BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Downtown Clermont Art Fest 2016
Downtown Clermont, Florida
Clermont, Florida (South)
Show Dates: 11/5/16 - 11/6/16
Application Deadline: 10/19/16 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
10th Annual Downtown Clermont Art Festival of Fine Arts. We've adapted Clermont's "Choice of Champions" branding for DCAF "CHAMPIONS FOR THE ARTS!". 50 top-tier Fine Artists for the best boutique art show in Central FL. Major media partner; & conventional, traditional, social media exposure.
Est 7,500 attendance. $3000 Cash Awards plus purchase/special awards. $750 BEST OF SHOW; 5 categories 1st place, $250 each: 2-D; 3-D; Photogray; Jewelry; Fine Craft; 10 ($100) AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE.
EARLY IN BONUS: All accepted/confirmed/participaing artists accepted receive $25 Market Bucks at check-in. Each $5 "Buck" coupon good w/Food Trucks/Vendors, Shops, Restaurants, Bars, etc, in Historic Downtown Clermont Nov. 4 thru Dec 4. Friday after 5 set set-up; Saturday 6:30am set-up; on asphalt; drive to spot; 10x10 gets 15x10 space min; overnight Police security.
Friday 11/4/16: Free concert Music on Montrose in City Hall Park adjacent to DCAF location includes Food Trucks (6p-9p); Sunday Weekly Farmer's Market adjacent to DCAF. Sat Pancake Breakfast, Sat gourmet brown bag lunch delivered to artists' tents; eve catered Artist/Sponsor reception, awards.
Event produced by the Clermont Downtown Partnership. Media advertsing/PR/promotion exceeds 1.3million impressions.
Historic Downtown Clermont is 30 minutes to: Orlando, Disney World, I-4; 15 minutes to FLTurnpik (north or east); Crossroads of Central FL @ SR 50 & US 27, major east/west & north/south highways in Central FL.
APPLICATION AND FEES
1. A completed application form sent via mail or online at www.ZAPPLICATION.org.
2. High quality prints, slides or hi-res digital images online OR via non-returnable mail including CD in jpg, tif or pdf formats of 1 booth image and 3 artwork images for a total of 4 images.
3. A nonrefundable fee of $25.00 for each application.
4. An exhibit fee of $125.00 for a 10’x10’ space for your white canopy tent; OR $250.00 for 10’x20’ foot space for your white canopy tents. Fees due upon acceptance. NOTE: No refunds will be made for cancellations after 10/13/16.
5. Extended Deadline for Applications is October 19, 2016. An additional fee of $25 will be charged for artists' applications received October 20, 2016 or after via any method. Applicants received beginning October 3, 2016, will be juried within 24 hours and accepted artists invited by October 20. Final payments due not later than October 28, 2016. Program goes to press October 21, 2016; confirmed artists (payment received) will be included. NOTE: Artists accepted under Extended Deadline may not be listed in event program. Event signage and listings listing all artists confirming participation by these deadlines will be posted and promoted.
6. BONUS to all participating artists - a total of $25 in "Market Bucks" from the Clermont Downtown Partnership. Market Bucks may be redeemed at participating members of the CDP in Historic Downtown Clermont as well as food trucks and participating vendors including during First Friday November 4. Coupons will expire December 4, 2016.
CATEGORIES ACCEPTED (5):
JEWELRY • FINE ART 2-D • FINE ART 3-D • PHOTOGRAPHY • FINE CRAFT
Jewelry: Any jewelry HAND crafted from precious materials (gold, silver, gemstones, etc.) and/or non-precious materials (wood, clay, glass, etc.). • Fine Art 2-D: Two-dimensional works created with oils, acrylics and/or watercolor, traditional pastel, pencil and/or charcoal drawings, print making methods including lithograph, blocks, and serigraph, etc. as well as computer generated art which includes dramatically altered digital photography. Or mixed media from multiple materials, found objects, fiber, displayed in 2-D • Photography: Photographic prints created from artist’s original negatives that have been processed by the artist or under the supervision of the artist. Digital photography must be original photographs with minimal digital manipulation by the artist. Dramatically altered digital photographs will be judged under “Fine Art 2-D.” • Fine Art 3-D: Original work created in clay or ceramic medium, glass that have been crafted by glass blowing, molding, casting or kiln-formed. Includes stained glass - NO kits. Original works in wood, metal or other materials that are hand-tooled, machine worked, turned or carved including bronze and other casted works. • Fine Craft: Original hand made craftwork including but not limited to pottery, wood carving, hand painted original objects, quilting, dolls, or mixed media. No pre-made patterns or resale items accepted. (Category titles may be altered due to lack of applicants at organizers discretion.)
GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS
Reproductions of an artist’s one-of-a-kind original paintings, drawings, collage or mixed media may be exhibited subject to the following conditions: All reproductions whether framed or unframed, must be clearly and individually labeled ‘REPRODUCTION’ or ‘LIMITED EDITION REPRODUCTION.’ This notice must appear on the front of each item displayed or clearly on case or flip bin. 2. Unframed reproductions may not be displayed in the same browse bin with original work. Only work of the quality and type submitted in the slides or prints may be exhibited. Downtown Clermont Partnership reserves the right to reject unsuitable works at the time of the Festival.
We do not accept any commercially-produced work; works made from commercially produced patterns; castings, items made from kits, mass-produced items, T-shirts or sweatshirts, manufactured belts or handbags. Non-compliance may result in loss of booth space without refund at the committee discretion.
SELECTION PROCEDURES AND NOTIFICATION
The jury will review all four (one of booth, three of work) digital images or prints. Representation of all work you intend to exhibit must be shown in your slides, prints or digital images. The jury grades the artist’s work based solely on the four submitted. The artists with the highest scores are invited to exhibit. The artists with the next highest scores may be selected as alternates and placed on the waiting list. Artists whose work is not accepted will receive their slides or prints with decline notice. Artists who are accepted will receive an information packet containing show information and guidelines and are to pay on Zapplication.org or mail in booth fee immediately, which ever is applicable.
As the jurors are collaborating with the event management team, applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis for acceptance. Jurors credentials are available upon request.
See General Information. See Legal Agreement.
Set up may begin after Historic Downtown Clermont street closures at 5:00 pm on Friday, November 4, 2016 and may continue as long as desired. Overnight security both Friday and Saturday nights is provided by the Clermont Police Department. Artists may drive up to their assigned spot to unload for set up and to load up at tear down.
Tents must be properly weighted with a minimum of 20 pounds of attached weight be tent leg (80 pounds minimum total).
For more information, see GENERAL RULES under Legal Agreement
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|