The ZAPP® System
ZAPP® enables individual artists to apply online to multiple art shows through one central website, ZAPPlication.org. The online application process also allows artists to directly upload digital images of their artwork for jury review. The result is that all artwork in the system is in a consistent, high-quality, digital format. The digital images are presented to the jurors of each show and the system allows them to score online.
ZAPP® is brought to you by the Western States Arts Federation (WESTAF) in partnership with:
- ArtiGras Fine Art Festival
- Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, the Original
- Bayou City Art Festivals
- Cherry Creek Arts Festival
- MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival
- Uptown Art Fair
- St. James Court Art Show
- and the cultural organization, Celebrate Fairfax, Inc.
WESTAF is a nonprofit arts service organization that was founded in 1974. Located in Denver, Colorado, the organization is a leader in the development of innovative web-based technologies to serve the arts field across the United States. WESTAF's other technology projects include ArtistsRegister, an online gallery for artists and those seeking art; ArtJob, an online job bank for jobs in the arts; CallforEntry (CaFÉ™), an online application and adjudication system used to administer for calls for entry in public art, competitions, and galleries; Creative Vitality Index (CVI™), GrantsOnline™, an online grants management system; and Public Art Archive™, a searchable online database of public art.
|Visit our Help Center for more information on how to use the ZAPP® system to upload images, find shows, and apply!|
Benefits to Artists
- Using ZAPP® is free to artists
- Artists can upload 1000 MB of digital images to their online, individual image bank
- Jurors see high-quality digital images of artists' work
- Artists can manage applications to multiple shows through ZAPP®
- Artists save money on postage and no longer have to mail slides or CDs of images
- Artists can access their ZAPP® accounts and image bank online from any computer with an Internet connection
- Artists only have to enter contact information into ZAPP® once
- Artists no longer have to complete multiple-page paper applications
- Artists receive email notifications with application status and other relevant information
- Artists' images and personal information are kept secure and confidential
The History of the Project
In 2001, WESTAF convened several meetings with representatives of the National Association of Independent Artists (NAIA) and several major art shows to discuss the feasibility of developing a web-based system that would enable artists to apply to art fairs, festivals and shows online. Discussions regarding this technology continued over the next few years. In March 2004, WESTAF began the development of an online application system in consultation with the NAIA and eight major art shows across the U.S. The system was branded as ZAPP®, the universal online arts application, and was launched in September 2004.
The Western States Arts Federation (WESTAF) is a regional non-profit arts service organization dedicated to the creative advancement and preservation of the arts.
Are you an art festival looking for a streamlined way to collect and adjudicate applications for your art show? Find out why ZAPPlication® is the premier choice of arts festival administrators across the country and how our system can help you manage your application and jury processes online.