Author: ZAPP Team
Date: September 28, 2017
Cheers to 2016 and What’s in Store for 2017!
The end of the year is upon us! We have big plans in 2017 to introduce a new site design and implement enhancements that will be most useful for YOU! Thank you for making 2016 such a wonderful year! From all of us here at ZAPP to your houses all over the country, we’re wishing you a happy holiday season!
Here’s what’s going on in ZAPPland…
A Recap of the Arts Festival Conference in Houston
The 2016 Conference took place Oct. 6-7, in Houston, Texas. Planned in conjunction with the Bayou City Art Festival, conference attendees enjoyed two days of professional development sessions and received complimentary passes to attend the Bayou City Art Festival over the weekend after the conference concluded.
Laura Zabel, of Minneapolis-basedSpringboard for the Arts, kicked off the conference with an inspiring message about arts and community. The conference also featured sessions on engagement through social media, nonprofit board collaboration, jury best practices, a public portfolio critique, and more!
WANT MORE? See a conference recap from conference attendee Connie Mettler, of ArtFairInsider.com: PART 1 | PART 2
Meet ZAPP’s Newest Team Member: Joann Liu!
We’re excited to announce the hire of Joann Liu, the fourth full-time ZAPP® team member! Liu will provide support across the ZAPP program, including leading customer trainings, answering administrator questions, managing the ZAPP e-marketing options, and helping with external communications and social media. Originally from the Washington D.C. area, Liu has a strong background in the area of nonprofit arts. When not ZAPPing, you can find her climbing, hiking, making art, and spoiling her rescue dog, Taco!
WEIGH IN: Tell us which Enhancements Would be Most Useful
We’re constantly revisiting our “wish list” items to plan out the next batch of system enhancements. Help us focus on the enhancements that will make the most impact by answering this short questionnaire.
An Administrator’s Request
The following request has been taken (with permission) from a post in the NAIA Facebook Forum by Carla Fox, of Art in the High Desert.
→ As applications open for our show, I am making my annual request to artists to update their artist profile on ZAPP. Artists complain about shows not getting their info right sometimes. Its often because the info on artists’ individual ZAPP profiles is out of date. Here’s what I ask of all us artists… myself included.
Please revisit your ZAPP profile and check the following:
- Accuracy. Check that all of your profile information is correct. Do you have a cell phone number listed under primary or alternate phone number? This is SO Important in emergencies. Is your website address correct?
- Capitalization. Please be sure to use correct capitalization. It is difficult and time consuming for show staff to find and correct proper nouns (for booth signs and other printed materials) that are not capitalized correctly.
- Collaborators. Do you have someone who also helps make the art? Have you included their name in the Collaborator section? This is needed for show information and booth sign printing.
- Associates. If you have an associate who helps make artwork but is not THE/AN Artist, please add them in so we can get them a name tag- associates are listed on the bottom of your ZAPP profile.
Interested in more helpful information like this? Join the NAIA Facebook Forum!
The Holidays in ZAPPland
Though we’ll all be enjoying the holidays by munching on cookies and making snowballs (we’re in Denver, CO), we will still be available to provide you with the high-level customer service you’ve come to know and love!
Here’s when you can expect to reach us during the holidays:
- Dec. 19 – Dec. 23: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. MST
- Dec. 26: CLOSED (ZAPP will offer limited email and phone support)
- Dec. 27 – Dec. 30: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. MST
- Jan. 2: CLOSED (ZAPP will offer limited email and phone support)