BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Art in the Gardens 2016
Downtown at the Gardens
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida (South)
Show Dates: 11/5/16 - 11/6/16
Application Deadline: 10/28/16 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $20.00
The Palm Beach NorthChamber of Commerce invites you to apply to be an exhibitor at the 11th annual Art in the Gardens, a two-day arts festival produced by the staff that operates the annual ArtiGras Fine Arts Festival. Admission is free to the two-day event which showcases over 50 artists. Attendees will be treated not only to the art, but to local musical entertainment and food from the fine eating establishments in Downtown at the Gardens. Festival hours are 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 5th, and on Sunday, November 6th. Complimentary parking will be available onsite.
Application DEADLINE is September 23, 2016.
Art In The Gardens will feature more than 50 artists. Applications will be accepted from artists in the following categories: Ceramics, Fiber (Wearable and Non- Wearable), Drawing and Printmaking, Glass, Jewelry, Mixed Media (2-D and 3-D), Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Metal, Digital Art, Watercolor and Wood. Artists are chosen for their unique styles and artistic excellence.
September 9, 2016
Deadline for All Applications
October 5, 2016
Artists Notified by E-Mail of Selection & Reserve List
October 14, 2016
Deadline for Signed Exhibitor Agreement and Booth Fee
No refunds will be processed if their is a cancellation.
Each exhibiting artist must complete an online application with only one artist per entry, unless you are entering as a team in collaboration. Artists may apply for more than one category, but a separate online application must be filled out for each category. Each application must include a jury fee and its own set of images.
An artist may be accepted in more than one category. Multiple online applications must represent either work in different media categories or distinctly different work within the media category.
Submit four images, three of individual pieces of work and one of your booth display. The images must be an accurate representation of the work to be exhibited and reflect current creations. Image quality is very important. Do not include your name or company name on any image.
Show staff has the right to invite up to 5 fine artists to participate in the show. To qualify, artists must not have participated in the show previously.
Reserve List Artists
Images of the artists on the reserve list will be retained until after the festival.
Artists who are accepted to the show will be sent all show related materials during the week of October 31, 2016.
Chamber maintains the rights to use submitted images for publicity and affirmation purposes before, during and after the event.
The jury consists of a panel of experienced arts professionals. Decisions by the jurors are based solely on the quality of work in the submitted images. Images must clearly represent all work intended for exhibition at Art in the Gardens. The images are reviewed by the panel in a blind jury process. The jury will view the four images submitted by each artist. Each category will be judged separately. The category is quickly previewed and then viewed again as the art description is read aloud. Additional information about the images is given at the request of any juror. All jury decisions are final.
There are 75 spaces for the Fine Art Juried Showcase.
There are no established quotas for individual media categories. A reserve list of up to 10 artists from each media category will also be selected. An artist must achieve a minimum score to be considered for the show and reserve list.
EXHIBITOR RULES AND POLICIES
1. All artwork must be the original work of the displaying artist. No proxy exhibitors, commercial dealers or agents are permitted.
2. An artist may not exhibit in any other festival on the same dates as Art in the Gardens.
3. The work of only one exhibitor may be displayed in each assigned space, with the exception of artist teams or collaborators.
4. Artist teams and/or collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor; however, such a team may not consist of more than two people. If you do enter as an artist team or collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the online application. Both artists must be present throughout the entire show. No work by apprentices or employees will be accepted.
5. Buy/sell vendors are strictly prohibited.
6. Artists may exhibit artwork only in the category in which they are accepted. See application rules regarding applying in multiple categories.
7. Artwork will not be permitted if it is created from molds, kits or other commercial methods.
8. Artwork produced in studios involved in volume production will not be permitted, nor will work that is mass-produced in combination with items created from original handcrafted pieces. We reserve the right to remove any questionable, non-approved artwork from the show.
9. Art made from ready-made items like clothing, commercially dyed material or furniture with painted, dyed or batiked embellishments will not be accepted.
10. No work on display may be copies of masters, advertisements, or widely circulated photographs.
11. All developing and printing of images must be done by the artist or under the direct supervision of the artist.
12. All artwork shown in the booth must be comparable to artwork shown in images. Compliance will be verified during the event. Ineligible work will be removed from the festival. Booth images will be used to verify booth display presentation. Booth areas must look professional at all times.
AT THE EVENT
1. The artist must be present all days of the festival.
2. All artwork displayed must be for sale.
3. All two-dimensional work must be matted or framed.
4. All artists are required to check in at the Artists Oasis before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 13, 2015. A photo ID is required. Assistants and employees may not check in for the artist.
5. No animals are allowed in or around the artists’ booths.
6. Displaying ribbons and awards from other shows is not allowed.
7. Artists must maintain the booth for the entire event. If items sell out, the artists can maintain the booth with one or more of the following: displaying portfolio pictures and/or showroom samples, or retaining sold artwork for delivery after the event.
8. Any artists closing their booth prior to the end of the show will not be permitted to return the next day or in subsequent years.
9. Each exhibitor is responsible to collect and pay State of Florida six and a half percent sales tax. No commission on sales will be paid to the Chamber
REPRODUCTION POLICY AND ARTIST STATEMENT
1. Fine Art Reproductions of original paintings, pastels, drawings, collage or mixed media may be exhibited if they are limited editions, signed and numbered on the front of each piece.
2. Framed or unframed reproductions may be displayed in one browse bin. Reproduction pieces must be clearly marked as “Reproduction" or “Limited Edition Reproduction" on the front of each piece. Reproductions may not be in the same browse bin as originals. The browse bin must also be labeled “Reproductions".
3. Framed reproductions may be displayed in browse bins and/or hung on one wall of the booth, not to exceed ten (10) linear feet. All unframed reproductions must be displayed in browse bins.
4. No laser prints or color photocopies will be permitted.
5. No posters, t-shirts, calendars, cards/postcards or other personal merchandise that is a mass reproduction of an original piece of artwork will be permitted in exhibitor booths.
6. Artists must post an artist’s statement explaining the process and materials used in displayed works. Reproductions must also be disclosed in this statement.
Original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, the artist must sign each piece. No machine-made or massproduced work is permitted.
Drawing or Printmaking
Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayons, etc., or from a fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush. Printed works for which the artists handmanipulated the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Printmakers are required to disclose both their creative and printmaking processes. Digital art applicants may apply in this category.
All work crafted from fibers, including basketry, embroidery, weaving, tapestry and papermaking. No machine-tooled, machine-screened patterns or miscellaneous forms of mass production are permitted. All factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artists, are not accepted in this category.
Glass works that are functional or decorative by design and are kilnformed or have been crafted by glass blowing, molding or casting. Works may be etched or engraved. No forms of mass production are permitted.
All jewelry, whether produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials. No commercial casts, molds or production studio work is allowed.
Two and three-dimensional works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production. This includes nonsculpture work as determined by the artist.
Works created in oils and/or acrylics.
Photographic prints made from artist’s original negative that have been processed either by the artist or under his/her direct supervision. Photographers are required to disclose both their creative and printing processes.
Three-dimensional original work done in any medium.
Original works that are handtooled, machine-worked, turned or carved.
BACKYARD GARDEN ART CATEGORIES
Outdoor furniture for garden or patio. Decorative or functional furniture may be entered.
Craft items created for the garden or patio. Items can be decorative or functional.
Jury Fee: $20
Booth Fee: $250.00 (plus 6% Florida sales tax)
Double Booth Fee: $500.00 (plus 6% Florida sales tax)
Additional Fee for Corner Booth: $79.50 (plus 6% Florida sales tax)
Each online application must be accompanied by a $20 credit card payment for the jury fee. Check payments are not accepted. This is a non-refundable jury fee. DO NOT send booth fees until you have been notified of your selection. We will return any booth fees we receive before acceptance. A $250.00 (plus 6% Florida sales tax) booth fee will be required to be paid online if you are accepted and should be paid with your agreement to exhibit. Do Not Send Booth Fees in advance.
For Accepted Artists - Double or corner booths can be requested when sending in your agreement with payment. These special requests will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis, based on payment dates.
Exhibitors who do not show and do not cancel will not be re-invited.
No refunds will be distributed for any cancellations.
BOOTH SPACE DESCRIPTION All exhibit spaces are on either asphalt or grass and measure 12’ x 12’. Booth and display must be constructed to withstand crowds and wind. Booths placed on a paved surface may not anchor supports into the pavement. Exhibitors should be prepared for inclement weather with rain covers, tie-downs and weights. Exhibitors will be held liable for any damages made by their tents. Each exhibitor is responsible for his/her own display in case of damage or loss.
We want your time with us to be not only profitable, but also enjoyable. Artist acceptance packets will include all necessary forms for registration, select hotel and restaurant information, tent and equipment rental information, list of local hardware and grocery stores and maps of northern Palm Beach County and of the festival site.
During the festival, the following amenities are offered to all artists:
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|