BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Lawrence Art in the Park 2017
Lawrence, Kansas (Midwest)
Event Dates: 5/7/17 - 5/7/17
Application Deadline: 3/15/17 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $15.00
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 3/15/2017
Eligibility: Art In the Park is open to any artist 18 or older, who lives within a 250 mile radius of Lawrence, Kansas. Only original fine art and fine craft are eligible and must comprise the majority of the work to be displayed. Reproductions must be identified as such. Not eligible for entry are mass-produced T- shirts and any items made from commercial kits, molds, patterns, or books (even if modified). The Lawrence Art Guild reserves the right to refuse the display and sale of artwork that is not represented by submitted images, in which case the artist will be asked to leave the show without refund of entry fees. Two-dimensional media that are eligible include graphics/printmaking, painting, digital, pastels, photography, and mixed media. Three-dimensional media that are eligible include ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, sculpture, wood, and mixed media.
Cash Awards: Artists’ work will be judged on-site by a panel representing local artists and art organizations. Awards will be based on the overall quality of art displayed by each artist. Awards will be given for overall Best in Show, and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards will be given. Amounts awarded are:
Entry Screening: Acceptance is based on artwork that exhibits originality, craftsmanship, imaginative use of materials, and aesthetic qualities. A screening committee will judge the overall suitability of artwork based on images submitted. The screening committee’s decisions are final. Notification of acceptance will be sent March 7th.
Photos: All artists must submit three (4) good-quality images showing at least one work for each medium of art to be displayed, plus a drawing or photo of their booth set-up. Images may be submitted electronically with online application, or printed photographs with mailed application. Photographs must be of original art. Label images with your name, medium, and estimated dimensions.
1. Booth spaces are assigned by the Lawrence Art Guild and are not interchangeable. Priority for booth assignments is given to re-invited artists. Remaining booth spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis depending upon when fees and contract paperwork are received.
2. Artists must be present during the entire event and must personally staff their booth space. It will not be acceptable to have someone work for you, except for breaks. Under no circumstances may agents, dealers or representatives attend the event in place of the artist.
3. Artists may show only work in categories and bodies of work approved by the jury. The Lawrence Art Guild reserves the right to refuse the display and sale of artwork that is not represented by submitted images, in which case the artist will be removed from the show without refund of any fees.
4. Artists must define “limited edition” through their Artist Statement and must disclose their process to the buyer. Original art must occupy more than 50% of the applicant’s booth space. Reproductions of 2-D work must clearly be labeled.
5. Ceramic works must be handcrafted/made by the artist. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, each must be signed.
6. Artist musts comply with all staff and uniformed security regarding site safety and regulations. Vehicles must be parked only in designated areas.
7. Art in the Park is a family-oriented event. Artwork intended for mature audiences will not be considered. On-site representatives will be enforcing this policy throughout the show.
8. All disputes that result in an artist being disqualified from appearing at the show WILL NOT RESULT IN A REFUND of the booth or jury fee, regardless if the disqualification arises before or after the show opens.
Setup: Check-in begins at 7:00 am. At the info booth near the gazebo. No electrical outlets are available. A map with your location will be sent to you, but you must check in before setting up.
Event Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|