Boca Raton Museum of Art Outdoor Juried Art Festival 2017
Mizner Park & Amphitheater
Boca Raton, Florida (South)
Show Dates: 2/4/17 - 2/5/17
Application Deadline: 10/7/16 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $45.00
The Boca Raton Museum of Art located in Boca Raton's Mizner Park is celebrating its 31st Annual Outdoor Juried Art Festival. Each year, approximately 200 nationally and internationally-acclaimed artists gather in Mizner Park to showcase their fine artworks. The goal of this juried show is to select and present the highest caliber of art represented by many different mediums to our knowledgeable and discerning audience.
Please KNOW THE RULES
FEBRUARY 4th AND 5th, 2017
Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm
Sunday, 10 am to 5 pm
POINTS OF INTEREST/AMENITIES
- 200 exhibiting spaces
- 50,000 art enthusiasts attend
- $12,000 Total Awards
- Located on the grounds of an upscale retail center
- Over $20,000 committed to advertising
- Complimentary Artist Continental Breakfast
- Complimentary Booth Sitters
- Exhibit map/flyer
- 24-hour Security
- Booth Signs
- Food Court/Restaurants
Boca Raton Museum of Art
501 Plaza Real
Boca Raton, FL 33432
$12,000 will be given in awards where excellence is determined, regardless of media category, as follows: nine Merit awards of $1,000 each, and one $3,000 Best-In-Show award. On-site judging of the exhibitors will take place during Art Festival hours on Saturday, February 4th, 2017. Awards will be based on the quality of the entire body of work displayed.
The Boca Raton Museum of Art’s Art Festival does not require an artist to pay any commissions. All sales are handled by the exhibitor and it is the responsibility of each artist to collect Florida Sales Tax (6%) and return payment to the Florida Tax Revenue Service. Tax forms will be issued to each exhibitor in the on-site packet at the opening of the Art Festival. For further tax information, call 1-800-352-3671 to request Form DR-1, or call the West Palm Beach office at 561-640-2800.
All artists must apply on ZAPP by Midnight Eastern time on Wednesday, September 30, 2016. A separate application, images and jury fee of $45 must be submitted for each category that an individual artist enters. Only one (1) application may be submitted per body of work represented. Multiple applications must represent either work in different media categories or distinctly separate bodies of work within one category. A collaborative team producing a single work of art may qualify as a single exhibitor.
Please submit a total of four (4) digital images, professional quality. Three (3) digital images must be of individual pieces of work, and one (1) digital image must be of your current display. The display image should only have your work displayed in the booth and not reveal names or people standing in the booth.
The Boca Raton Museum of Art staff reserves the right to use artist’s images for promotional purposes, including advertising, publicity and web-based distribution outlets. No compensation will be given for use of these images.
The jury selection process will take place October 11, 2016. Four (4) Jurors will be viewing each artist’s digital images simultaneously utilizing high-quality computer monitors. Artists are assigned a number and judged only by the digital images submitted, not on any other qualifications. The digital images will be displayed in one row showing three (3) digital images of the artwork, and one (1) image of the booth. During the first round of jurying, all Jurors will classify each artist’s work as “Invited,” “Not Invited” or “Waitlist.” During the second round of jurying, those classified as “Waitlist” will either be added to the “Invited” category, or remain on a waitlist. The 200 available spaces will then be offered to the invited artists. Applicants will be notified of jury selections on ZAPPlication by October 21,2016, and by email shortly thereafter. Telephone or postal-mail notification will NOT be given.
The Boca Museum of Art rents a parking lot adjacent to Mizner Park from the City of Boca Raton for Festival artists. A limited number of these parking spaces are available at a total cost of $50 for two (2) days. The artist-parking area will open at noon on Friday, February 3, 2017, with spaces available on a first-come, first-served basis. Artists with trucks and trailers are NOT permitted to park in any of the Mizner Park garages. Artists with cars may park on the upper level of the Mizner Park garages. Artists are required to follow the traffic-flow instructions set up by the Art Festival Committee in conjunction with the City of Boca Raton.
APPLICATION FEE: A $45 non-refundable credit card purchase or check, payable to the Boca Raton Museum of Art, must be submitted with each application. Booth fees are NOT required at this time.
Upon receipt of acceptance notification, the accepted artist is required to pay by credit card or to send a check for a booth space by January 13, 2017. Credit card payment or one (1) check, payable to the Boca Raton Museum of Art for the proper booth fee is required. Booth fees range from $350 - $1,000. Failure to respond by the deadline will result in revocation of the invitation. All fees will be deposited upon receipt. Booth fees will not be refunded due to artist cancellation after January 13, 2017.
PRE-ACCEPTED ARTISTS (2015 and 2016 Award Winners)
If you are a pre-accepted artist from either the 2015 and/or 2016 Art Festival, it is still necessary for you to submit an application on ZAPP with four (4) digital images (3 artwork images and 1 booth image), and pay the $45 application fee. Be sure to enter the coupon code “PREACCEPT.” Include a booth location request (if you know one) on your application. Please note: The Boca Raton Museum of Art 31st Annual Art Festival will require four (4) digital images from ALL artists, including pre-accepts.
- Completed application for EACH medium entered.
- Three (3) artwork images AND one (1) booth image per medium.
- $45 NON-REFUNDABLE application fee, check or credit card.
- Invited Artists send appropriate booth fee before 1/13/17
- MAIL checks to the Boca Raton Museum of Art, 501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432.
- Application Deadline on ZAPP: September 30, 2016
- Application fees postmarked: September 30,2016
- Exhibitor Image Jury: October 3, 2016
- Invited notification available on ZAPP: October 7, 2016
- Deadline for invited artists/pre-accepts to remit booth fee: January 13, 2017
- Information on booth assignment will be posted on ZAPP by January 20 , 2017
- Last day for full refund due to artist cancellation: January 13, 2017
- Booth set up: 3 am February 4, 2017
- Art Festival: February 4 and 5, 2017, 10 am to 5 pm daily
- Booth closure cannot begin before 5 pm Sunday, February 5, 2017
Thank you for your interest in the Boca Raton Museum of Art 31st Annual Outdoor Juried Art Festival. We are excited to celebrate so many years of outstanding visual art with you.
KNOW THE RULES
The following rules and policies are provided to ensure fairness to all participating artists and to the festival guests. Any failure to comply will result in immediate removal from the Art Festival and the artist will be ineligible to participate in the Boca Raton Museum of Art’s Art Festival for a minimum of three (3) years.
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older. The artist must be present for the entire two-day event. Representatives may not attend in place of the artist. Photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Work displayed on site must be consistent with the work shown in the digital images submitted - work outside of your juried category will NOT be allowed.
- All work in every category must be the original work produced by the exhibiting artist. Work which has been produced from commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms or other commercial methods is NOT permitted.
- Digital reproductions, Giclee, Iris, or inkjet copies will NOT be accepted. Only original artwork is allowed at the Art Festival. Reproductions will NOT be permitted. A reproduction is defined as a work of art which already exists (as a painting, watercolor, drawing, photograph, etc.) and is copied by digital or photographic means and printed on an offset press, serigraph press or through a computer by means of an ink jet or electrostatic printer. This includes Giclee. All prints in the Digital and Photography category must be signed and numbered in a limited edition of 250 or less.
- All two-dimensional work must be matted or framed.
- Jewelry is to be sold only by artists accepted in that category.
- All work must be priced or otherwise marked “Not for Sale.”
- Exhibitors may not display ribbons or awards from any other or previous shows.
- Animals will not be permitted in the exhibition area.
- Exhibitors must keep their exhibits open until 5 pm Sunday, February 5, 2017.
- Vehicles are NOT allowed in the exhibition area until permission by local authorities is given. Artists will be assigned numbers for loading & exit Sunday, February 5, 2017.
Event layout to be the same as 2016. An updated map with booth numbers will be posted by July 31, 2016. Each artist is provided a single 10’ x 10’ exhibition space at the cost of $350. A very limited number of corner booth spaces are available for $650; double booth spaces (10’ x 20’) are available for $650, and very limited double with corner spaces (10’ x 20’) are available for $900 and center double spaces & center double "open air" spaces for $1,000 . Participants are expected to bring their own canopy (white tent), display booth, display racks and any booth support materials including chairs. The display must be sufficiently sturdy to withstand weather and crowds. The artist is responsible for cleanliness, safety, and security of their display. Cartons/boxes should not be in view. Electricy and/or generators are NOT permited. Booths will be assigned by the Art Festival Committee, who will do their best to comply with specific requests. All booths must be set up and vehicles must be removed from the exhibit area by 9 am Saturday and wil NOT be allowed back into the exhibit area until after 5:00 p.m, Sunday, February 5, 2017.