BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Florida Mosaic: A Festival of the Arts 2017
Historic Downtown Kissimmee on Broadway
Kissimmee, Florida (South)
Show Dates: 4/8/17 - 4/9/17
Application Deadline: 3/4/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $30.00
FLORIDA MOSAIC: A Festival of the Arts
April 8-9, 2017
While the Festival focuses on visual art and the artists who create it, there also is a variety of other activities for patrons to enjoy. Live entertainment and kids art activities are provided for our Festival visitors.This outdoor festival is free and is in easy walking distance from the Lynx bus terminal. Two free parking garages are conveniently located near the Festival.
* 24-hour security
* Friday load in, beginning at 7pm. Easy load-in and load-out.
* Booth sitters are available upon request
* Heavily marketed in print, radio, television, and social media throughout Central Florida.
$15,000 in JURIED AWARDS*
(1) $1,500 BEST OF SHOW IN 2-D
(1) $1,500 BEST OF SHOW IN 3-D
(2) $1000 JUROR'S AWARDS
(10) $700 AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
APPLICATION and FEES
1. Complete application online at www.ZAPPLICATION.org.
2. Upload with the application: Hi-res images in jpg, tif or pdf formats of 1 booth image and 3 artwork images.
3. A nonrefundable fee of $30.00 for each application.
4. An exhibit fee of $220.00 for a 10’x10’ booth space, OR $375 for 10’x20’ booth space, OR $250 for a corner booth space is due upon acceptance. A limited number of double booths and corner booths may be approved upon availability. Booth requests are fulfilled on first paid, first served basis. No changes in booth assignment will be allowed without the approval of Osceola Arts.
NOTE: No refunds will be made for cancellations after March 13, 2017.
CATEGORIES ACCEPTED (10):
painting • pastels, graphics & drawing • photography • digital • clay & ceramics • jewelry • glass • sculpture, wood & metal • mixed media • fine craft
Painting: Two-dimensional works created with oils, acrylics, and/or watercolor.
Pastels, Graphics and Drawing: Original two-dimensional works created using traditional pastel, pencil, and/or charcoal drawings, printmaking methods including lithograph, blocks, and serigraph, etc.
Photography: Photographic prints created from artist’s original negatives that have been processed by the artist or under the supervision of the artist. Digital photography must be original photographs with minimal digital manipulation by the artist. All photographs must be original and signed.
Digital: Computer generated artwork which includes dramatically altered digital photography or use of program filters to artistically enhance photos. All digital artwork must be original and signed.
Clay & Ceramics: Original work created in clay or ceramic medium and may include additional embellishments.
Glass: Works made of glass, crafted by glass blowing, molding, casting or kiln-formed and stained glass.
Jewelry: Any jewelry HAND crafted from precious materials (gold, silver, gemstones, etc.) and/or non-precious materials (wood, clay, glass, etc.).
Sculpture, Wood & Metal: Original works in wood, metal or other materials that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved including bronze and other cast works.
Mixed Media: Original works of art constructed from multiple materials, found objects, etc. can be 2-D or 3-D.
Fine craft: must be original work including but not limited to fiber, carving, decorative painting, simple beaded jewelry and assemblage. NO templates or kits. (category titles may be altered due to lack of applicants at organizers discretion.)
GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS:
Reproductions of an artist’s one-of-a-kind original paintings, drawings, collage or mixed media may be exhibited subject to the following conditions:
Artisan and Craft Market
In an effort to raise awareness for Central Florida’s local artist leagues, artisans, and crafters, the Florida Mosaic: A Festival of the Arts will include a limited number of local vendors in a separate location on the same grounds. These vendors will not qualify for prize money or awards. Please visit www.floridamosaic.org for more information or call Marilyn Cortes-Lovato at 407-749-6607.
Booth Rules & Regulations:
1. Artists must tend their booth for the length of the show (Saturday, April 8 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. & Sunday, April 9 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
2. Sign in and set up begins Friday evening April 7 at 7:00 p.m. Artists must have all work unpacked and on display by 9:30 a.m. both days. NO EARLY breakdown of booths allowed.
3. Booth sitters will be provided upon request, early requests are encouraged (15–30 minutes per sitting).
4. No booth sharing permitted. Use of space is restricted to the artist(s) whose name appears on the application form. Artists must present I.D. upon arrival.
5. Each artist must provide a display unit that is weighted and suitable for outdoor use on a PAVED surface and is able to withstand weather conditions and crowds.
6. Fire resistant paperwork must be provided by vendors for 10x20 booth spaces.
7. The festival does not provide electricity.
8. The artist’s set up, including personal materials, must be contained within their allotted space. Artists are prohibited from using the sidewalks and merchant areas for storage or display of artwork.
9. Front facing canopies are prohibited per the Kissimmee Fire Department.
10. Artists are required to display official card bearing their name and booth number for the duration of the festival.
11. Each artist sells directly to the public and must individually comply and is responsible for collecting a 7% Florida State Sales Tax. Tax forms to be provided.
12.. Display of ribbons and awards from previous shows will not be permitted. Artists will be asked to remove items, which in the opinion of the festival committee, do not conform to the rules or are unsuitable. The decision of the committee is final. The booth rental fee will not be returned if this is deemed necessary.
13.. Your space is reserved when your payment clears. Deposited checks returned by the bank may void entry to the show.
14. The Festival reserves the right to request the removal of work that differs from the slides submitted, as well as any inappropriate work or display.
Event Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|