planographic
14. Wood: original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved
Please send in only one application. You may submit 4 images of all work being considered and one booth shot
Sales Tax Information
You will be responsible for collecting and paying sales tax of 8.25% on all items that you sell. Galveston has a city sales tax of 2%, and Texas state sales tax is 6.25%. Galveston Island sales tax and Texas state sales tax are not filed separately. All sales taxes are filed through the Texas Comptroller’s Office.
All Artists must have a valid Texas Sales Tax Permit, which can be obtained through the Texas Comptroller’s Office. You can obtain one online by following this link: http://www.window.state.tx.us and clicking on the “Apply for a sales tax permit” link located towards the bottom of the list in the middle of the page.
Artists are responsible for collecting and paying State Sales Tax. You can contact the Texas Comptroller’s Office with questions at (800) 252-5555 or check their website at http://www.window.state.tx.us. Under the “I Want To…” section of the Comptroller’s Office website, the first link on the list, File/pay sales and other taxes with WebFile, allows you to file/pay your State Sales Tax online.
Jury Information and Policies
Festival Eligibility and Rules
By paying for your booth and participating in ARToberFEST, you are agreeing to abide by the following rules:
Refund Policy Deadlines
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW