Bigfork Festival of the Arts - 39th Annual
Electric Ave.-Downtown Bigfork
Bigfork, Montana (West)
Event Dates: 8/5/17 - 8/6/17
Application Deadline: 4/20/17 Midnight MST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Celebrating it's 39th year, the annual Bigfork Festival is a favorite among artists and visitors alike. Our well attended festival fills the main street of town with a a fine selection of arts, crafts, food, music and other entertainment on both Saturday and Sunday from 9:00-4:30. We are one of the oldest art festivals in Montana and the established traditions of quality and hospitality make it one of the most popular festivals in the northwest.
The festival has grown to its current size because of the dedicated work of a core group of volunteers and a large contigent of community members that volunteer for work details during the festival weekend. It takes more that 50 volunteers helping with tasks such as traffic control, booth sitting, set up and take down, publicity and judging to make the festival run smoohtly.
Currently there are more than 150 booths representing a wide variety of art and crafts by nationally recognized artist and craftsmen. Festival attendance is estimated to be more than 6,000 visitors.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS SHOW REQUIRES A SATURDAY NIGHT TAKE DOWN AND SUNDAY MORNING RESET. THIS IS TO PROVIDE THE DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES TO OPERATE AS USUAL DURING SATURDAY EVENING.
- Complete the zapplication form
- There is a $30 non-refundable application fee
- Please download 5 images of your current work and 1 of your booth display
- Specify if you have special needs
- Acceptable medium categories are listed in this application form
- Selection to the Festival is based on a 5-7 member jury committee-please make sure you submit an accurate representation of your current work and that the images are clear and of good quality
- Jurors look for work that is well conceived and executed, shows imagination and individuality and demontrates quality worksmanship
- If accepted, early check-in is Friday, August 4th from 6-7 p.m. at First Interstate Bank, 600 Grand Ave., Bigfork, MT. Same day check-in starts at 6:00 a.m.
- Only artists and craftsmen displaying their own work will be elegible to participate
- No commercial production work will be accepted in any category. No kits are allowed
- Any applicant showing work in a Bigfork gallery or business must provide acknowledgement from that business
- Exhibitors must furnish their own display facilities
- EXHIBITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TEARING DOWN THEIR DISPLAY AND REMOVING DEBRIS FROM THEIR SPACE EACH DAY
- Generally, the work of only one exhibitor will be allowed in each space. A maximum of two exhibitors may be allowed, if permission by the committee is arranged ahead of time and if both artists are juried into the show seperately
- Artists and craftsmen will be responsible for supervising their own booth
- Festival hours are from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. both days
- Each exhibitor's booth must be claimed, set up and the street cleared by 9 a.m. both days. No display goods or packing items may be left on the sidewalks. All Bigfork businesses will be open. BOOTHS MUST BE TAKEN DOWN SATURDAY EVENING. Tear down time is 4:30 to 5:00 p.m. each day and no early teardowns are allowed.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED
- No pets are allowed at the Festival
- Children must be attended at all times
- Exhibitors will abide by the Festival parking regulations
- THE FESTIVAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY EXHIBITOR FOR ANY VIOLATION OF THE FESTIVAL REGULATIONS
- The Bigfork Festival takes place RAIN or SHINE~Be Prepared!
- 10 x 12 Booth $215
- 10 x 16 Booth $240
- PLEASE NOTE-the size of your booth is the actual gross space needed for the entire set-up
- If you need more that one booth, double the price
- If you need a special size not listed, call the committee
- Set up begins early Saturday morning, August 5th and needs to be set up by 9:00 a.m.
- If your booth is on Electric Avenue, you need to unload on the sidewalks first and then the booths (tents) will get popped up at 7:00 a.m. SHARP (refer to site map)
- If your booth is on Grand Avenue, you may begin setting up when you arrive (refer to site map)
- All of the booths on Electric avenue are corner booths
- ONCE AGAIN, THIS SHOW REQUIRES A SATURDAY NIGHT TAKEDOWN AND SUNDAY MORNING RESET. THIS IS TO PROVIDE THE DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES TO OPERATE AS USUAL DURING SATURDAY EVENING