Q: Why can't I see an “Apply to this Show” button?
A: The Participating Shows section lists all the events that manage their applications through ZAPP®. You can only apply to a show in this list if they are currently accepting applications. To search only for events that are currently accepting applications, go to the Apply to Shows section instead.
Q: How can I retrieve my username and password?
A: Go to the ZAPP® home page and click on the Forgot Password? link. An email with your login information will be sent to the email address you used to set up the account.
Note: If you recently changed your email address, but have not updated your new email address in ZAPP®, your username and password information will be sent to your old email address.
Q: How do I update my profile with my new email address?
A: Log in to your ZAPP® account at ZAPPlication.org. Click on the My Profile button on the right side of the page and edit the information in the profile. Click Submit at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
Q: Can we apply as a collaboration or team?
A: Yes. On your My Profile page, select the Team button and fill out the names of your collaborator and/or associates.
Q: Can I start an application and return to it at a later time?
A: Yes. Your application will retain previously entered information as long as you saved your work. You should save your work frequently by clicking Save Application to avoid losing information, as the web page will time you out after a period of inactivity.
Q: Can I apply to an event a second time in one category?
A: Yes, if the event has opted in to accept multiple submissions. To apply to one show in multiple categories, you can log in to your account, select the show to which you are submitting a second application, and proceed as normal. If the show is not allowing multiple submissions with one profile, you will need to contact the show directly for advice on how to proceed with your subsequent submissions.
Q: My Images will not upload. What should I do?
A: First check to ensure that you have formatted your image according to ZAPP® Image Formatting specifications. Next, determine the type of Internet connection you have. If you have a slower connection, such as a dial-up connection, images can take several minutes or longer to upload.
Q: What does my application status mean?
A: Your application status may be in one of the following categories from the time you start an application to the time the jury results are announced and you have purchased a booth.
- Started: You have started the application but not yet finished.
- Ready for Submission: Your application is completely filled out and is ready to submit. The event has not received your application and cannot view your application until you submit.
- Awaiting Payment by Check: The event has received your application and is waiting for your check payment. Please mail your check directly to the event.
- Received: You successfully submitted your application. The event has received the application.
- Incomplete: The event administrator is requesting or allowing you to make modifications to your application. You can re-submit without incurring additional application/jury fees.
- Exception: The event administrator is requesting or allowing you to make modifications to your application after the application deadline. You should re-submit before the jury process begins.
- Withdrawn: You have contacted the event and withdrawn your application.
- Jury in Progress: The jury process has started. Applicants are being scored.
- Invited: The event has invited you to participate.
- Not Invited: The event has not invited you to participate.
- Accepted: You have accepted the event's invitation to participate.
- Declined: You have declined the event's invitation to participate.
- Confirmed: You have purchased a booth and/or confirmed your intent to participate in the event.
Q: I applied to a show but I do not see my application. Where is it?
A: Some artists have multiple accounts. Be sure that you are logged into the correct account. If you still cannot find your application on your My ZAPPlications page, please contact ZAPP® for technical assistance.
Q: How can I make a change to an application that I already submitted?
A: Each event has its own policy about opening applications after submission. You should contact the event administrator and request that your application status be changed from Received to Incomplete. This will allow you to go back into your application and make changes to text and/or images. You will not be required to pay the jury/application fee again upon re-submission.
Q: How do I get a refund for something I purchased?
A: Contacting the event administrator is the only way to request a refund for purchases made on ZAPP®. While payments are charged through ZAPP®, the funds collected are the property of the events and only event administrators can authorize a refund.
Q: I have purchased my booth but it still remains on the checkout page. Did my payment go through?
A: The checkout section will continue to display all of the products you are eligible to purchase until the purchase deadline has passed. ZAPP® will display red text stating “Already Purchased” next to any products you have previously purchased. Similarly to how online shopping works on other websites, an artist can return to ZAPP® and purchase additional items if needed. You can view products you have purchased by going to My ZAPPlications and viewing the "Payments Made" column. If you click on a transaction, you can see a copy of your purchase and/or view your printable receipt.
Q: How do I delete old images?
A: In the My Portfolio section, click on the thumbnail of the image you want to remove. Select the “delete” option from the drop-down menu below the thumbnail.
Q: How can I opt in to or out of receiving emails from ZAPP®?
A: If you choose to no longer receive the ZAPP® weekly announcement email, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or follow these steps below:
- Login to your ZAPP® account from ZAPPlication.org
- Click on the My Profile button.
- You can check or un-check any boxes to determine which communications you will receive and press the "Save My Settings" button to save these changes.