Lakeville Art Festival 2017
Lakeville Area Arts Center / 20965 Holyoke Avenue
Lakeville, Minnesota (Midwest)
Event Dates: 9/16/17 - 9/17/17
Application Deadline: 5/14/17 Midnight CST
15 day(s) and 20 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Welcome! ...to a celebration of art. To a place where artists are treated like royalty, and proceeds from the festival go directly to our community art center. On the third weekend of September each year, the park-like grounds of the Lakeville Area Arts Center in historic downtown Lakeville (population 60,000) are filled with over 80 premium artists selling their exceptional work including paintings, jewelry, ceramics, glass, sculpture, mixed media, fiber, photography and more. This two day event also promotes a love of art through hands-on art projects for all ages, numerous art demonstrations, talented musicians on our outdoor stage, delicious food and beverages, and wonderful community camaraderie. Artists are treated to breakfast, lunch and dinner, easy parking, set-up and take-down, booth sitting, 24 hour security, and over $2,000 given out in awards. Come join us!
Artist Benefits & Awards:
- Expected attendance: 8000+
- Over $2000 in cash awards
- Artist award banquet-ceremony
- Delicious breakfast both Saturday and Sunday mornings, and lunch provided one day of festival.
- Emerging artist program
- Artist hospitality center
- Free parking and unloading within close proximity for set up/take down
- Ample 10 x 10 booth with one foot between booths and 2-3 feet of storage behind.
- Circular configuration of booths on each side of historic building means no "bad" spaces.
- Artist ambassadors for booth sitting and assistance with set up/take down.
- 24-hour security
The Lakeville Art Festival committee reserves the right to make a determination on any of the above rules. It is our exclusive right to accept or reject any applicant as it deems necessary and may remove all or part of an exhibit that is determined to be noncompliant of festival rules.
- Receipt of booth fee by Lakeville Art Festival is considered a commitment to participate. The booth fee is not refundable.
- The Festival will take place rain or shine. There will be no refunds due to inclement weather. The Lakeville Art Festival will not be responsible for damage to work due to weather or unrelated incidents.
- All work must be original art, designed and produced by the accepted artist.
- Artist may only exhibit work in the category in which they are accepted.
- Artists wishing to exhibit in more than one media category must submit an application, photos, and jury fee for each category. Artists whose work is selected in multiple categories may exhibit both mediums in one booth space.
- All work exhibited must be of the quality and body of work represented in the juried digital photos.
- Artists must be present to exhibit during the entire festival.
- All work shown must be for sale.
- Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting all taxes.
- Artists are responsible for proper insurance and protection of work and set-up.
- No booth may be dismantled or removed until the end of the show unless director approved.
- The majority of 2-dimensional work displayed must be original.
- Artists booth spaces are ample with at least one foot between booths and 2-3 feet behind booth for storage.
- A large percentage of booth spaces are within steps of parking spaces for easy set up / take down.
- The booth fee for a single booth (10'x10') is $175, and $325 for a double booth (10'x20'). A corner booth is an addtional $25. All booth fees are payable upon acceptance into the festival.
- Booth assignments: Individual booth assignments are at the sole discretion of the Lakeville Art Festival. If you have a special request, please email the festival director and indicate it in the space provided when you purchase your space. We strive to accomodate special requests as much as possible.