Taste of Coeur d'Alene 2017
City Park at Independence Point
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (West)
Show Dates: 8/4/17 - 8/6/17
Application Deadline: 5/30/17 Midnight PST
68 day(s) and 14 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Art/Craft, Food Application Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Now in its 30th year, Taste of Coeur d’Alene has become one of the Inland Northwest’s favorite festivals. Coeur d’Alene City Park on beautiful Lake Coeur d’Alene in the summer is the ideal location for this event, attracting more than 50,000 seasonal and year-round residents and tourists, over three days. The festival’s fine art and crafts are showcased al fresco. The festival also features live professional music and a variety of quality foods and beverages including a beer garden featuring local micro brews. Admission to the festival is free to the public. Taste of the Coeur d’Alene takes place Friday, Saturday and Sunday, August 4th, 5th and 6th, 2017.
Taste of Coeur d'Alene is a juried high quality art and craft show that accepts a variety of hand crafted mediums, combined with a wide variety of food vendors, primarily from the local area. All works must be hand made by the vendor, who must be present during the show. Mediums we accept include:
- Metal Working
- Mixed Media
- Repurposed Vintage
- Textile Design
- Upcycled Goods
- Wearable Art
May 1ST - Deadline for priority spots for returning vendors applying via Zapplication
May 30th - Deadline for online submission for jury, via Zapplication
June 15th - Payment Due in Full for all vendors
Any request for cancellation must be received by July 1st, and will incur a 20% charge against the applicable booth fee. Application fees are non-refundable.
Artists: The Park will be available for set-up is Thursday at 4:30 pm, at the Mullan Ave. entrance. Booth assignments will be available at that time. Check-in will be at the Kiwanis booth located at the large gazebo. Coffee and refreshments will be provided. Booths must be set up by 10AM on Friday, August 5th. Please do not call to find out your space assignment.
FOOD VENDORS: Setup will be on Thursday, August 4th. You will be given a time to setup prior to July 30th. We will only guarantee setup at this time. Additional information and instructions will be emailed upon application acceptance.
- Friday August 4th, 10:00AM to 8:30PM
- Saturday August 5th, 10:00AM to 8:30PM
- Sunday August 6th, 10:00AM to 6:00PM
Parking: Event parking is still being negotiated with the City of Coeur d'Alene. Notice will be given once this is complete. Purchase of parking passes is not available at this time.
Every effort will be made to honor requests, but is not guaranteed. Please note that corners are limited.
Applicants who are not accepted MAY be placed on a wait list. If additional space or cancellations are available after June 1st, wait listed applicants will be chosen based on their discipline then application date.
Sales, Sales Tax and Permits:
Idaho Panhandle Kiwanis does not charge a commission on sales transacted by exhibitors/vendors. You retain 100% of all sales. Idaho has a sales tax of 6%. It is required that all exhibitors/vendors have an Idaho Sales Tax Permit Number. **Tax forms and instructions will be provided to all participants filled out based on application information at Check-in for signature. You will not receive your booth location until the tax form is completed.**
Overnight roving security is provided on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. However, Idaho Panhandle Kiwanis assumes no responsibility for the exhibitor’s products during Taste of the Coeur d’Alene. Therefore, the exhibitor should secure their booths at night.
This event will remain open Rain or Shine, but the cancellation or closing of Taste of the Coeur d’Alene due to extreme weather or other acts of God will be at the discretion of the Idaho Panhandle Kiwanis. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.
Exhibitors who close their booth space at any time prior to the closing of the show are at risk of being banned from future shows.
There will be NO electricity available for arts and craft booths. Whisper-quiet generators are allowed. Food Vendors see detailed requirements are listed below.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY RESULT IN NOT BEING ALLOWED IN FUTURE SHOWS.
Coeur d'Alene Parks Department specific rules are extracted below from the full City ordinance 95-083:
- 5) The following rules and regulations shall also apply to all persons using any city park:
a) No cars or trucks, except city vehicles, are allowed on the park grounds. (Without specific limited permission)
b) No nailing or stapling is allowed on any park fixtures, building or trees.
c) No overnight camping is allowed in the park or in parking lots.
d) No dogs are allowed in the park.
e) No alcohol is allowed in the park (Except by special permit).
f) No glass containers are allowed in the park.
g) No fences or barriers shall be erected on park grounds.
h) All water amenities are prohibited in city parks, e.g., misters, dunk tanks, water slides, kiddie pools, and water balloons.
6) Noise decibel levels must not exceed 65 decibels as per Ordinance #2416.
7) Failure to comply with the above rules and regulations may result in cancellation of event. Damage to facilities that is directly related to the event will be billed to the person responsible.
For a full copy of the regulations, please see the show staff the morning of vendor processing.
Specific rules pertaining to FOOD VENDORS ONLY:
- NO LEMONADE, SLUSHIES, SLURPIES, TEAS, FROZEN JUICES, COFFEES OR SPECIALTY DRINKS- If you would like to serve these items, they must be noted as a menu item and require approval to limit duplication of consumer choices.
- Electricity: One (1) 20-amp 120v outlet is included with the booth fee. There are no 220v outlets available. There may be additional 20-amp 120v plugs available, at an additional cost. In order to utilize the plug-in you must have two (2) commercial grade (10 gauge) extension cords that are a minimum of 100 feet long. Please be prepared and bring the proper supplies! No non-conforming extension cords will be allowed.
- Idaho Panhandle Kiwanis will have control over booth locations as required for electrical needs.
- Idaho Panhandle Kiwanis is not responsible for any spoiled food products, should your freezer and or refrigerator shut off.
- If possible, please use propane to prepare hot food.
- If your power needs are greater than what is provided, whisper-quiet generators are allowed.
- Ice – Ice will be sold in 20lb bags for a cost of $4.00 per bag and is available at the Idaho Panhandle Kiwanis information booth.
- Beverages – Non-Alcoholic beverages are now allowed for sale by vendors. If you choose to serve beverages, please include this in your menu-items on page one. Alcoholic beverages are limited to the beer garden only. Other beverage sales are incorporated into your booth fee. The Idaho Panhandle Kiwanis Club will have a water concession as a convenience to visitors, but this should not impair your beverage sales.
- Health Department – Concessions must have a Temporary Food Permit issued by Panhandle Health District One/Idaho. You must contact them 45 days prior to event, even if you already have a permit. Without the proper permit for your operation, they will ask you to leave the Park. There will be no refund. 208-667-9513.
- Vehicles – ALL vehicular traffic must be removed from the Park by 9:00 am each day and will not be permitted back into Park until after 9:00 pm. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Grease – Do not put any grease, oil or waste material into the trashcans or dumpster. Disposal of these materials is the responsibility of each individual concessionaire.
- Parking – TO BE DETERMINED.
- Safety – Each booth is required to have a First Aid Kit and Fire Extinguisher (Approved by Fire Department).
- Garbage – Each booth must provide trash containers and heavy-duty trash bags to contain your waste material. All cardboard boxes must be broken down and removed from Park. DO NOT place cardboard or waste in or around Park trash containers or dumpster.
- Appearance - Please keep your products and work area confined to your space and neat.
- Set-Up – You will be notified of your set-up time prior to July 20. Concessions must be set-up and ready to serve food no later than 10:00 am each morning and remain open Rain or Shine, regardless of food supply- you must stay open and man your booth until closing.
- Teardown – On Sunday, Food Vendors will be allowed to bring in their vehicles to load only after their booth space is packed and ready - a Kiwanis member will give you an exit slip which will be needed to get your vehicle into the park. You must be packed up and out of the Park no later than 9:00 pm; as the sprinklers will come on at that time. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- City Ordinance’s – No dogs, alcoholic beverages (Except by special permit) or glass containers allowed in the Park and no stakes are to be driven into the Park ground. Please review city rules included with your application.
- Sales and Sales Tax – Idaho Panhandle Kiwanis does not charge a percentage of sales transacted by vendors. You retain 100% of all sales. Coeur d’Alene has a sales tax of 6%. It is required that all vendors have an Idaho Sales Tax Permit number. Tax forms and instructions will be provided to all participants at check-in.
Priority will be given to returning vendors for last year's location if desired. To guarantee that site, payment must be received by May 1st.
- Application Fee - $25 due at time of application.
- Weekend Parking Pass - tbd.
- CRAFT BOOTH: 10' X 10' booth fee - $300, due upon acceptance or no later than June 15, 2017
- CRAFT BOOTH: 20' X 10' booth fee - $575, due upon acceptance or not later than June 15, 2017
- FOOD BOOTH: 10' X 10' - $625, due upon acceptance or no later than June 15, 2017
- FOOD BOOTH: 10' wide X 20' - $750, due upon acceptance or no later than June 15, 2017
- FOOD BOOTH: 20' wide X 10' - $900 due upon acceptance or no later than June 15, 2017
- FOOD BOOTH: 20' X 20’ - $1,125 due upon acceptance or no later than June 15, 2017
- Each Art or Craft exhibitor receives a 100 square-foot space (10’x10’), located outdoors on the grass in the Park. (Additional space is available at an additional fee.)
- Booth Exhibitors may not use or display their items for sale on space outside their booth without paying applicable additional fees.
- Exhibitors must supply their own equipment (including tent, whisper quiet generator, water, etc if needed) to display and sell their products.
- Exhibitors shall post a sign identifying your booth.
- Pets are not allowed on festival grounds/city park (City Ordinance), however pets on leashes are allowed on the Centennial Trail only.
- No posts or stakes shall be driven into the ground (City Ordinance), any art that needs to be displayed shall be displayed in a bucket of sand or similar manner.