BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Dania Beach Arts & Seafood Celebration 2017
Frost Park 300 Northeast 2nd Street
Dania Beach, Florida (South)
Event Dates: 4/8/17 - 4/9/17
Application Deadline: 3/31/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $15.00
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8TH. ALL NOTIFICATIONS WILL BE SENT OUT MONDAY, MARCH 13TH
Notification date will be through March 13, 2017. If you you are accepted, payment must be received by March 20, 2017 and should be paid online and is your agreement to exhibit. Do Not Pay Booth Fees in advance.
Ceramics or Clay
Original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, the artist must sign each piece. No machine-made or mass-produced work is permitted.
Drawing or Printmaking
Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayons, etc., or from a fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush. Printed works for which the artists hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Printmakers are required to disclose both their creative and printmaking processes. Digital art applicants may apply in this category.
Fiber and Leather
All work crafted from fibers, leather including basketry, embroidery, weaving, tapestry and papermaking. No machine-tooled, machine-screened patterns or miscellaneous forms of mass production are permitted. All factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artists, are not accepted in this category.
Glass works that are functional or decorative by design and are kiln formed or have been crafted by glass blowing, molding or casting. Works may be etched or engraved. No forms of mass production are permitted.
All jewelry, whether produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials. No commercial casts, molds or production studio work is allowed.
Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metals. No production studio work is allowed
Two and three-dimensional works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production. This includes non-sculpture work as determined by the artist.
Works created in oils, watercolors and/or acrylics.
Photographic prints made from artist’s original negative that have been processed either by the artist or under his/her direct supervision. Photographers are required to disclose both their creative and printing processes.
Three-dimensional original work done in any medium.
Original works that are hand tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved.
The marketing plan includes the following elements:
All artwork must be the original work of the displaying artist. No proxy exhibitors, commercial dealers or agents are permitted.
1. Reproductions of original paintings, pastels, drawings, collage or mixed media may be exhibited if they are limited editions, signed and numbered on the front of each piece.
2. Framed or unframed reproductions may be displayed in one browse bin. Reproduction pieces must be clearly marked as “Reproduction" or “Limited Edition Reproduction" on the front of each piece. Reproductions may not be in the same browse bin as originals. The browse bin must also be labeled “Reproductions".
3. Framed reproductions may be displayed in browse bins and/or hung on one wall of the booth, not to exceed ten (10) linear feet. All unframed reproductions must be displayed in browse bins.
4. No laser prints or color photocopies will be permitted.
5. No posters, t-shirts, calendars, cards/postcards or other personal merchandise that is a mass reproduction of an original piece of artwork will be permitted in exhibitor booths.
6. Artists must post an artist’s statement explaining the process and materials used in displayed works. Reproductions must also be disclosed in this statement.
FOUR images are to be submitted for each application entered by the artist. Three images must be of individual pieces of work. The fourth image, must be of a display of the artist's work, showing overall continuity and presentation of your current body of work. The fourth image is mandatory. If a booth image per se is not available, submit an image taken of a grouping of works representative of the works to be exhibited at the show. The purpose of the booth image is to ensure the artist has a complete body of work which is represented both in the first three images and also within the fourth image. It also helps identify the scale of the artist's work. Note: this is a blind jury process, please avoid submitting booth images with any identifiable sign, or photo of the artist themselves.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Each online application must be accompanied by a $15 credit card payment for the jury fee. This is a non-refundable jury fee. Applications will not be processed until jury fee is received. The jury fee will be deposited upon receipt. DO NOT Pay booth fees until you have been notified of your selection.
There will two locations to exhibit at two different prices ranges. $150.00 booth fee will be required on the street of the festival and $200.00 booth fee will be required inside the park area. Please refer to the attached site plan. Both areas will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis, based on application received dates. Notification date will be March 13, 2017. If you are accepted, payment must be received by March 20, 2017 and should be paid online and is your agreement to exhibit. Do Not Pay Booth Fees in advance.
FOR ACCEPTED ARTISTS- It is first-come, first-serve based on when the application is received when choosing an exhibit location. There are a limited number of park spaces available, once this area is full, all other artists will be placed at the street location. Double or corner booths, can be requested when sending in your agreement with payment. These special requests will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis as well. Payment for a corner booth must be made in a separate online transaction (Under: Corner Booth Fee).
REFUNDS- Exhibitors who do not show and do not cancel will not be re-invited.
No refunds will be processed.
- All exhibit spaces are on asphalt and grass and measure 11’ x 11’.
- Artists are to provide their own Tent/canopy booth, racks and/or tables in order to display their work in an outdoor environment.
- Booth and display must be constructed to withstand winds. Booths placed on a grass or paved surface may not anchor supports into the grass or pavement.
- Exhibitors should be prepared for inclement weather with rain covers, tie-downs and weights.
- Exhibitors will be held liable for any damages made by their tents.
- Each exhibitor is responsible for his/her own display in case of damage or loss.
- Artists desiring certain locations; asphalt, grass, corners or having any other specific space requests, will be assigned spaces on a first-come, first served basis from the date their application is received.
Jury Fee: $15 (Credit Card Only)
Street Booth Fee: $150 (Credit Card Only)
Park Booth Fee: $200 (Credit Card Only and is ONLY on Grass) MUST HAND CART EVERYTHING INTO PARK, NO VEHICLES ALLOWED.
Double Booth Fee: $300 Street and $400 Park (Credit Card Only)
Additional Fee for Corner Booth: $50 (Credit Card Only)
We want your time with us to be not only profitable, but also enjoyable. Artist acceptance packets will include all necessary forms for registration, select hotel and restaurant information, tent and equipment rental information, list of local hardware and grocery stores and maps of the City of Dania Beach and Festival Site. Artists who are accepted to the show will be sent information by e-mail prior to the show and a packet will be distributed at the Show.
-Artists are required to sign an Artist Agreement prior to setting up.
-Set up will begin Friday, April 7th from 9am to 5pm. Set up on Saturday, April 8th shall begin 8am - 10am and all vehicles must be off site by 10am.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|