BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Affordable Art for Everyone 2016
Washington County Fair Complex Main Exhibit Hall
Hillsboro, Oregon (West)
Show Dates: 9/24/16 - 9/24/16
Application Deadline: 8/31/16 Midnight PST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is NOT required)
Fee (Application fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
This one-day indoor show will be held Saturday, September 24 in the Main Exhibit Hall at the Washington County Fair Complex, a large, fully accessible event center with free parking.
Affordable Art for Everyone will showcase between 60 and 80 artists creating work in a wide variety of styles and media. All of the art is priced under $100, including many pieces that would normally sell for more.
The Hillsboro area is growing fast and is an up-and-coming market. This is the second year for this annual event, which was well received last year and enjoys strong support from the local community and cultural organizations.
Affordable Art for Everyone invites artists to apply for our September 24, 2016 art show in the Main Exhibit Hall at the Washington County Fair Complex in Hillsboro, Oregon.
About Affordable Art
Affordable Art for Everyone is an opportunity for artists to sell their work to patrons who are ready to buy. We want to highlight the wide variety of wonderful art that is available in our area and turn more people into patrons of the arts by offering original art at prices everyone can afford. At the same time, you can find a home for great work that might be left from your previous shows or earlier series. Make room in your studio for new work by using this opportunity to clear out such pieces at reduced prices, and send them home with buyers who are excited to own them.
This is the second year for this annual event, which drew an estimated 1,000 visitors in 2015. With a more visible location and increased advertising, we expect to attract a substantially larger audience in 2016.
Similar events in Denver and Milwaukee have been successful for almost 50 years, collectively, and regularly draw thousands of buyers. With a price limit of $100, buyers eagerly anticipate finding great deals.
You pay only the application fee and booth fee. All income from sales is yours. No commissions to calculate, no one handling your art or money but you.
Categories include painting, printmaking, photography, glass, ceramics, fiber art, woodwork, metalwork, jewelry, encaustic, mixed media, and assemblage.
We’re committed to publicizing widely to get fresh eyes on your work. This is not only a selling opportunity but a chance to build your network and find new fans for your art. Marketing will include poster and flyer distribution in Washington County and the Portland Metro area, press releases and photos to local newspapers, electronic newsletters, ads in community newspapers, and an extensive social media campaign. Marketing resources will also be provided for the use of participating artists.
Deadline to apply: April 30, 2016
April 30, 2016 – application deadline.
May 14, 2016 – artists will be notified.
May 28, 2016 – deadline to pay booth fee and sign the agreement.
July 31, 2016 – deadline to withdraw and receive a refund of 50% of the booth fee.
August 1, 2015 – no refunds after this date.
September 24, 2016 – date of event.
Artists must be 18 years or older.
Include 4 high-quality images that represent the art that you will be selling at the event.
Art will be juried in the order in which applications are received. The jury panel will consist of the show organizers, working artists and arts professionals.
If you work in two different mediums (like painting and ceramics) and plan to offer both at the show, make sure the second medium is also represented in your jury photos. If you are interested in offering work in more than two categories, you will need to fill out a second application.
Categories of media include: painting, printmaking, photography, drawing, glass, ceramics, fiber art, woodwork, metalwork, jewelry, encaustic, mixed media, and assemblage. There are no quotas for different categories. The applicants who are the best fit for the show will be invited to participate.
Be sure to fill out all fields and complete your payment. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. We are looking for professional-level, well-executed art that is professionally presented.
All artists will be notified via email by May 14, 2016.
May 28 is the deadline for committing to the show, returning the signed agreement, and paying booth fees. Spots that aren’t paid for by May 28 will be offered to artists on the waiting list.
If you must withdraw from the show before August 1, 2015, you will receive a 50% refund of the booth fee. There will be no refunds for withdrawal after August 1. If you must cancel your participation, please let us know as early as possible so that we can offer your spot to someone on the waiting list.
Artists will supply their own booth setup.
For more information: http://www.affordableartforeveryone.com
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Application fees are non-refundable. Before July 31, 2016, selected and paid participants can withdraw and receive a 50% refund of their booth fee. After August 1, there are no refunds.
1. Check-in begins at 7:30 am on September 24 and booths must be completely set up by 10:30. Teardown begins at 5 pm and must be finished by 8 pm. No materials will be stored after 8 pm.
2. Artists will be in their booths throughout the show. Booths will remain set up until the show ends at 5 pm. Starting to break down the booth while the show is still open is disruptive for other artists and patrons.
3. Artists may have helpers to help with setting up their booth and/or selling during the show. Helpers may not shop before the show opens. Artists and their helpers must be in their booth at 11 am when the doors open.
4. All of the art in each booth will be original work handcrafted by the artist. Artists should only display work in the category in which they were juried. To ensure the success of the event and keep patrons interested, every booth should feature some pieces that would normally sell for more than $100. In addition, you may choose to create a line of work especially for this event.
5. Patrons will be expecting to buy original art, so plan to fill the majority of your booth with originals. You may sell some prints and greeting cards of your original art, but they should make up no more than 25% of the booth. Mass-produced items like stationery, T-shirts, postcards, mouse pads, kits, or calendars are not permitted.
6. Two artists may share a booth if they collaborated on all of the art that they are showing. Both must be listed on the application and must sign the rules agreement, as well as remain present throughout the show.
7. Established artist groups and galleries may share a 10'x20' booth. At least one artist from the group must be present throughout the show. The group shall designate one contact person to complete the application and communicate with the organizers.
8. All art must be priced under $100. All art displayed must be for sale. Artists are welcome to bring a small portfolio or tablet to show other work.
9. Artists are responsible for the neat, professional appearance of their booth. All displays and art must fit within the booth perimeter—no overhanging. This is a sale of fine art, so please refrain from displaying signs about bargain pricing or clearance that might give the impression the work is poor quality. Do not overfill your booth or stack art on the floor unless it is out of sight under a table covering. We will have visitors of all ages so keep in mind that art should be appropriate for families. Due to fire regulations, booth canopies or roofs are not allowed.
10. We advise you to bring lighting to show your art to its best advantage. Low wattage bulbs are best. Electrical outlets will be available. In order to use them, you will need to bring heavy duty extension cords.
11. Absolutely no early sales or reserved items are allowed. Selling begins at 11 am when our doors open. We suggest that all artists arrive with cash for making change and come prepared to accept credit cards.
12. The organizers and Washington County Fair Complex are not responsible for theft or damage to art or displays. Artists should not leave their booths unattended.
13. Service animals are welcome, but please leave pets at home.
14. All booths will be vetted and Affordable Art for Everyone reserves the right to remove an artist from the show if the rules are not followed.
Fee for a regular 10' deep ×10' wide x 10 high booth: $150.
Fee for a corner 10' deep ×10' wide x 10' high booth: $175.
Fee for a group 10' deep x20' wide x 10' high booth: $300.
Optional fee to rent a 8' x 2.5' table for your booth: $20.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|