APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Alden B. Dow Museum Summer Art Fair 2017
1801 West St Andrews Road
Midland, Michigan (Midwest)
Phone: 989-631-5930 ext 1401
Show Dates: 6/3/17 - 6/4/17
Application Deadline: 4/16/17 Midnight EST
24 day(s) and 12 hour(s) remaining
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury fee): $35.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
The Alden B. Dow Museum of Science & Art continues the tradition. We are pleased to present the 51st Annual Summer Art Fair. Since its inception, the Summer Art Fair has held a long-standing tradition of excellence as a premier fine art and craft fair. It is held outdoors on the streets surrounding Midland Center for the Arts, a glorious art facility built in 1971 by noted architect Alden B. Dow, student of Frank Lloyd Wright. Midland is a community noted for its cultural awareness, appreciation, arts resources and artistic advocation. The city is the home and world headquarters to the Dow Chemical Company and Dow Corning Corporation. As such, its population is augmented by educated, affluent, corporate professionals and a diverse range of citizens.
Traditionally, the Summer Art Fair brings in thousands of visitors and is highly supported by the local community. In addition to approximately 125 artists, the Fair features stages with local musical entertainment, a Children's Corner with lots of art activities, artists demonstrations, and great food! Admission is free to the public. Proceeds from the Fair benefit museum exhibitions, art and science classes, workshops, outreach and other educational programs of Alden B. Dow Museum of Science & Art, a non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide a forum to engage the people of mid-Michigan in the constructive and creative expressions found in science and in art.
- The Alden B. Dow Museum of Science & Art Summer Art Fair is open to all artists who exhibit work of original concept, design and execution.
- All work must be the original creation of the applicant. Reproductions and giclee prints must be clearly and individually labeled as such and kept in a browse box, and limited to 25% of all work of the applicant.
- No work that has been made with commercial kits, molds, plans, prefabricated pieces or the work of mass production studios is allowed. The Fair Committee reserves the right to refuse exhibition of work not consistent with submitted images and/or these guidelines. Jewelers must be the designers and hands-on makers of their work. Purchased, facet cut gems may be used. Assembled, prefabricated jewelry is not allowed.
- Please note in image description if beads are hand-made by artist.
- Commercial prints of photographs using non-photographic methods such as 4-color printing or color copy machine are not allowed.
- Each artist is responsible for collection and payment of 6% Michigan sales tax.
- In the event you must cancel, please contact Emmy Mills, Art Fair Chair, directly at 989-631-5930 x. 1401. Cancellation before May 7, 2017 will receive a refund. NO REFUNDS after May 7, 2017.
A 12’ x 12’ open space is allocated to each exhibitor. Artists must provide all display equipment and weather protection. Notification of location will be posted on ZAPP website. Artists Registration packets will be distributed to the artists early Saturday, June 3rd by our Art Fair Hospitality Volunteers. Limited security is provided overnight. All spaces are located on the streets of St Andrews Road (which will be closed to Public traffic beginning midnight June 3 through Sunday, June 4th, 8pm), Michigan State Universityparking lot and the West half of the Alden B. & Vada Dow Library. All traffic on St Andrews Road during the Art Fair, is ONE way ONLY! Booth requests are honored whenever possible. Artists set-up times are between 6am-8am and are designated in order of their location. NOTE: NO Friday Set-up due to a performance.
Do not send fees until notification of acceptance
$175 - Alden B. Dow Museum Member
$195 - Non-Member
$325 - Double Booth (Member)
$365 - Double Booth (Non-Member)
The 20 top scoring artists will be invited to display at this year’s Holiday Art Fair (HAF) 2017 and next year’s Summer Art Fair (SAF) 2018 with a waiver of jury process. Award winners will be selected by a street jury on the basis of quality and originality of their work.
Best of Show: $1000 cash award plus waiver of HAF 2017 and SAF 2018 booth fees.
Second Place: $750 cash award plus waiver of HAF 2017 and SAF 2018 booth fees.
Third Place: $500 cash award plus waiver of HAF 2017 and SAF 2018 booth fees.
The jury process is anonymous. A new jury is selected each year comprised of artists, educators, museum professionals and Board representatives. This is a “blind” jury process which means jurors select the artists based solely on the images presented to them without knowledge of the artist name, artist location, or reference to additional information such as websites. Juror decisions are based 100% upon the equality of artwork portrayed in the images. Approximately 125 artists are accepted. Application deadline April 16, 2017.
SUMMER ART FAIR
POLICY AND PROCEDURE
The Alden B. Dow Museum of Science and Art and the Midland Center for the Arts presents the following guidelines with regard to policies and procedures in the event of adverse weather conditions during the Summer Art Fair. The existing general weather policy of the Summer Art Fair is that it will be held “rain or shine”.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW