APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Ponca City Arts Festival - 43rd Annual
Ponca City Art Center
Ponca City, Oklahoma (South)
Event Dates: 8/26/17 - 8/27/17
Application Deadline: 6/10/17 Midnight CST
47 day(s) and 8 hour(s) remaining
Images: 3 (a booth shot is NOT required)
Fee (Application Fee): $20.00
A juried fine art show, this is the premier annual Arts Festival of Northern Oklahoma since 1975. Each year, artists from around the country gather at the Ponca City Arts Festival to share their arts with this region. This fesitval includes an interactive art area, a children's art area, live art demonstrations, live entertainment, food/drink vendors all next to the Historic Soldani Mansion. Artist's needs are always our top priority. Take the next step in your journey as an artist, and join this year's artist line up. This is a juried show and only 70 applicants will be accepted. Festival Submissions open in March.
The Ponca City Arts Festival is a non-commission show. All sales are made directly to the artists.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Online applications must be submitted. All photos for jurying must be received by this date.
Friday, July 14, 2017
Juried artists notified of acceptance or rejection. Booth rental fee will be refunded.
Friday, July 28, 2016
No refunds after this date
Friday, August 25, 2017
1:00 p.m. - All lots ready for occupancy
Saturday, August 26, 2017
9:00 a.m. : Judging Begins
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. : Booths Open
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. : Artist’s Party - An informal buffet style meal for festival artists, Purchase Award participants, and PCAA members will be held in Art Center galleries. Come as you are.
Sunday, August 27, 2017
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. : Booths Open
3:00 p.m. - Monetary prizes awarded
4:00 p.m. - Redeem Purchase Awards and close of festival
The Ponca City Art Festival conducts a PURCHASE AWARD PROGRAM.
These guarantee yearly purchases to exhibiting artists.
Prior to the festival, extensive media promotion will take place
Awards given out this year will include:
Best of Show - $300
2D 1st - $200
2D 2nd - $125
2D 3rd - $100
3D 1st - $200
3D 2nd - $125
3D 3rd - $100
Florence Riesen Novice Award - $100
Graphics (pastel, pencil, printmaking, etc.)
Sculpture (bronze, stone, wood, glass, etc)
After hours security will be on the premises both Friday and Saturday nights until staff arrive.
As always, free bottled water is available to all artists.
1. Exhibitors who have not been previously juried into our festival must submit three photos of work done within the past two years to be juried by the Festival Acceptance Committee. If submitting work for more than one medium, three photographs of each type of medium must be submitted. Only media approved in submitted photos may be exhibited.
2. Exhibitors who have not been previously juried into our festival must purchase the "First-time Exhibitor" booth space once accepted into the Festival.
3. Only one artist may exhibit per assigned space. Booth sharing is not allowed.
4. Spaces are subject to availability and priority will be given to returning artists and then remaining spaces will be assigned in order that applications were received. All exhibitors, demonstrations, and equipment must be within artists assigned spaces(s). All artists are responsible for bringing appropriate tent weights.
5. 2-D work should be framed or gallery finished and must be hanging for eligibility of awards. 3-D work must be displayed for easy access by the judge. Cards indicating medium, title, name of artist, and whether the work is original must accompany work.
6. Reproductions may hang along with originals, but should be plainly marked as prints. Stickers will be furnished for that purpose. Prints of paintings may comprise no more than 30% of exhibited work.
7. Exhibitors are responsible for their display, and leaving it unattended will be at the discretion of the artist. Festival Hosts will be available for short breaks. Exhibitors are responsible for their own setups, tents hooks, chairs, tables, etc.
8. No alternate location is available in case of inclement weather, so please plan accordingly.
9. No commission will be charged by PCAA. All sales are made directly with the artist.
10. Sales tax reporting is the responsibility of those artists who have Oklahoma sales tax permits. They may send in sales taxes collected directly to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. Artists without an OK sales tax permit will be required to submit a daily tax report to PCAA, along with sales tax owed at the close of the festival. The PCAA will send that sales tax collected to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. A report containing all vendors (artists) present at the Festival, phone #s and addresses will be sent to the Oklahoma Tax Commission (State Law), at close of Festival.
Early Bird (Pay by May 1, 2017) - Save $10.00
All applications must include a $20.00 application fee
Booth spaces (10'x10', limited availability)
ALL SPACES ARE ON GRASS
Tent weights are required on all tents. Using a 5 gallon bucket filled with water as a tent weight does not work well in our Oklahoma wind.
Single $120.00 (10'X10')
Double $180.00 (20'X10')
Event Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW