Fairhope Arts and Crafts Festival 2017
Fairhope, Alabama (South)
Show Dates: 3/17/17 - 3/19/17
Application Deadline: 10/18/16 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee plus Late Fee of $50 after 9/25/16): $85.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
*******APPLICATION EXTENSION - DEADLINE IS MIDNIGHT 10/18/16 (Includes $50 Late Fee)********
For the past 65 years, artists and craftsmen have come to Fairhope, Alabama to celebrate the arts. Our beautiful downtown along the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay will host the 65th Annual Fairhope Arts and Crafts Festival March 17, 18 & 19. More than 250,000 visitors will join us for the weekend where they can enjoy diverse works of quality artwork, entertainment, delicious food and great shopping.
The festival has received many accolades and honors including Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 event in the Southeast, Sunshine Magazine Top 200 show in the country, Alabama Magazine has awarded the show “Best of Bama” and many more.
The Fairhope Arts and Crafts Committee/Foundation and the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce with additional support from the City of Fairhope hope you join us for our annual festival where artists are treated to our own brand of “Southern Hospitality.” Start your mornings at the Eastern Shore Chamber office for some of the best cheese grits you’ve ever tasted (they go quickly, so get there early) then enjoy cold drinks and “booth sitters” throughout the day. Plan on spending Friday evening at our Artists’ Dinner where we award $10,500 in prize money to show exhibitors.
The hours for the 2017 festival are Friday-Saturday 10am to 6pm and Sunday will be 10am to 5pm.
We look forward to seeing you in March!
Artist Selection Process: Artists are juried by an independent panel and selected based on the images submitted with their applications. Therefore, current quality photos which show your work and booth to their fullest potential are encouraged. Images must be representative of the works that will be shown at our Festival. Selection is based on quality and skill in workmanship, original and creative ideas and attractiveness of display. Artists with quality works may be accepted to a “wait list” once a category is full. Do not send samples; they will not be presented during the jury process nor will they be returned
- Decorative Crafts– wall hangings, stained glass, garden art, etc.
- Functional Crafts- musical instruments, baskets, clothing, leather, crockware, etc.
- Graphics & Drawing – print making (i.e.: etchings, serigraphs, pen and ink, pastel, pencil, drawing)
- Jewelry- (only category allowed to display/sell jewelry)
- Mixed Media- works combining two or more mediums
- Painting – oils, acrylics, watercolor
- Pottery/Ceramics – earthenware, raku, porcelain, etc.
- Sculpture – 3Dimensional forms in clay, metal, glass, fiber, wood
- Wood- furniture, bowls, carvings, etc
Artists’ Amenities: Police Security, Hospitality Tent, Ambassadors, “Artist Adoption” Program by the Downtown Merchants Association and Artist Dinner.
The Artist Dinner will be held at the Fairhope Civic Center (within Festival walking distance) on Friday, March 17th at 6:30 PM. The dinner features the presentation of awards. Each booth receives 1 (one) free dinner ticket. Additional tickets may be pre-ordered with return of acceptance packet. A limited number of additional tickets will be available at registration on Thursday, March 16th. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Judging will begin at 9:00 am on Friday, March 17, 2017. Judges will evaluate exhibits in the manner of their choice. An assistant is assigned to each judge and will mark the booth card to indicate that each exhibit has been judged. Place booth cards at upper right corner of tent.
FAIRHOPE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL 2017 - Application Rules and Regulations
- An accepted application is a commitment to participate in the show. NO REFUNDS will be made for any reason, including inclement weather. Accepted artists must exhibit the full three (3) days of the show and be in their booths during designated Festival hours. Stand-in or proxy exhibitors are not permitted.
- Exhibitor must be directly involved in the design and production of work they exhibit at the Annual Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival. Exhibitors must display their own work, not that made by others (buy/sell). Excluded from exhibition are: commercially manufactured items, ceramics from commercial molds, mass-produced items, plants, soaps, candles, food items, books, CDs, t-shirts and commercial jewelry. Reproductions, including giclees, are allowed to be sold but must be clearly marked. At least 25% of your display must be original work.
- Only one (1) artist with his/her original work is allowed per booth.
- Only work representative of that submitted for jurying may be exhibited. Only artists juried and accepted in the jewelry category may display and sell jewelry items. Displays will be viewed throughout the Festival. The Festival reserves the right to request the removal of any work that differs from the images submitted and accepted as well as any inappropriate work or display. Failure to remove such works or abide by the rules set forth may result in the applicant’s removal from the Festival and applicant being prohibited from participating in future Eastern Shore Chamber sponsored festivals.
- Any items that you plan to sell during the festival must be represented in your booth image.
- Exhibitors bear the responsibility for all setup and security needs for their exhibits. The Festival does not require exhibitors to show proof of insurance; however, it is recommended that each exhibitor be covered under their own insurance. Please allow for restocking during Festival hours as vehicles are not allowed on the streets after the show opens.
- During setup, nails or other anchors may not be placed in the street. Make alternative arrangements to secure your booth. Tent weights ARE required. Fairhope can be windy during this time of year.
- For the hour prior to the booth setup time of 6:00 PM, no vehicles or trailers will be allowed within the Festival area. Please, no unloading onto the sidewalks prior to 6 PM.
- All fire department safety lanes and rules will be observed and strictly enforced at all times. No generators are allowed in the show. Battery lighting is acceptable. No amplified music is permitted. Your booth, awning, chairs and all displays must be within your 10’ x 12’ space.
- The State of Alabama and Baldwin County require each exhibitor and vendor to purchase a transient license. The details are available from the Baldwin County License inspector at 251-990-4627. Each exhibitor is responsible for collecting Alabama State tax, Baldwin County tax, and the City of Fairhope taxes as required by law. Tax forms will be provided in the registration packets.
- The Annual Arts & Crafts Festival reserves the right to remove an artist from the show for conduct deemed unacceptable and/or detrimental to the mission and reputation of the Annual Fairhope Arts & Crafts Festival.
- Accepted artists who are not on the street and setting up by 8:00 AM Friday, March 17 2017, will forfeit their space and booth fee.
Single Booth Fee $300
Double Booth Fee $600
Jury Fee $35 (non-refundable) (Plus Late fee $50 after 9/25/16)
Prime Corner Fee $75 (Prime spaces for the 2017 show will be juried)
Booth Space: 10’ x 12’; Tent Size 10’ x 10’
Electricity is not available. Generators and amplified music are not allowed.
Number of Booth Spaces Available: 234
Number of Prime Booth Spaces Available: limited number available.
Booths are set up using a quad system. Your booth will have at least 2 sides open to the public. Every booth is a “corner” booth.
Registration begins at 3:30 PM on Thursday, March 16th at the Eastern Shore Chamber office in Downtown Fairhope. Accepted artists must be at registration with a photo ID and a completed registration form. Artists are to provide their own tents. More specific details concerning tent set-up and unloading will be provided in the acceptance packet.