Wellfleet OysterFest 2017
Wellfleet, Massachusetts (Northeast)
Event Dates: 10/14/17 - 10/15/17
Application Deadline: 4/14/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $20.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
The 17th annual Wellfleet OysterFest will take place the weekend after Columbus Day, Saturday and Sunday, October 14 & 15, 2017, in Wellfleet, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. The event is produced by Wellfleet SPAT, Shellfish Promotion and Tasting, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization devoted to sustaining Wellfleet's shellfishing and aquaculture industries. Proceeds from the ‘Fest support the organization’s educational mission which include a local college scholarship program, community grant awards and initiatives to support shellfishing.
This two-day family festival celebrates the town's famous oysters, clams and shellfishing traditions bringing together locals and visitors alike for a weekend full of hometown flavor and big time fun! The event features food from local restaurants and shellfishermen, a fine art and crafts fair, great music, a Family Fun area, educational programs, cooking demonstrations and the famous Oyster Shucking Competition. The ‘Fest has become one of New England’s most popular fall festivals and attracted an nearly 20,000 visitors last year. The event is held in the center of town and is limited to approximately 75 art & crafts exhibitors. Approximately 50 additional booths are reserved for local and mission-related nonprofits, food vendors and raw bars.
The Wellfleet OysterFest strives to be a high-quality, balanced show with a strong preference for handmade arts and crafts in a wide variety of creative mediums. Some vendor spaces are reserved for mission-related nonprofit organizations. In limited cases, arts and crafts vendors selling imported or manufactured goods that are connected to the local community or related to the mission of SPAT will be considered. Only items included in an artist’s application may be included in the show.
Please enter your information as you would like it to appear on our website, in publications, etc. We cannot edit for spelling, grammar, upper/lower case characters, etc. Please make your application as clean as possible.
This is a juried show. Jurors are local artists or arts-related professionals who are not show participants and are not agents of SPAT. SPAT strives to have different jurors each year. Each artist is rated on the quality of their product and their booth display, as demonstrated in their application. The jury is blind and personal information about the artists, including previous participation, is not included in their review. Previous participation does not guarantee a spot in the show.
Wellfleet SPAT cannot guarantee booth placements.
The only way to apply to the 2017 OysterFest is through this electronic application process. The application deadline is April 14, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please read the Rules & Regulations carefully as some items have changed. For questions, please visit our website or email Event Coordinator, Gisele Gauthier, email@example.com.
- All applications must be in the name(s) of the artisan or organization.
- The show will be held on October 14 and 15, 2017 from 10am – 5pm, rain or shine.
- SPAT reserves the right to cancel the Wellfleet OysterFest in the event of an Act of God or other unavoidable circumstance. The right to cancel shall continue during the course of the ‘Fest itself. Booth and application fees will not be reimbursed in such circumstances.
- This is a juried show. Jurors are local artists or arts-related professionals who are not show participants and are not agents of SPAT. SPAT strives to have different jurors each year. Each artist is rated on the quality of their product and their booth display, as demonstrated in their application. The jury is blind and personal information about the artists, including previous participation, is not included in their review. Previous participation does not guarantee a spot in the show.
- The Selection Committee seeks unique, quality products with a preference for handmade items and strives to keep a balanced show within the arts and crafts mediums.
- Wellfleet SPAT is responsible to its mission and gives preference to residents and organizations of Wellfleet and Cape Cod and those who align with the organization’s mission.
- Only those artists accepted in the Jewelry category may exhibit or sell jewelry. All jewelry, regardless of the materials used, must be entered in the Jewelry category.
- An artist may apply in multiple categories, such as Glass and Jewelry, and to do so must submit separate applications and associated fees for each category.
- Previous participation in the event does not guarantee acceptance and Wellfleet SPAT reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
- All booth spaces are 10’x10’. Vendors are responsible for providing their own tents, tables, chairs, etc. Wellfleet SPAT will not provide water, electricity, other utilities or rain protection, nor will local businesses.
- All materials must be contained within your booth space. If you anticipate needing additional space, please indicate on your application. This includes space behind your booth or into the aisles. Additional fees will apply.
- If you are interested in a corner space, please indicate so in your application. If the number of corner booth space requests exceeds the number of available spaces, the booths will be designated at SPAT’s discretion.
- All tents must be sufficiently weighted as the festival is held on pavement and cannot be staked into. High winds are common and unsecured tents are a danger to everyone! Vendors without proper weighting will not be allowed to set up.
- Accepted applicants will be assigned a booth space as the organizers see fit. Booth location requests cannot be guaranteed.
- All vendors must arrive before 8:00 am each day. If you are not onsite by 8:00 am, you will forfeit your booth. Booths must be set up and ready to go by 9:00 am.
- No vehicle of any kind will be permitted to be used as part of the booth or display. All vehicles must be out of the display area by 8:30am and will not be permitted to drive back into the show area until after 5:30pm.
- Wellfleet SPAT also reserves the right to dismiss any exhibitors or their agents who misrepresent their merchandise on their application, without refund of application or booth fee.
- Vendor cancellations MUST be made in writing before September 15, 2017 or booth fee will be forfeited.
- All vendors must have a MA state sales tax number and collect sales tax with the exception of clothing and food. Please list a social security number if you do not have sales tax number.
The Booth fee schedule is as follows:
|Town Hall Lot Regular
|Town Hall Corner
|Preservation Hall Lot
|Preservation Hall Corner
|Main Street booths that require breakdown
If you are interested in a corner space, please indicate so in your application. If the number of corner booth space requests exceeds the number of available spaces, the booths will be designated at the organizer's discretion.
Vendors are responsible for providing their own tents, tables, chairs, etc. Wellfleet SPAT will not provide water, electricity, other utilities or rain protection. Artists who have participated in previous ‘Fests should anticipate that their booth locations are likely to change this year.