BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Estero Fine Art Show - November 19 & 20, 2016 Presented by Hot Works
Miromar Design Center, 10800 Corkscrew Road, Estero, FL
Estero (between Naples & Fort Myers, near Bonita), Florida (South)
Show Dates: 11/19/16 - 11/20/16
Application Deadline: 10/25/16 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application/Jury Fee ): $45.00
The 18th Estero Fine Art Show, November 19 & 20, 2016 is outdoors at Miromar Design Center, a gorgeous museum-like building known as southwest Florida’s one-stop shopping destination for home furnishings. In 2014, the art fair was moved from Miromar Outlets. Miromar Design Center is directly across the street, and offers a prestige setting for a fine art and fine craft show, with high visibility from the main road, trees for shade, and plenty of parking.
The Estero Fine Art Show is voted in the top 100 art fairs in the nation – a testament to our efforts and successes. Show Producer Patty Narozny brings 30+ years of media & event experience, and a national reputation for her integrity and for producing extremely high quality art fairs. All work is original and personally handmade by the artist in the show. Hot Works shows are juried by art professionals with 120+ years’ combined art education and/or art fair experience.
Narozny works with the local media to bring a high-end buying audience, people with money to spend. Per Sunshine Artist’s article in May 2016, the Estero Fine Art Show™ held in November 2015 averaged artist sales of $7,075, with an AIP of $1,600! “Hotworks is both organized and they really bring great quality buyers–this show is a must-attend.”
Miromar Design Center is privately owned by Miromar Development, which also owns Miromar Outlets & Miromar Lakes, a nearby luxury waterfront beach and golf club voted #1 Community in the United States. The Estero Fine Art Show™ is bi-annual - the winter...
18th Bi-Annual Estero Fine Art Show™ (near Naples/Bonita)
November 19 & 20, 2016
Miromar Design Center, 10800 Corkscrew Road
I-75 & Exit #123/Corkscrew Road/Miromar Outlets Blvd.
Estero, FL 33928
10’ x 10’ = $395
10’ x 15’ = $575
10’ x 20’ = $750
Corner: Add $75
Electric: Add $75
Estero, Florida is located in southwest Florida, between Naples and Fort Myers. Estero is home of Miromar Lakes Beach & Golf Club, which has won both #1 Community and #1 Clubhouse in the nation – an achievement unmatched in any other U.S. community. This 1,800-acre residential community features a 700-acre freshwater lake, three miles of private white sandy beach, and signature championship golf - all within one luxurious setting. Nearby and under same ownership is Miromar Design Center and Miromar Outlet Mall, southwest Florida’s biggest and best collection of home design consultation and furnishings. Miromar Design Center – where the art fair is held - provides an affluent setting with visibility from the main road, plenty of parking, and shaded areas for both patrons and artists.
Hot Works™: Your Art. Our passion.
Our passion is to inspire serious art shoppers to purchase your art. We emphasize quality of work, not quantity of artists. All work is original and personally handmade by the artist in the booth. We support the unique relationship between artist and patron by not permitting music and food in the booth area.
Hot Works™’ principal partner, Patty Narozny has 30+ years event and media experience. Her longevity in the event industry, combined with her expertise, credibility, durability, integrity and stability makes Hot Works™ events not only profitable, but also gratifying for all.
Every effort is made to keep buy/sell out of the show. As this is an ongoing problem with our juried art shows, we encourage artists to inform us of any buy/sell/import that may end up in a Hot Works™ event; your name will be held confidential.
Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc. is the 501c3 non-profit arm of all Hot Works™ events. The Institute’s focus is visual arts, ethnic diversity, community enrichment, and fostering art education among young artists and up-and-coming artists.
Why do a Hot Works™ show?
Mauro Pozzobonelli, Sculpture, Loxahatchee, FL
“Patty is the greatest promotor and has a great heart!! Patty is a real person!!”
Les Slesnick, Retired Photographer, Orlando, FL
“Nobody cares more about the quality of her shows and the honesty and integrity of her artists than Patty Narozny.”
Sabra Richards, Sculpture, Worton, MD
“What makes a good show? Sales certainly count. Patty is a media expert and uses all her knowledge to get great publicity and bring in the crowds. She wants a good show and is willing to provide every advantage she can, prior day set up, aggressive policing of buy-sell, fair jurying and numerous awards that help sales. I want to do her shows because she is on my side.”
With 30+ years of media & event experience, we know how to reach out to the community and to the people with the means to purchase fine art. For all Hot Works™ events, advertising and promotion includes broadcast television, print, radio and social media partnerships. In addition, there are street banners, posters, and post cards distributed within the communities.
The Jury / Submitting Art Work
A jury of art professionals who are familiar with art fairs is retained for the selection process. Please refer to the website, www.HotWorks.org, for a biography of our jury members. Jury selection is based on originality, execution, and overall booth presentation. Artist applications are accepted electronically at www.zapplication.org or manually at www.hotworks.org . Please include three images of your most compelling work and one of your booth presentation as it would appear at the show. We will send you an email confirming receipt of your application. Your jury payment is due with the application.
After jurying has been completed, we will send you notification of your acceptance, rejection or wait list status. Upon acceptance, your booth fee check will be due. Artist packages are mailed 30-60 days prior to each event. Artists will be assigned a designated booth space, which is available on the website with booth number to be viewed about one week prior to the show. Artists chosen as alternates will be put on a waiting list. The decision of the judges is final. We invite you to check in with us at any time with any questions, for any reason.
$1,500 Professional Artist Awards
At Hot Works™, our philosophy is to put money into advertising to benefit all the artists in the show. However, we understand the value of artist awards. Most importantly, award-ribbons are proven to help sell artist’s work. The Estero Fine Art Show™ includes $1,500 in Professional Artist Awards:
All award winners, regardless of award level, receive one of our eye-catching, gorgeous two-foot-long ribbons that draw people into the booth. Awards are given at judges’ discretion based on same rules for jurying. The winning artists are automatically invited to participate in the following year’s event and the jury fee is waived.
Youth Artist Competition
As part of our commitment to bring art education into the community, a Youth Art Competition for grades K-8 or ages 5-13 encourages students to create their original and personally handmade art that is publicly displayed at the art fair the entire weekend.
Patty Narozny, Executive Producer
Hot Works™, LLC Fine Art & Fine Craft Shows
Your Art. Our Passion.
PO Box 79
Milford, MI 48381-0079
FL Satellite Office:
PO Box 1425
Sarasota, FL 34230
Like us at www.facebook.com/hotworksllc
• Art must be original and handcrafted by the artist. Individuals selling work that is not their own or otherwise misrepresenting their work or themselves are not welcome, and are requested to refrain from applying. No manufactured items are to be displayed or sold. Artists found not to be in compliance will be asked to remove the unacceptable items, and risk closure of their booth for the rest of the show with no refund. The person in the booth must be the person who made the work. If more than one person is employed in making the work, you must state so on the application and describe the contribution each person makes in executing the work and/or the finished piece.
• Artists must be present during the entire festival and must personally staff their booth. A government issued picture ID must be available at check-in, upon request.
• Collaborative work is when two or more artists work together, and should be submitted as a joint application. If accepted, collaborating artists may only exhibit work that is truly collaborative and in which all or both artists must contribute a substantial portion of the final art work. Supportive and ancillary activities (such as matting and framing) are not considered part of a collaborative effort.
• Work must match the proportions depicted in submitted images.
• For fiber/bead artists: if the beading is sophisticated sewing and art in itself, it will be considered for acceptance into Hot Works™ events; otherwise Hot Works™ frowns against “beaders” that merely string their work, which refers to buying the beads and sewing it on a string. Hot Works™ will individually consider such applications, but our decision is final.
• Displays must remain within assigned space. No infringement into public areas, and into the spaces of other artists. There can be no booth appendages in any direction, including upward. The only exception is an awning, and only if it does not interfere with an emergency vehicle that may have to drive down an aisle. You are liable for any damage caused as a result of your protruding piece either from the ground or from the top of your structure. Booth height at the show must be the same as booth height in booth slide submitted for application.
• No sharing booths unless all artists are represented in juried images.
• Electricity is available for $75, in addition to the booth fee. Generators labeled for outdoor use are permitted, but they must be placed 20’ away from any tent structure, and only if they do not disturb anyone else, for whatever reason. Please let us know if you are bringing a generator. Artists expecting to bring generators must, in their applications, disclose equipment description and where you expect to place the generator. Hot Works™ retains the right to refuse such requests, if, in our opinion, it will be disruptive to others and/or generate complaints from others.
• Prints and reproductions are accepted when clearly labeled and limited to 30% or less of work displayed.
• Photography, digital, or giclée art prints must be limited editions of 250 or less, signed and numbered, and printed on archival quality materials.
• We define “Photography” as the art or process of producing images by the formation of an image on a light sensitive surface or by an acceptable digital printing process. If applying in the “Digital” category, digital art prints must be made from the artist’s original digital file.
• Each artist must provide enough work to exhibit and sell during the entire time of the art fair. Artists who break down or leave early before closing time on any day of the event will not be permitted to return the following day or to future Hot Works™ shows unless proof of an emergency is provided.
• An artist package is mailed approximately one month prior to the show and will include 50 post cards. Please advise if a different quantity is needed; we are happy to provide you with as many as you need.
• Mailing lists are encouraged for all shows. If you do not have a mailing list, it is recommended that you start one in each city you do an event.
• Booth assignments are at the sole discretion of the event and are not interchangeable. Hot Works™ will accept and, do its best to honor, special location requests, but cannot make any guarantees. Corner spaces are available for purchase, and are assigned solely on availability and discretion of the event. Booth assignments and map of event will be available on the website a minimum of one week prior.
• For logistic purposes, artists with trailers that need to be driven onto the event site, must notify size of trailer 3 weeks prior to show.
• Heavier duty tents such as Light Dome Canopy or Show-Off Canopy are used by most professional artists. The umbrella-type, pop-up canopy by any manufacturer or distributor is not recommended, as they are the first to come down on a windy day. If you must use the umbrella-type expandable pop-up tent, as with all tents, a minimum of 60 pounds of weight on each corner is required. In addition, if there is rain, the weight of the ponding water on top of a canopy tent can potentially collapse it. Bolstering the inside corners will make the canvas tighter and avoids ponding on top on the tent. Swim noodles or hula hoops (you can purchase these from the $1 store) placed in corners between frame and canvas top can avoid ponding. At night, canopy tents must be lowered to withstand overnight bad weather. Please advise in your application if you use an umbrella-type pop-up canopy.
• When setting up your tent, the entire aisle must have the front of the tents lined up, with no protruding items in the front of your tent.
• Paintings or other art are not permitted to be displayed on the ground, unless it as shown in your booth image submitted with your application, and approved by the event.
• Artists can only hang the sign that is provided by the art fair.
• Hot Works™ will inspect booths onsite to ensure rules and standards are adhered.
• Sales Tax must be collected and remitted to the State of Florida. Florida sales tax is 6.0%; call State of Florida at 800-352-3671 or obtain the sales tax form online at http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/taxes/sales_tax.html.
The deadline to apply is August 5, 2016; notifications sent by August 15, 2016
Booth sizes are as follows:
10’ x 10’ = $395
10’ x 15’ = $575
10’ x 20’ = $750
Corner: Add $75
Electric: Add $75
Event Hours Saturday & Sunday 10am-5pm
Move-in Friday, 8:30am-6pm
Move-out Sunday, 5pm-9pm
___ Clay ___ Metal
___ Digital ___ Other
___ Drawing ___ Painting
___ Fiber ___ Other
___ Glass ___ Photography
___ Jewelry-Precious ___ Printmaking
___ Jewelry–Non Precious ___ Sculpture
___ Mixed Media ___ Wood
— Complete all required information on the application and by the deadline.
—$30 app fee on Zapplication.org. Jury fee waived for previous year’s event winners in that event. Add $25 for late applications.
— Please provide three electronic images of your most compelling work, plus one of your booth as you would set up at the show (include browse bins, if any). Size 1920x1920, or minimum 300 dpi.
__ Upon your acceptance into the show, booth payment is due approximately 60 days prior to the event for which you have applied.
— You may include an Artist Statement explaining the process and materials used in your work, as well as your reproduction process. Please also indicate a list of any recent awards and honors.
— Please make all checks payable to “Hot Works™, LLC” and mail to: PO Box 79 Milford, MI 48381-0079 postmarked by deadline.
*A white commercial tent can be rented for $200, includes sidewalls, weights, set up and tear down.
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|