Westerville Music & Arts Festival 2017
60 N. Cleveland Ave.
Westerville, Ohio (Midwest)
Show Dates: 7/8/17 - 7/9/17
Application Deadline: 3/24/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Artshow Jury Fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
Showcase your work at Westerville’s premier annual art & music festival. The 2017 Westerville Music & Arts Festival, presented by the Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce and Heartland Bank.
Now in its 44th year, this annual community tradition anticipates a weekend of inspring art from local and national artists, while walking the picturesque grounds of rustic Heritage Park in Westerville, OH. Enjoy two days of art with the perfect soundtrack from over a dozen bands and entertainers on Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9, 2017.
Set Up/ Registration:
Friday, July 7 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 8 7:30 - 9:00 a.m.
Saturday, July 8 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sunday, July 9 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Aceepted medium categories for the Westerville Music & Arts Festival include the following:
Digitally Enhanced Photography
Fine Crafts/ Heritage Crafts:
Artists in the Westerville Walkway are comprised of artists from the greater central Ohio area, who are not juried or included in the judging for artist prize money. A $20 Application Fee is required and if accepted a $125 booth fee will follow.
For Heritage Cratfs: All work must be representative of a Heritage craft and be of fine quality, original work of the accepted exhibitor. Heritage exhibitors must dress in period costume and demonstrate their craft. Booths with an appearance that is characteristic of a Heritage craft are highly encouraged. Please send photos of your booth and costumes.
Artist Amentities include
- Use of air conditioned bathrooms the entire weekend.
- Complimentary water upon arrival for set up on Friday evening.
- Complimentary coffee on the mornings of the Festival.
- Artist Assistants to sit in your booth in your absense to use restrooms or get more product from your vehicles or trailers.
- Opportunity to register to recieve reduced cost boxed meals from a member of the Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce that will be deliveried by a volunteer to your tent.
- Golf Cart transportation by a Festival staff member or volunteer to your vehicles.
You are invited to contribute an item of your work to the Festival’s Silent Auction. Proceeds from the Auction help fund the event itself. Items should be representative of the exhibitor’s quality of workmanship and include a description and retail price. If you wish to donate a piece to the auction, please indicate your intent on your application. Volunteers will collect items from your booth and present you with a receipt of your donation prior to 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 8.
APPLICATION PROCESS & JURYING
- Deadline. Applications must be received by Friday, March 24, 2017 and include four recent digital images of your work, one recent booth image, AND a $30 jury fee to be considered for acceptance into the festival. A jury fee must be received before your artwork can be considered.
- Judging. Every applicant is juried by an expert panel.
- Multiple Entries. If your work spans multiple categories, you must apply separately in each category with the applicable application fees. If you’re accepted in multiple categories, you may exhibit work from those categories under one tent.
- One Booth Per Exhibitor. Multiple exhibitors cannot exhibit under one booth. Exhibitors must complete separate applications and submit the fee for separate booth spaces. Exhibitors may request on the application to be located near another exhibitor. The Jury Committee reserves the right to review co-exhibitors on a case-by-case basis.
- Photos. We no longer accept slides with application submissions for the Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce Music & Arts Festival. All images must be digital. No physical photos will be considered.
JUDGING & AWARDS
- Exhibitor judging begins at 9:00 AM on Saturday, July 8. Cash prizes are awarded for First and Second Place winners in Fine Arts and Crafts. (1) Best of Show will be awarded overall. (1) First Place will be awarded in the Heritage section.
- The Jury Committee reserves the right to request the removal of any work found to be sub-standard or non-representative of the work submitted for approval. All exhibitors are checked for compliance during the regular Festival hours.
- Westerville Walkway and Emerging Artists are not eligible to receive awards.
ACCEPTANCE, ENTRY & INFORMATION
- Jury Committee decisions are final.
- All work submitted for review must be high quality, original work. Items not accepted include: imports, craft supplies, kits, commercially-produced items, home-style crafts, manufactured beads and other mass produced items, dried flowers, or work produced by anyone other than the applying exhibitor. Not all of the display can be prints. A portion of the display must be originals.
- Applications are due by Friday, March 24, 2017 and decisions will be updated for each applicant by Friday, April 21, 2017.
- Booth spaces are 12’ x 12’. If you’re selected, a $125 entry fee will be due by Friday, May 12, 2017 to confirm your attendance and receive a space assignment. Please do not send booth fees with your application. Booth space requests do not guarantee placement.
- The accepted exhibitor must be in his/her booth during Festival hours. Substitute exhibitors are not permitted with the exception of the pre-approval of co-exhibitors by the Jury Committee.
- All accepted artists MUST keep their booths open the entirety of the show, unless approved otherwise in advance by the festival planning committee.
- If your application is eligible for Westerville Walkway or Emerging Artist status, the Chamber will notify you.
- For Heritage Crafts: All work must be representative of a Heritage craft and be of fine quality, original work of the accepted exhibitor. Heritage exhibitors must dress in period costume and demonstrate their craft. Booths with an appearance that is characteristic of a Heritage craft are highly encouraged.