APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Images: A Festival of the Arts 2018
Riverside Drive and Canal Street
New Smyrna Beach, Florida (South)
Event Dates: 1/26/18 - 1/28/18
Application Deadline: 10/15/17 Midnight EST
174 day(s) and 7 hour(s) remaining
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury fee is non-refundable): $40.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
The 42nd Annual IMAGES: A Festival of the Arts is January 26, 27 and 28, 2018, in New Smyrna Beach, FL, ranked one of “The Best Small Art Towns in America.” The event attracts 48,000 arts enthusiasts, and has one of the best Patrons Programs in the Southeast, with 220 members who spend over $200,000 yearly on arts purchases at the Festival. In addition, $28,300 in prize money is awarded.
The Festival takes place on historic Canal Street and picturesque Riverside Drive adjacent to Riverside Park on the beautiful Intracoastal Waterway. New Smyrna Beach is located on Florida's Central East Coast. All artists’ booths are located on the street. A food court, entertainment tent showcasing outstanding musical acts, student art exhibit and children's art programs and face painting are featured in the park itself. Sponsors of the festival are located in the park and on the street.
HOUR OF OPERATION:
Friday - January 26, 2018
Setup: 6 AM - 12:30 PM
Show: 1 PM - 5 PM
Saturday – January 27, 2018
Show: 9 AM - 5 PM
Sunday- January 28, 2018
Show: 10 AM - 4 PM
All applications must be submitted by October 15, 2017. Blind jurying will be completed no later than October 31, 2017. Notification of acceptance will be done by email no later than November 5, 2017. If you are accepted into the show, YOU MUST ACCEPT OUR INVITATION AND PAY YOUR BOOTH FEE BY DECEMBER 1, 2017.
IMAGES: A Festival of the Arts is limited to 230 artists, including the Best of Show winners from previous years.
Artists will be assigned and must stay within their allotted 11’ X 12’ exhibition space. Displays must be set up as assigned to their designated booth space.
Judging for cash awards will begin on Friday afternoon and continue Saturday. Awards will be announced at the Artist's dinner on Saturday night at 7 PM. We will continue with the In-Booth Judging process. Artists will be judged on excellence, originality, presentation and overall. There are two judges, who have an allotted time to spend in each booth. One judge begins at the first booth and works forward, and the other begins at the last booth and works backward.
ACA Volunteer League Best of Show  $6,000
George and June Musson Award  $3,500
Mona Brewer Award of Excellence  $2,500
Jim McNamara Award for Photography  $1,500
Award of Distinction  $800
Award of Commendation  $600
Judges' Choice  $400
Award of Merit  $350
Award of Honor  $300
IMAGES boasts one of the best Patrons Programs in the Southeast, with over 220 Patrons pre-committing to spending money on art at the Festival, demonstrating outstanding community support. Patron's Choice Award ribbons are given to individuals or businesses who commit to spending a minimum of $200 on artwork at the festival. Patrons select work for purchase, then give the artist[s] a prestigious "Patron's Choice Award" ribbon to be placed in his/her booth. The amount spent by the Patrons in 2017 exceeded $200,000!
Selection Process by Jury:
Artists invited to participate in IMAGES are chosen by two independent jurors from the visual arts community. The judges review all qualified entries. No artists' names are used during the selection process to guarantee complete impartiality. Each entry receives a numerical score from each juror, and the highest scores are selected. Notices of acceptance or non-acceptance will be sent out to the artists by the beginning of November 2017. You will also be notified if you have been placed on wait-list. You can choose to have your name removed from the wait-list if you wish.
Artists may enter in more than one category; however, a separate application must be submitted for each category as well as a separate jurying fee. If you receive an invitation into the Festival and accept it, you agree to be committed to the show. No refunds will be made after December 31, 2017. No refunds will be made for inclement weather.
Artists must submit 3 digital images of their work [minimum 300 dpi] and 1 digital image of their booth space [total of 4 images]. Artists may apply in more than one category, however, a jury fee of $40 is required for each category, and the artist must submit 3 images of their work and one of their booth space for each category.
New Smyrna Beach is very welcoming to its visiting artists! Festival Artist Hospitality is available Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and includes breakfast each morning, a hand-delivered lunch on Friday, and the Artist Dinner on Saturday night. Times and places of operation will be listed in your Artist Packet picked up at Registration. The very popular Artist's Dinner is held Saturday night from 5:15 PM – 7 PM and includes music, dinner, beer/wine/soda. The Awards are announced that evening as well, and winner’s ribbons are distributed. Award checks will be delivered to the artists on Sunday. We encourage all artists to attend the dinner.
• All exhibits must be original works executed since 2015. The quality of exhibited work is expected to be equal to the images submitted for judging. Compliance will visit every booth on Saturday morning to check your work against the images submitted. If your work is not equal to your submitted images, the Festival has the right to ask you to leave the show and you forfeit your booth space fee.
• Two artists collaborating to produce single pieces of art may qualify as a single exhibitor, but all works displayed should be products of collaboration rather than individual works by each collaborator.
• No ribbons or awards from other shows may be displayed.
• Paintings, graphics and photographs must be suitably framed or matted.
• Each artist is to display the provided Festival identification card showing name, space number and city of residence. They are also to wear their nametags provided by the Festival.
• Artists are responsible for supplying their own tents and for making their tents sturdy against the wind, rain, etc. Anchor weights are required.
• Artists will receive a booth space of approximately 11’ X 12.’ Artists will not take up any additional booth space. An artist can request 2 booth spaces. The cost is $250 for each space.
• All vehicles must be removed from the show area no later than ½ hour before the show begins on each day. Setup and breakdown times are strictly enforced. Any person closing his/her booth before the scheduled closing time on Sunday shall be disqualified from future shows.
• Each exhibitor is solely responsible for collecting the applicable 6.5% Florida sales tax and filing the report with the local department of revenue.
• Registration will be open on Friday, January 26, 2018 from 6 AM until 12:30 PM.
• All booths must be set up and completed no later than 12:30 PM on Friday to be eligible for the show.
• All artists MUST CHECK IN AT REGISTRATION located on Douglas Street near Riverside Drive. You will be given an artist packet which will include your Booth Assignment and your name badge[s] and pertinent information regarding the show. We encourage you to read everything in your packet before the show opens for business.
• Without exception, artists’ vehicles will not be allowed on site after the setup times specified above.
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW