BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Lake Mary Heathrow Festival of the Arts 2017
Lake Mary, Florida (South)
Show Dates: 3/4/17 - 3/5/17
Application Deadline: 2/16/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Non-refundable application fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
The 30th Annual Lake Mary Heathrow Festival of the Arts - a Premier Juried Fine Art and Fine Craft Festival
March 4 & 5, 2017
LOCATED AT OVAL PARK!! Between Daytona Beach and Orlando off I-4, take the Exit for Heathrow (West) to International Parkway, head south to the intersection of International Parkway and Business Center Drive and look for the signs. The venue features the sophistication and excitement of a cosmopolitan avenue while providing scholarships for graduating high school seniors aspiring to become artists!
BEST OF SHOW $2,000
TONY SENADOR AWARD $1,500
AWARD OF EXCELLENCE (2) - $1,000
AWARD OF DISTINCTION (7) - $500
JURORS CHOICE (2) - $1,000
Set-Up and check-in hours:Friday, March 3, 2017 – 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM (strictly adhered to)
Saturday, March 4, 2017 – 6:00 AM until 8:30 AM
(SEE RULES & REGULATIONS)
Festival Hours:Saturday, March 4, 2017 – 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM
Sunday, March 5, 2017 – 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM
ApplicationFee $30.00. You will be juried prior to being invited and eligible to make a booth payment.
Please send payment through ZAPP for each category entered: to include purchase of a single booth fee of $235.00 or a dounble booth fee of $470.00. Fees include: Booth space, Artist and one guest breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Artist and one guest reception Saturday evening, free link to your web site from the Lake Mary Heathrow Festival of the Arts web site.
Categories to be judged are as follows:
Paintings: Oils Acrylics & Watercolors
Photography & Digital
Non-competitive Craft Section:
This year we are including a non-competitve craft section in a separate area. You must pay a $30.00 non-refundable application fee and booth spaces are $125.00 per space. You will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance into this section but will NOT compete for any award monies.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. DEADLINE FOR ENTRY IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2017. ALL ENTRIES WILL BE JURIED. Entrants are required to submit a total of 4 images of their artwork, and one of their booth and display.. Artists may enter in more than one category, however, application, images and fees must be submitted for each category and a separate booth will be required. Artists must submit application, 5 imges, application fee $30.00, $235.00 Single Booth Fee or$465.00 double booth fee. EXHIBITED WORK MUST BE REPRESENTATIVE OF IMAGES SUBMITTED FOR JURY.
2. Award winners from the 2015 Lake Mary-Heathrow Festival of the Arts need not send photos if applying in the same category as the previous year's award. Only submit application fee $30.00, and booth fee.
3. All entrants will be notified of their acceptance or rejection no later than February 10, 2017. Once accepted, an artist is committed to the show. NO REFUNDS will be made due to cancellation by the Artist, inclement weather or other acts of man or nature that the Festival has no control over. Any risk and/or loss shall be borne by the exhibitor.
4. NO art supplies, picture frames, commercial photography, kits, commercial patterns, coin jewelry, or works cast in commercial molds, mass produced items, imports or buy/resell may be displayed or sold. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
5. Artist will be assigned 12’x12’ exhibit spaces. The Artist must stay within the allotted space. Tarps or awnings within the booth space must be properly dropped and secured during non-opening hours. Artists are required to use a substantial display that can withstand wind, crowds and rain. Water resistant coverings are highly recommended and if used, must include weights. Electricity and water will not be provided to any artist. No generators allowed. Bring your own sandbags or stakes.
6. All exhibitors must check in at Registration to obtain a booth ID card before they set up their exhibit. A booth identification card must be attached to the upper left front corner of the display space at all times during the show. Artist must provide booth frames, tents, and/or support structures. Booth assignments are at the sole discretion of the festival staff.
7. BOOTH SETUP time will be allowed on Friday before the festival from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M only. This will be the only time artists will be allowed vehicular access to their booth space to unload. Registration will close promptly at 4:00 PM – there will be NO ONE PRESENT for late registration. Saturday setup is allowed between 6:00 A.M. and 8:30 A.M. only. Minimal vehicular access will be permitted for Saturday set up hours. NO VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS WHILE THE FESTIVAL IS IN PROGRESS DUE TO SAFETY REGULATIONS. Artists will be allowed vehicular access to their booth space on Sunday after the festival ends in order to breakdown and load their art and displays.
8. SECURITY WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THE BOOTH SPACE ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. Nonetheless, LMHFOA cannot be held liable for any loss incurred by artists for any reason. Liability, property and casualty insurance is available. We strongly suggest that you investigate this if you do not already have it. If you do, please provide a copy to LMHFOA one week prior to the event.
9. WITHOUT EXCEPTION: ARTIST’S VEHICLES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON SITE FOR THE DURATION OF THE FESTIVAL AFTER 6:00 pm ON FRIDAY. County/City regulations prohibit overnight parking on the premises.
10. The Festival will not be cancelled or shortened due to inclement weather unless the City of Lake Mary declares a State of Emergency (i.e. hurricane, tornado, etc.). Any artist attempting to close up their booth space and/or remove artwork without Festival authorization risks relinquishing ALL rights to prize money and continued participation in the current and future festivals.
11. All artwork must be set up by 8:30 A.M. on Saturday and Sunday. Artists who are not set up in their spaces by 8:30 A.M. will lose their spaces to alternates. Cancellations must inform the Festival Committee on or before Friday, March 10, 2017. No show artists risk disqualification from participation in any future LMH Arts Festivals. Any person closing his/her space before 4:00 P.M. Sunday may also be disqualified from future shows.
12. ARTIST MUST BE PRESENT DURING ALL OPENING HOURS. No Stand-in Exhibitors, Dealers, Agents or Wholesalers. The Committee reserves the right to ask any exhibitor for identification. There will be only one artist permitted to exhibit in a space. All work must be attributed solely to the displaying artist. All works must be for sale or available for commission. NO DISPLAYS CONTAINING MANUFACTURED – BUY/RESELL ITEMS. NO IMPORTS.
13. Displays will be viewed by the Viewing Committee at intervals throughout the Festival. The viewing Committee shall have the sole discretion in requiring the removal of work that violates Festival rules. Artists violating Festival rules may be asked to close down his/her booth. In such cases, no refunds will be forthcoming and the artist shall have no recourse.
14. Collection of the 7% Sales Tax on all sales is the sole responsibility of each exhibitor.
15. Regulations prohibit pets on the Festival site. ABSOLUTELY NO PETS.
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|