BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Historic Pendleton Spring Jubilee 2017 - 40th Annual
The Village Green, 137 Exchange Street, Pendleton, S.C.
Pendleton, South Carolina (South)
Event Dates: 4/1/17 - 4/2/17
Application Deadline: 12/6/16 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $25.00
The 40th Annual Historic Pendleton Spring Jubilee is an award winning juried fine arts and crafts festival located in the Foothills of the South Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains. The festival provides an opportunity for professional artists and crafters to exhibit in a family-oriented environment in a beautiful historic setting. Excellent entertainment is provided throughout the festival and food vendors will serve everyone's favorites. Come celebrate Spring at Upstate South Carolina's Oldest juried arts and crafts festival!
Historic Pendleton Spring Jubilee is proud to join other major art festivals in ZAPP®, the online digital application system. Once an artist creates a profile and uploads images, application to multiple shows is just a click away.
You must include:
A. 4 images of your work – with NO person, sign, or business name or logo visible
B. 1 image of your booth display – with NO person, sign, or business name or logo visible
The Village Green, 137 Exchange Street, Downtown Pendleton, South Carolina. The Village Green in quaint, picturesque, historic Pendleton provides a unique and lovely location for artists and visitors.
If you are entering any type of jewelry (glass, metal, etc.) you must apply in the jewelry category.
If you are entering work in more than one category, you must submit six images for each category, as well as an application for each category. This requires a separate and distinct profile in ZAPP. You must also submit a non-refundable jury fee of $25.00 for each additional application. You must exhibit your qualifying work at the festival. For instance, if you submitted applications in both photography and 2D mixed media, but you were accepted for your photography work, you must exhibit your photography work in your booth at the festival. And, this qualifying work must be the majority of your booth set up. Because of space limitations, artists who DO qualify in multiple categories will be assigned only one booth space. Please consider this information as you decide whether you wish to submit applications in more than one category.
A panel of qualified art professionals will review submitted images. Acceptance will be determined by score and category to assure a balanced show. A minimum score-based waiting list will be maintained in each category with cancellations filled from the waiting list. Date of application will serve as a tiebreaker. You will receive notification by January 5, 2017 if you have been accepted as an exhibitor or are on the waiting list. Artists not qualifying for the show will also be notified by January 5, 2017.
The images you choose will be critical to your acceptance into the show and should focus on the style and techniques used. The jury has only your digital images with which to judge your work.
A. Submitted images should represent your entire price range of items.
B. You must submit four (4) images of your work – with NO person, sign, or business name or logo visible
C. You must submit one (1) image of your booth display – with NO person, sign, or business name or logo visible
D. The images submitted must be representative of at least 90% of your work. Jubilee staff will compare your images to the work displayed in your booth at the festival in order to maintain the quality of the show.
Exhibitors who work together in producing a particular type of work shall be regarded as joint exhibitors and need to submit only one application. To see if you qualify as a joint exhibitor, see “Festival Rule #3.”
Application Deadline: December 6, 2016 (Midnight Eastern Time)
Notifications emailed by: January 5, 2017
Booth Fee due by: January 26, 2017 (Midnight Eastern Time)
Last Day to Request a Refund: February 9, 2017 (*less a $40 processing fee)
Set Up Dates/Times:
Friday, March 31, 2017 after 6pm and no later than Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 9:30 am for booths on the street.
10am - 6pm -- Saturday, April 1, 2017
noon - 5pm -- Sunday, April 2, 2017
Live entertainment and food vendors will be provided throughout the event.Complimentary Services:
S.C. Sales Tax:
Awards: There will be cash awards for:
Last year’s cash award winners will automatically be invited to participate in the following year’s festival; however, all winners MUST complete an application and submit all images by the required deadline to be eligible.
Historic Pendleton Spring Jubilee is a family-oriented show for spectators of all ages. Work exhibited must be in keeping with the family atmosphere.
Please call the Spring Jubilee Coordinator at (864) 646-3782 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL, DESIGNED, EXECUTED AND PRESENTED BY THE APPLICANT/ARTIST AND OF PROFESSIONAL QUALITY. THESE GUIDELINES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. Our intention is to provide exhibits that are not displays of mass produced merchandise. Unacceptable items for exhibiting include, but are not limited to: kits, decoupage and similar items, food items, plants (except Bonsai), books, manufactured items, records, tapes, CDs, polished rocks, and works utilizing materials from endangered or protected species. Commercial prints of original art cannot exceed 50 percent of the artwork offered for sale. We reserve the right to cause any unacceptable work to be removed from any exhibit or to cause any exhibit to be removed which does not reflect standards and goals set forth by Festival officials. If you question whether any or all of your work is in compliance with these guidelines, you are advised to write or phone well in advance of the show. Ribbons won at any other art show or any previous Spring Jubilee cannot be displayed.
2. Persons who represent several artists are not eligible, nor are persons who represent a store or commercial business.
3. “Joint exhibitors” is defined as two individuals who ordinarily work together in producing a particular craft or form of art. Persons who represent several artisans are not eligible, nor are persons who represent a commercial business. Those who do qualify as joint exhibitors are eligible for cash awards. Family members who work independently of each other are not considered joint exhibitors. In this case each person must submit a separate application for jurying.
4. Each exhibitor must maintain a display of his/her work for the entire duration of Spring Jubilee and must be present during festival hours. Anyone failing to do so will forfeit any award money and may be excluded from future shows.
5. All items offered at Spring Jubilee must be approved by the Jury Committee. If, after inspection, the items offered at Spring Jubilee are different than those approved, artisans will be asked to remove the items or will be dismissed from Spring Jubilee.
6. Each booth display must be kept uncluttered and boxes covered. Table drapes should be neat, clean and attractive.
7. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited by ordinance of the Town of Pendleton. Violators are subject to fine and dismissal from Spring Jubilee.
8. Pets are strictly prohibited on the Village Green and around all artist booth spaces.
9. All accepted applicants must provide their own tents, which may not be larger than 10'x10'.
10. Any work that won a cash award at a previous Spring Jubilee is not eligible for judging. Those exhibiting jointly will be considered as one exhibit and will be subject to the same rules and guidelines as individual exhibitors.
11. Spring Jubilee will not be cancelled or postponed due to inclement weather.
Spring Jubilee officials reserve the right to make adjustments to these guidelines and to make other decisions in order to ensure a successful event and fairness to the exhibitors.
Whenever possible, requests for specific booth spaces will be considered by the Spring Jubilee staff. However, no fees for preferential placement will be accepted for Historic Pendleton Spring Jubilee 2017.
Double Booths - There are a limited number of double booths available, most of which are grandfathered. If you wish to purchase a double booth, you must contact the Spring Jubilee Coordinator for approval at (864) 646-3782 or E-mail: email@example.com
Event Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|