Edina Fall into the Arts Festival 2017
Centennial Lakes Park, 7499 France Avenue
Edina, Minnesota (Midwest)
Show Dates: 9/9/17 - 9/10/17
Application Deadline: 6/16/17 Midnight CST
82 day(s) and 3 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury fee): $20.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Edina Fall into the Arts Festival - the autumn art event at Centennial Lakes Park in Edina, Minnesota.
On September 9 and 10, 2017, the 14th Annual Edina Fall into the Arts Festival returns to Centennial Lakes Park. More than 250 artists & exhibitors, food vendors and sponsors will be displaying and selling their work. The festival has an assortment of exciting new artists, as well as returning favorites representing diverse media such as photography, jewelry, pottery, sculpture, wearable arts, glass, fiber arts, wood, and painting. One of the most beautiful festival settings in the country. Something for everyone!
Thank you for considering the Edina Fall into the Arts Festival in Edina, Minnesota as part of your 2017 festival schedule. It is our goal to make this event an enjoyable and rewarding show for all involved!
Edina Fall into the Arts Festival is a benefit for the Edina Crime Prevention Fund, which keeps the residents of Edina safe. Centennial Lakes Park is a prime location for an art festival, and said to be one of the most beautiful locations in the country. We are eager to have you join us and will do everything to make the 14th Annual Edina Fall into the Arts Festival a success!
Once again, we are extending the show in three locations. On the lower level to the north (75 artists) and south (75 artists) of the Hughes Pavilion along the lake, and to the south to the upper terrace parking deck at the Centennial Lakes Office Plaza along France Avenue (100 artists). There is high visibility from France Ave and 76th St. that comes with extending the show to the upper terrace. There are more than 230 artists in the show.
Two staffed registration and information stations are available. The first on the lower level in front of the Hughes Pavilion, and the second on the upper terrace for artists to utilize. We allow Friday setup for all locations of the festival. Coffee, lemonade, and treats are available during the mornings and festival hours.
Centennial Lakes Park in Edina is 1/2 block east of France Avenue between Hazelton Road and Minnesota Drive.
Entrance to the park is through the Centennial Lakes shopping, dining and entertainment development. There are more than 6,000 free parking spaces next to the park, with more free parking to the north and south of the park. Easy access to the park is gained from highways 494, 35W, 100 and 62, and York Ave.
- Festival Requirements:
- Each booth is to contain original work hand-crafted by the exhibiting artist(s). Exhibited work should be of equal quality and proportion as stated in the image information submitted with application. Artists may exhibit work only in the media category or categories (maximum of 2) in which they were accepted.
- The majority of each piece must be of handmade components. Any commercially produced parts must play a subordinate role and may not be sold separately. NO RESALE OR BUY/SELL PRODUCTS ALLOWED.
- Artist shall provide a good balance of originals. Limited edition prints, executed in processes involving handwork by the artist, are permitted in reasonably sized editions.
- Joint applicants must both contribute to the creation of the work in the exhibit.
- Artists must be present in the booth and be open throughout the official hours of the Festival. Exceptions to the policy may be made only in case of unusual circumstances and are at the discretion of the Fall into the Arts Festival Executive Director. Representatives may not attend in place of artist. Photo ID at check-in is required of all exhibitors.
- Single booth tent size is 10’ X 10’. No part of exhibit can extend past the imaginary line 12’ from the back of the booth space. Booth appearance is an important concern. Good presentation helps stimulate sales. Do not setup in spaces marked with yellow & black stripped tape. They are reserved for emergency access. Do not setup until you have checked in and confirmed your space at the Registration and Information Booth. Please be prepared for various weather conditions. A majority of spaces are on hard surfaces; some are not completely level. Very few spaces are on grass or gravel. Indicate your preference on the application. Please be prepared to adapt to your assigned space. Requests will be filled in the order they are received. We will do our best to fulfill your requests. Intentional damage to and/or destruction of park property and plantings is strictly forbidden.
- At check-in, each exhibitor is provided with an official booth sign which must be mounted at or above eye level in the front of the booth. In addition, an official Edina Fall into the Arts Festival nametag is provided and must be worn by all exhibitors and staff.
- Exhibitors are responsible for delivering orders in a timely fashion.
- All exhibitors must comply with Minnesota statutes by having a MN tax ID number and an Operator Certificate of Compliance (ST-19) for 2016 on file with the Edina Fall into the Arts Festival office. You may register by phone for a Sales Tax Permit by calling 651-282-5225 or fax completed forms to 651-556-5155 or go to www.taxes.state.mn.us. For ST-19, go to the website, click on Forms and Instructions, page down to the bottom of the alphabetical list to ST-19. Call 1-800-829-4933 if you need a Federal Tax ID Number.
- Although the Festival will provide security, exhibitors are responsible for any loss, theft or damage to their work and/or personal property while setting up, participating in, and taking down their work and display materials during the festival.
- Exhibitors must complete booth setup by 10 a.m. both days and complete take down by 10 p.m. on Sunday.
- Non-refundable jury fee will be deposited upon receipt. Booth fees will be deposited after notification of acceptance. Credit cards are processed through ZAPPlication or through the Edina Fall into the Arts Festival office.
- After notification and deposit of fees, there will be a $50 cancellation fee. Cancelations must be in writing. After August 18, 2017, no refunds will be given.
- A waitlist will be created during the jury process. If space becomes available, applications s will be notified by phone or email.
- Each exhibitor must comply with all festival policies and procedures as well as city, state and federal laws. Edina Fall into the Arts Festival reserves the right to make determination on any of the above policies and procedures. Compliance is verified during the festival. In the event that any work is determined not to be in compliance with policies and procedures, artists agree to remove the work immediately. Failure to remove the work or failure to abide by any other policies and procedures may result in exhibitor’s removal from the Edina Fall into the Arts Festival and/or being prevented from future involvement.
- Centennial Lakes Park is a posted “No Smoking” facility. This includes the outdoors. Parking lots are smoking allowed areas. Please do not smoke in the park.
There is no price increase for booth fees for 2017.
A 10' x 10' single booth fee is $255. Some corner booths are available for an extra fee of $125. There are a limited number of spaces with access to electricity for an additional fee of $75. Please contact the Executive Director if you need electricity. Some double booths will be available for $510. Most spaces are on hard surfaces such as concrete or brick pavers; only very few are on grass or gravel.