St. Johns River Festival of the Arts Inc. 2017
First Street, Sanford, FL 32771
Sanford, Florida (South)
Event Dates: 5/6/17 - 5/7/17
Application Deadline: 4/30/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application and jury fee): $25.00
The St. Johns River Festival of the Arts in beautiful historic, downtown Sanford, FL, invites you to apply to the sixth annual FINE ART & FINE CRAFT JURIED art show held May 6th and May 7th, 2017. We offer over $15,000 in award money. Attendance is estimated at 25,000 +. Strong advertising and marketing campaign surrounds the festival with TV, radio, billboards, newspaper, direct mail, magazines, calendars, social media etc. Booths are $225 for First Street (limited space available and based on early sign-up) or $165 for side street and $25 application fee. Easy load in and load out setup on Friday or Saturday morning. Artist Patron program and artist retreat available with continental breakfast and a light lunch provided Saturday and Sunday.
Awards: Over $15,000 in award money.
(1) Best in Show - $3,000
(2) Juror's Choice $900
(8) Awards of Excellence $800 Eight Awards
(8) Awards of DIstinction $500 Eight Awards
Painting, Watercolor, Photography, Wood, Clay, Digital Art, Drawing and Graphics, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Leather, Metal, Mixed Media, and Sculpture. Fine art and fine craft judges will be knowledgable in all categories.
Art Festival information:
- The St. Johns River Festival of the Arts, Inc. is a non-profit organization (organized by artists) with programs and scholarships benefiting our "Art for Kids" program. A program offering art education and instruction to underpriveledged children regardless of their ability to pay.
- Public art education is important to us. The Festival encourages artists to demonstrate and will provide extra space to do so. For more intense demonstrating artists - Artist may apply for the "artist demonstration" program. If accepted booth fee may be waived.
- Artist friendly, offering easy check-in and exit at the end of the festival
- Artists who apply early may be showcased in the media spots.
- Booth numbers and artist information will be posted in the festival program.
- Convenient parking for artists
- Convenient drive-in and unload at your site
- Extra large booth spaces for extra side visibility
- The City of Sanford offers free WI-FI within the festival area
- Light breakfast & light lunch provided Saturday and Sunday in VIP/Artist Retreat
- Booth sitters and water available.
- Sanford Police Department will be on site throughout the Festival for 24 hour security
- Easy access from I-4 and 417
- Special prices from area hotels for artists and vendors
- Patron of the Arts program
- Extensive marketing and advertising campaign
- An increasing 25,000 + attendance
The mission of The St. Johns River Festival of the Arts in Historic Sanford, Florida is to enrich the quality of life in our community by cultivating an Arts and Cultural environment that offers venues to educate and stimulate the appreciation and advancement of both.
- All entries will be juried. Entrants are required to submit three photos of their artwork and one of their Booth setup on CD disk or apply online (click here). All artwork submitted for jurying must be current and represent the entire body of work to be shown at the SJRFA. The committee will check the booths throughout the festival for any non-allowed art.
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRY is April 1, 2017. Note: If you prefer a booth space located on First Street apply early!! Booth space on First Street CAN NOT be guaranted for applications received later than February 1st, 2017. Payment must be received to reserve your First St., space. For applications received later than Feb., 1st only side street locations may be available. If entrant is mailing their application please send separate checks with their application. One for jury fee; $25.00 (non-refundable) and a second check for booth fee; $165.00 (side street) or $225.00 (First Street). $330.00 or $450.00 for double booth space, see booth information). Make checks payable to: St. Johns River Festival of the Arts. Please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope to The St. Johns River Festival of the Arts, P. O. Box 223, Sanford, Fl. 32772-223. Artist's checks returned for non-sufficient funds will be charged the bank fee of a minimum of $35.00.
- All entrants will be notified of their acceptance or non-acceptance within 3 weeks of receipt of application through ZAPP. Please check your Zapp account to see status of acceptance. Artists who submit via USPS will receive email notification of their acceptance/non-accepance. No refunds will be made due to cancellation by the Artist or inclement weather.
- No art supplies, picture frames, commercial photography, kits, commercial patterns, coin jewelry or works cast in commercial molds, mass produced items or buy/resell will be accepted or displayed. ABSOLUTELY NO BUY/SELL/MANUFACTURED items will be allowed.
- Exhibit spaces measure approximately 12’ x 12’ and the Artist is responsible for their own white standard Artist’s tent, booth frames, or support structures unless otherwise approved. The Artist must stay within the allocated space. No tarps are permitted beyond the booth area. Electricity and water will not be provided to any artist. NO GENERATORS allowed. No stakes in the tarmac please! Artists must provide their own sand bags or weights.
- All entrants must check in at Registration prior to setting up their booth to obtain a booth card, "hold harmless" signature and packet. THIS IS MANDATORY! A booth identification card must be attached to the upper left front corner of the display space at all times during the show. Space is defined as space only.
- Booth set-up time will be allowed on Friday before the Festival from 3:00 pm until 9 pm or Saturday morning from 7am-9am. This will be the only time Artists will be allowed to drive to their booth spaces to unload. Once "unloaded" exhibitors are required to park. There are many parking areas surrounding the festival route. Breakdown - artists will be allowed to drive to their booth space on Sunday after 5:30 pm after they have broken down their tents to load their art and displays.
- 24 hour security will be provided by Sanford Police Department from Friday to Sunday at 5 pm.
- Without exception: Artist’s vehicles will NOT be allowed on-site for the duration of the Festival after 9am on Saturday.
- All artwork must be set up by 9:30 am on Saturday and 9:30 am on Sunday. Artists who are not set up accordingly will forfeit their space to alternate Artists. Any Artist closing and breaking down their space before 5 pm Sunday will be disqualified from future Festivals and will relinquish all rights to any prize money they may have won.
- The Artist must be present. No stand-in exhibitors, dealers, agents or wholesalers. The Festival committee reserves the right to ask any Artist for identification. There will be only one Artist permitted to exhibit in a space. All work must be attributed solely to the exhibiting artist. All works must be for sale or available for commission. NO DISPLAYS CONTAINING MANUFACTURED – BUY/RESELL ITEMS are allowed. Displays will be viewed by the Festival committee at intervals throughout the Festival. The committee shall have the sole discretion to require the removal of artwork which violates Festival rules. Artists violating any Festival rule must remove their exhibit immediately. No fees will be refunded to the Artist.
- Collection of the 7% Florida sales tax on all sales is the responsibility of each Artist.
- No pets allowed.
First Street Booths:
There is a limited amount of First Street booth spaces representing each art/craft category.
(10x10 booth space is $225) (10x20 booth spaces is $450)
No booth space on First Street will be guaranteed from applications received and paid after February 1, 2017. If you would prefer a First Street booth space please apply early!
Side Street Booths:
(10x10 booth space is $165) (10x20 booth space is $330)