APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Ogden Arts Festival 2017
Ogden Municipal Gardens & Amphitheater
Ogden, Utah (West)
Show Dates: 6/10/17 - 6/11/17
Application Deadline: 4/7/17 Midnight MST
15 day(s) and 13 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $25.00
Ogden’s Municipal Gardens is the new home of the Ogden Arts Festival. The Ogden Arts Festival is a community driven, grassroots event first hosted and located at the Ogden Municipal Gardens and Amphitheater with artists booths located inside the open air amphitheater. All booths will be open for 2 days. The Art Festival hours are noon to 10pm on Saturday and noon to 6pm on Sunday, electricity being provided for lighting the booths at night. Acoustic music, wandering performers, dancers, interactive poetry, art demonstrations, kids ARTivities, and the plein air competition complete the festival experience. Artist’s amenities include, booth sitters, water service, and discounted hotel rooms.
The Ogden Arts Festival has recently transitioned manangement to the Nurture the Creative Mind Foundation and will now become a fundraiser for this organization so that we can continue to support the arts all year long. For more information about the Nurture the Creative Mind Foundation please visit their facebook page www.facebook.com/NurturetheCreativeMind
Information for Artists Considering the Ogden Arts Festival 2017
Ogden Municipal Gardens
343 25th Street
Ogden’s beautiful Municipal Gardens and Amphitheater is located 3 blocks East on 25th street. Ogden's downtown historic district has been designated a national historic area and the "Crossroads of the West National Historic District." Historic 25th Street features a wide variety of unique restaurants, boutiques, and galleries. There are more examples of Art Deco architecture in Ogden than any other Utah city. Peery’s Egyptian Theater was a former host of the Sundance Film Festival.
All artist’s booths will be open for two days, Saturday, Noon to 8pm (8p-10p OAF Block Party, art vender area will be closed during this time) and Sunday noon to 6pm. Booths will be located entirely on the Ogden Municipal Gardens property. Artist’s amenities include, booth sitters, water service, and discounted hotel rooms.
The Ogden Arts Festival was established in 2004 and is a natural addition to a community with active art galleries, monthly first Friday Gallery Strolls, and a thriving downtown. Designed and organized by a grass roots group of artists, gallery owners and local art advocates. There has been careful thought given to media categories, jurying, site, and artist amenities. We want artists and patrons to enjoy a high quality and professional art festival.
January 27, 2017 | Artist applications are available on www.zapplication.org
April 7, 2017 | Artist applications due Midnight MT
April 20, 2017: Notification of jury results.
May 15, 2017: Accept invitation and Purchase Deadline.
2017 Festival Open Hours
Saturday, June 10th: 12:00pm – 10:00pm
Art Vendors 12:00pm-8:00pm only
OAF Block Party 8pm - 10pm
Sunday, June 11th: 12:00pm- 6:00pm
Saturday, June 10, 6:00am -11:45am, Ogden Municipal Gardens and Amphitheater
Danielle Bendinelli -
Text Only: (801) 390-9460
Amir Jackson (801) 710-4238
Ogden Arts Festival
2501 Wall Ave.
Ogden, UT 84401
Ogden Municipal Gardens and Amphitheater
343 25th Street
Ogden, UT 84401
Rules & Guidelines for Participation
Ogden Arts Festival considers the enforcement of its rules to be our exclusive right and responsibility. Adherence to the following rules during the festival is necessary to maintain the quality of the show at a high level for artists and the patrons. Festival officials will be visiting all booths during the show to meet artists and answer any questions. Non- compliance with the Rules & Guidelines can result in requests for work to be removed from display and for sale, and/or expulsion from the show and ineligibility for jurying into future shows. If an artist is removed from the show for non-compliance of the rules, no booth fee refunds will be issued.
1. Fine arts and extremely creative, unusual and high quality arts and crafts will be accepted.
2. All work exhibited must be original art produced by the artist. Work done by a production studio is not acceptable. Buy-sell and/or imports are not allowed. Artists selling work that is not their own will be expelled from the festival.
3. All work exhibited must be for sale.
4. Exhibitors must be at least 18 years of age.
5. Artists may exhibit work only in the category in which they were juried. Exhibited work must be consistent in style, quality, and method with juried images. Work that was not juried will be removed from the booth.
6. Artists must be present in the booth during the entire Festival, a representative of the artist may mind the booth for the artist to have a break.
7. Only one artist per application will be considered by the jury; with the exception of artists who collaborate. Collabrative artists each contribute to create the single body of work and may jury together and be listed as collaborators, associates may not display art but may tend the booth.
8. Artists are responsible for proper insurance and protection of work and booth. Ogden Arts Festival is not responsible for damage to work or booth due to weather or unrelated incidents.
9. Only artists accepted in the jewelry category may display and sell jewelry.
Categories are used to organize and balance the Festival. There is not a set number of each media in the Festival; we are careful to select artists working in a variety of media for the Festival.
• Drawing: Original compositions drawn by the artist’s hand in charcoal, pastel, pencil, ink etc.
• Fiber: Works created from fibers, including basketry, weaving, papermaking, leather, and fabric.
• Glass: Glass blowing, fusing, casting or kiln forming that has been handcrafted by the artist.
• Jewelry: All jewelry must be original designs made by the artist. Commercial findings are acceptable.
• Painting: Original compositions created by the artist’s hand in oil, acrylic, or watercolor. A limited number of reproductions, glicees or prints are acceptable, as long as the bulk of items for sale are the artist’s original paintings.
• Photography: Original photographs by the artist. May include digital alteration or hand painting.
• Pottery: Created from the imagination and by the hand of the artist from clay, porcelain, stoneware, and/or earthenware.
Bisque from commercial molds is prohibited.
• Print Making: Original compositions created by the artist’s hand using metal plates, stone, blocks, composite reliefs, or screens.
• Sculpture: Three-dimensional works incorporating any material that are carved, modeled, constructed or cast
• Wood: Any functional or non-functional work that is crafted by the artist primarily from wood.
• Arts and Crafts - In addition to Fine Art, extremely creative, unusual and high quality arts and crafts will be accepted to the festival.
50 artist booths.
Booths are 10’ x 10’. There are some corner booths, most booths are side by side. There will be a limited number of double booths. A canopy or shade device is recommended. Artists are responsible for weighting down their canopy, salt bags and five gallon water buckets work well for this. Artists are responsible for setup, take down and appropriate cleanup of booth following festival. Artist or artist’s representative will remain at the booth for the duration of the festival. Only juried handmade art items will be allowed to be sold.
Jury fee $25
Booth 10' x 10' $150
Corner Booth 10’ x 10’ $180
Double Booth 10’ x 20’ long $260
Double booth including 1 corner $300
Booth fees will be due after acceptance into the festival. Jury fee is non-refundable.
A few shared booths are available. Up to 2 artists in a single booth only. Each artist must apply individually, each paying the jury fee and receiving an invitation to the Festival. Write in the name of the artist you want to share with in the Special Requests section of the zapp application.. Only one will pay for the booth.
Collaborators are artists who work jointly on the same piece of art. Apply as a single artist, listing other artist as collaborator on the application. Booth fees are the same as a single artist.
All booths will have assess to electricity included in the booth fee and are expected to light the booth for the evening.
There will be security on duty Saturday night in the amphitheater and in the park until Sunday at 8:00pm.
Application Information: Please read carefully
Artists may enter multiple categories for jurying. Artists wishing to exhibit work produced in more than one media category must apply with separate online user identification, set of digital images, and jury fee for each category. For more information on how to apply digitally, please review the tips, FAQ’s, and imaging techniques found at: http://www.zapplication.org/imaging_tips.phtml
5 images total: 4 images of work + 1 image of booth
The booth image is used to show how the artist will present their work at the festival. If you do not have a booth image you may name another image your booth image.
$25 – non - refundable Applicants may pay online on the ZAPP site with a Visa or Master Card. The check for the non-refundable jury fee must be postmarked May 15, 2017. It will be deposited upon receipt. Send checks to:
Ogden Arts Festival
2501 Wall Ave.
Ogden, UT 84401
Images will be juried sequentially on a big screen by a 4-person jury. Scores will be Yes / No / Waitlist. Jury scores will be available to the artist.
There is no refund in case of inclement weather. The Festival will be canceled if the weather poses a danger to vendors and visitors.
Ogden City Temporary Business License.
The cost of the license is $10 and is included in the booth fee. The form must be completed and submitted to the Artist Coordinator the day of the Festival.
The sales tax rate in Ogden is 6.85%. Artists are responsible for collecting, reporting and paying sales tax. The appropriate forms will be distributed during setup.
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW