Art in the Park 2016 - A Northbrook Fine Arts Festival
Village Green Park
Northbrook, Illinois (Midwest)
Event Dates: 7/16/16 - 7/17/16
Application Deadline: 6/30/16 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
Currently in its 9th year, Art in the Park is sure to please artists and patrons alike. Join us as we celebrate two days of fabulous art, music and food in Northbrook, Illinois, on Chicago's prestigious north shore.
This is a juried fine art festival and has become a community highlight. Along with fine artists from across the U.S., we have artist friendly music, hands on kids art and food.
The Northbrook Arts Commission, the Northbrook Park District and the Village of Northbrook host and support the festival through numerous marketing channels including their website, cable tv and direct mailing to residents. They also host the artist hospitality area.
- Jury fee is $30
- Booth fee (10x10) is $300
- Most spaces are on grass and must be carted to
- Free day and overnight parking
- Outstanding artist amenities
- Early set up on Friday
- Free admission
- Seasoned show promoter is organized & attuned to artist needs.
Festival hours are Saturday, 10 - 5 and Sunday, 10 - 4
Contact D & W Events, dwevents.org or 847-726-8669 for more information.
Complete the on line application (Zapp), submit images and your $30.00 application fee.
Mail checks to:
D & W Events, Inc.
Long Grove, IL 60047 or,
pay on Zapp OR, pay via email@example.com paypal (please identify the artist name on checks and paypal)
If you wish to apply in two different media, please submit two application fees.
April 1, 2016 Application Deadline
April 3, 2016 Jury Start
April 5, 2016 Jury End
April 6, 2016 Artist Notification
April 18, 2016 Artist Acceptance and Purchase Deadline - Full booth payment is due at this time. If alternate arrangements are needed, contact Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jury Fees: $30 each media
If you wish to apply in two media, please submit 2 applications and 2 jury fees.
Standard 10x10 booth - $300.00
Corner booth - $375.00
Double booth - $600.00
Double corner booth - $675.00
ELIGIBILITY AND ACCEPTED MEDIUMS
Participation is open to all fine art and fine craft. The following mediums will be included in each show:
- Ceramics (2 D and functional)
- Fiber (2 D and wearable)
- Glass (2 D and functional)
- Jewelry - Beaded (Beads are purchased)
- Jewelry - Glass (Glass is hand made by artist, i.e. lampwork, drops. Can be set in metal)
- Jewelry - Metal (Jewelry is all metal. Can have stones, rocks etc. set)
- Jewelry - Semi/Precious (contains semi-precious and/or precious stones)
- Leather (functional and wearable)
- Mixed Media
- Pen & Ink
- Photography - digital
- Printmaking (hand pulled print)
- Sculpture (wood, stone, glass)
We are proud to offer the following artist amenities at all of our festivals:
- Professionally judged events with cash and ribbon awards
- Free day and overnight parking
- Continental breakfast both days of the show
- Flexible booth payment schedule
- Day and overnight dedicated security patrol
- Indoor restroom facilities
- Booth sitters
- Name badges, booth signs
- Discounted hotel rooms
- Festival brochure
- There will be dedicated, on-site security Friday and Saturday nights. We recommend you remove all artwork overnight. All valuables, including displays and tents are left at the artists' own risk.
D & W Events will advertise each festival with print ads, public service announcements, social media, banners, signs, and when possible, radio and tv.
Artists can advertise their participation in the festival by downloading the postcard and/or poster from our website and emailing or mailing to their personal lists, posting on their facebook page, twitter etc.
- Awards are offered at all events. Award winners are posted at the festival and on our website.
- Best of Show award winner receives cash, ribbon, free jury and booth fee to next years show
- First Place award winner receives cash, ribbon, and free jury fee to next years show
- Awards of Excellence winners receive a ribbon
- Peoples Choice Award winner receives ribbon and free jury fee for next years show
CANCELLATION AND REFUND REQUESTS
D & W Events, Inc.
- Jury fees are not refundable.
- All refund requests must be in writing or email (email@example.com)
- Mail to:
Long Grove, IL 60047
JURY & JUDGING
- MAY 11th IS THE LAST DAY to notify for full refund less $50 administration fee.
- MAY 25th IS THE LAST DAY to notify for 50% refund less $50 administration fee.
- All festivals are juried by a panel of professionals and/or educators in the art world.
- Artists are judged, the first day of each show, by a different group of professionals and/or educators in the art world.
- Votes are tallied and cash awards and ribbons (if applicable) are presented that afternoon.
Acceptance/non acceptance notification will be sent via email. Please make sure the email associated with your ZAPP account is current as that is the email used.
If you have not received notification by APRIL 25th, please contact us immediately.
- We will keep artists updated of their Wait List Status as often as possible.
- Artists on the wait list are welcome to show up the morning of a festival during set-up and register to see if any “no show” spaces become available. Final determination to add artists is at the sole discretion of D & W Events, Inc
ARTIST DISPLAY RULES
- All work must be the artists' original handmade work. Production, mass produced, kits, molds, stencils etc. are not permitted. Artists may not sell promotional items such as t-shirts. If you wish to sell note cards or postcards, make sure one of your image slides shows them. Artists whose work does not comply with the rules or differs from the slides submitted, will be asked to remove said items or leave. No refunds will be given.
- Artists must be present both days, all hours, of the festival. No representatives allowed.
- Late setups and early shut downs are not allowed.
- Artists are responsible for providing their own white tents, displays, setup and weights. Each tent pole should have a MINIMUM of 40 lbs of weight. If it is deemed that your weights are insufficient, you will be asked to correct the situation. If that is not possible, you will be asked to leave the show with no refund. Milk jugs with sand or water, small bricks or other such items are not considered acceptable weights. In addition to function, please consider how your weights look.
- Staking is allowed for grassy spots. Pavement spots must be weighted.
- Tents are available for a fee, upon request.
- Standard display space is 10’ x 10’. All spaces are assigned. We will attempt to honor requests.
- Artists are not allowed to sell other artists' work, no resale allowed.
- All table legs must be covered with table cloths, to the floor.
- Storage items may be stored behind tents or under tables. If stored under tables, items should not be visible. If behind tents, stack items so they are neat and tidy.
- Awnings and tent extensions are allowed but must be a minimum of 7' high.
- Reproductions are allowed but only on one tent wall and must be labeled as such.
- One bin of reproductions is allowed and must be appropriately labeled.
- Your booth is your gallery! Unprofessional/amateurish displays are not allowed. If your work should be framed, frame it! Cardboard corners are not allowed. Artist will be asked to correct any unsatisfactory or unstable displays. If no remedy occurs, artist will be asked to leave the festival, immediately, with no refund.
- Only artists juried in jewelry may have jewelry in their booths.
- Umbrellas are allowed in artist chairs. Fasten them securely.
We would like to include your website in our festival brochure. If you wish to take advantage of this additional marketing opportunity, please include your website address when submitting your application.
Illinois state law requires all adults follow proper tax filing procedures. Illinois tax forms will be available on our website. If you have an Illinois tax number from a previous year or if you already file in Illinois, you do not need a new number. The state has a record of your festival participation so make sure you file!
Sales tax varies from city to city. We will inform artists of the rate prior to the festival.
Each festival's tax form is different. Please direct any and all questions regarding taxes to the Illinois Department of Revenue (800) 732-8866.
Your submission of this application indicates your agreement and acceptance of our liability terms listed in the legal agreement herein.
SET UP INFORMATION
All artists may begin set up on Friday, July 15 at 3 pm.
Most booths are in the park and cannot be driven to. Bring your cart! Booth locations on pavement can be driven to.
There is reserved artist parking, day and overnight for trailers, nearby free of charge.