ZAPP® Forum
Art Fair SourceBook
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Art Fair SourceBook

Art Fair SourceBook
January 13, 2009 10:03AM
So Fellow Artists! is the Art Fair SourceBook worth it?
Re: Art Fair SourceBook
January 13, 2009 12:22PM
It's the only resource of it's kind that only focuses on the better shows and is based on feedback from artists. The reviews are more accurate than other resources.

Larry Berman
Digital Jury Services
412-767-8644
January 13, 2009 10:08PM
Well I know you like it but what about other people..... anyone?
January 14, 2009 08:38AM
Yes it is worth it. The reports are accurate and they makes sunshine artist show reviews seem like the junk they really are. Do double check important application due dates that are important to you. About 1% of the listed due dates are wrong.

If you are striving to build a schedule that makes sense geographically (its a big country out there) and on your needed time line then you need to buy sourcebook at least every two years. I buy it every year.

If you choose to buy it every other year, you can go to the websites of your targeted show desires and plug in the real dates of the show and the deadline for application.

What you cannot get if you order sourcebook every other year, is the rise or fall of a show (in sales) that can happen in a one year time frame. Some shows move locations and die. Some shows move the show date and die. Some shows add so many artists that they die. Some shows change directors and die. Some shows decide to become music festivals (even though they think they are an art festival) and die. (or you wish you were dead as you try to survive a million decibels of bad music zapping your brain which is trying to figure out why they spent your booth fees on garage bands)

Jeesh, why do art festivals have bands? OK I moved off subject, so I'll end this reply.

Good luck all.
January 15, 2009 10:21AM
Thanks for answering my shout out!

-Robin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login