BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Wimberley Arts Fest 2017
Waters Point Resort
Wimberley, Texas (South)
Event Dates: 4/22/17 - 4/23/17
Application Deadline: 1/19/17 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
The Wimberley Arts Fest....More like a vacation then Work!!!
Notice: The Fest is now closed to Jewery Artists.
The Wimberley Arts Fest is a fine arts festival put on by Artists, for Artists. Sponsored by the Wimberley Valley Art League, it welcomes fine artists to the ninth annual Wimberley Arts Fest at The Waters Point Resort In that "Little Piece of Heaven" called Wimberley.
Located about 35 miles southwest of Austin in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Wimberley is a favorite weekend getaway and/or day trip location for art lovers from Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.
Wimberley Arts Fest in the beautiful Wimberley Vallery has become a real success. The Fest is organized and run by volunteers from the Wimberley Valley Art League and art loving members of the community. With no paid staff, all proceeds are dedicated to providing a high level of advertising, promotion, and operating expenses for the Fest while keeping the cost to our Artists at a minimum.
According to the exhibiting artists, the level of attention to detail…both in planning and in services for the artists….has been top notch. We hope you will join us in 2017 to experience this for yourself.
President, Wimberley Valley Art League
Located about 35 miles southwest of Austin in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, Wimberley is a favorite weekend getaway and/or day trip location for art lovers from Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. The
Waters Point Resort, located on the banks of the majestic Banco river, is the perfect backdrop for quality artwork to be viewed and purchased.
Artist's tents will be set up in a old pecan orchard with lots of shade, and ease of access for setup and take down.
• Length – Wimberley Arts Fest number 9 will be held on April 22nd, and April 23rd with exhibitor set-up from 10:00am to 7:00pm on the afternoon of April 21st and between 6:00am and 9:00am on the 22nd.
• Important Features – Security will be provided both nights, Friday and Saturday. An exhibitor hospitality cabin will provide coffee, hard bolied eggs, and pastries in the mornings and snacks and cold drinks during the day. After the Fest on Saturday night there will be a meet and greet party on the patio of the hospitality cabin with wine and food provided by the Wimberley Valley Art League.
REQUIREMENTS FOR JURY PROCESS
Jury Fee: $30 (Non-refundable)
Images for Jury: 4 (see details)
Application Deadline: December 15, 2016
• Hours: Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm; Sunday, 11 am to 5 pm; Friday set-up, 10am to 7pm
• Artist communication through ZAPPlication.org.
• A complete separate application must be submitted for each artwork medium
• Application/jury fee of $30 required for each medium is Non-refundable
• The 4th image submitted is to be of a booth display showing your current body of work. (If a booth image is not available, submit a photo of a grouping of your work, making clear you have a body of work, of the type to be displayed, large enough to adequately fill your display space.)
• This is a blind jury process…please ensure that your name or other identification does not show in your booth/display photo
• A panel of art professionals will jury the applications using a 1 - 7 scoring system.
RULES FOR ACCEPTED ARTISTS:
• TENTS: Only white tents will be allowed. Artists to provide panels, bins or tables within the booth space. Artists to provide for windy conditions with their own sand bags or other weights. No water barrels.
• IDENTIFICATION: Your name and booth number must be prominently displayed.
• WORK DISPLAYED: Must be original to and performed by the artist accepted. No purchased or commercial items.
• ATTENDANCE: Booths must be manned at all times during Fest hours by the artist or designated representative. Fest volunteers will be available where necessary to relieve booth-holders for brief periods.
• PAYMENT: Payment is due at the time application and when booth reservation is made, and may be submitted by credit card or PayPal, or by check/money order sent to:
• Wimberley Arts Fest
• PO Box 172
• Wimberley, Texas 78676
• Returned checks or credit cards with insufficient funds will be charged a $35 fee.
• REFUNDS: The Fest cannot make cash refunds. If booth cancellation is necessary and notice is given by April 1st, credit will be given toward a booth for the 2018 Arts Fest in lieu of a cash refund.
• SALES TAX: All exhibitors are required to have a current Texas Sales Tax permit and are responsible for collecting and reporting sales tax. Please have a copy of your permit available.
• BOOTH SET-UP AND BREAKDOWN: Exhibit set-up is Friday, April 21st, between 10:00am and 7:00pm and Saturday April 22nd, 6:00am to 9:00am. Vehicles may drive to the booth locations and are allowed one hour to unload before parking in the designated parking area. Final “touches” to exhibits are allowed on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and must be complete by 9:00 am.
• COLLABORATIVE WORK: Collaborative work is limited to two artists, and information for both must appear on the application with both signatures.
CATEGORIES of ARTWORK
Media categories are considered in organizing artists images for the jury process and in arranging a balanced show of fine arts there are no specific quotas by category. All work must be produced by the artist; no commercially or mass produced work is allowed.
• CERAMICS: All work must be signed by the artist, including multiple pieces of the same design.
• DIGITAL ART: Original work manipulated through use of a computer. All work must be numbered and signed by the artist.
• DRAWINGS: Produced using dry media or through the application of inks or washes.
• FIBER: Includes all work using fibers, including handmade papers, fabrics, basketwork. No mass produced items or factory produced wearable items are allowed even if modified by the artist.
• GLASS: Must be produced by the artist.
• JEWELRY: All jewelry, regardless of medium or type, is to be entered in this category. No commercially produced work is allowed.
• METALWORK: Non-sculpture, non-jewelry work is in this category.
• MIXED MEDIA: Work produced using more than one type of media.
• PAINTING: Oils, acrylics and watercolors
• PHOTOGRAPHY: Prints made from the artist’s original image(s)
• PRINTMAKING: Printed works from plates, stones, etc. directly prepared by the artist and printed by or under the direct supervision of the artist. No photographic or photocopy work will be accepted. All work must be limited edition signed by the artist.
• SCULPTURE: Three dimensional work in any medium. Must be visible from all sides.
• WOOD: Original works in wood produced completely by the artist.
• Begin accepting applications: September 1, 2016
• Deadline for applications: December 15, 2016
• Jury period: December 1 – December 9, 2016
• Invitations to Participate and Wait List Notication: (by email) December 5-17, 2016
• Deadline to accept: January 15, 2017
• Final booth space payment deadline: February15, 2017
BOOTH SPACE SIZES & PRICES
Standard booth: 10’ x 10’ - $300
Double booth: 10’ x 20’ - $550
Corner booth: Add $75
Stand alone site: Add $150
A limited number of Tents 10x10 w/sides, setup and take down: $150
Booth assignment notification will be posted on the web.
Check in and set up: Friday, April 21st from 10:00am to 7:00 pm
Saturday, April 22nd from 6:00 am to 9:00 am
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT WIMBERLEY AND THE ARTS FEST:
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|