BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Ann Arbor's South University Art Fair 2017
City Streets, South University Area
Ann Arbor, Michigan (Midwest)
Show Dates: 7/20/17 - 7/23/17
Application Deadline: 2/28/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Non-Refundable): $50.00
Maggie Ladd, Art Fair Director
P.O. Box 4525
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-4525
Location, Booth Fees and Amenities
Rated The #1 Art Fair in Michigan, #2 in the Midwest and #7 Nationally by Sunshine Artist magazine, Ann Arbor's South University Art Fair is situated in the heart of the South University Area.
Layout improvements such as extending to State Street, making the Fairs contiguous, storage space, double booths and additional corners are sure to appeal to artists and audience alike. There will be approximately 200 booths. All artists must supply their own booth structures. 10'x10' booths are $700, 10'x10' corner booths are $800 and 20'x10' booths are between $1400 and $1600. While every effort is made to honor specific booth requests, assignments are made on the basis of availability. All booths must be 10'x10', white with white tent walls, and constructed of fire retardant material.
The South University Area Association strives to provide their artists with all that is needed for a successful and enjoyable event. Accordingly, in addition to our excellent location, we provide extensive amenities to make this location your favorite. Amenities include, but are not limited to:
* Catered artists' welcome reception.
* Booth-sitting service.
* Assistance with accommodations.
* Artists Lounge
$50 non refundable application fee is due immediately. Please do not upload your images without completing payment.
* Complete all parts of the application/ registration form including image descriptions.
* Include five images only per category, four of your work and one of your booth with work displayed.
* If you are applying in two categories, please submit two sets of images, two jury fees and an application
for each entry.
* If paying by check, make checks payable to: South University Area Association.
Mail to: South University Area Association P.O. Box 4525, Ann Arbor, MI 48106-4525.
* Indicate your booth preference, however do NOT pay booth fee until you are notified of acceptance.
* Agree to the general release statement.
*$100 deposit is due Nov 30,2016.
*Mail check or submit payment through ZAPP for the remaining $600.00 booth fee by January 12, 2017.
* If you have requested a double booth or corner space, do not send payment for additional booth fees at this time. If we are able to accommodate your request a final bill will be sent in April.
* If paying by check, make checks payable to: South University Area Association. Mail to: South University Area Association P.O. Box 4525, Ann Arbor, MI 48106-4525.
* If you wish to be juried in an additional category, please follow instructions for new artists. Please note that although you may exhibit in more than one medium, you may be assigned only one space.
Applications close January 19, 2017
Jurying takes place in February and results are available through ZAPP by March 1, 2017.
*March 15, 2017- $700 deposit check due. In the event space does become available, artists will be notified and the $700 check deposit will be cashed.
RULES AND STANDARDS
In an effort to provide the highest quality show possible, all art work exhibited must be original work, done by the artist. NO work from molds, kits or commercial methods is allowed.
* Reproductions: Artists juried in the painting/ drawing categories will be allowed to sell reproductions of their original work in limited, signed and numbered editions. Editions of a single work may not exceed 250. Reproductions must be archival, the same size or smaller than the original work, be matted but not framed and displayed in a clearly marked print bin no larger than 18"x48". The Fair committee requires each artist to provide them with a detailed description of their reproduction process. All reproduction bins must be clearly marked. Only one reproduction bin per 10'x10' booth space will be allowed. This will be strictly enforced.
* If you handcraft the plates, stone or screen, the printed result is considered an Original Multiple, to be properly registered, signed and numbered. Editions of a single work must not exceed 250 and must be signed and numbered by the artist.
* Photographers shall make prints from the original negatives, processed by themselves. All photographs must be signed and numbered by the artist in limited edition, not to exceed 250.
* All paintings, watercolors, drawings, prints and photographs must be framed or matted and displayed in suitable portfolio or stand.
* Functional ceramics is considered a "fine craft", therefore multiples of essentially the same items such as bowls, cups, plates and tiles may be exhibited.
* Jewelers shall not use any commercially fabricated forms or settings. Only artists accepted in the jewelry category may display and sell jewelry.
* Leatherworks shall not be crafted using machine tooling, machine-screened patterns or other forms of mass production.
* Artists must represent their own work and be present the entire four days of the Fair. No agents allowed. This means you can only exhibit in one of the Ann Arbor Art Fairs.
Cancellation Policy / Refunds
* In the event you must cancel, please notify us immediately by calling our office at (734) 663-5300.
* You are also required to put your cancellation in writing and send or email it to: South University Area Association, PO Box 4525, Ann Arbor, MI 48106-4525 / email@example.com
* If the cancellation is made before April 1st, 2017, your booth fee will be refunded minus a $100 administration fee.
* There are no refunds or cancellations after April 1st, 2017.
*Submitting an application is a commitment to Fair Rules and General Terms and Conditions.
There will be approximately 200 booths. All artists must supply their own fire retardant booth structures with weights. There are inside, corner and double booths available. 10'x10' booths are $700, 10'x10' corner booths are $800 and 20'x10' booths are between $1400 and $1600. While every effort is made to honor specific booth requests, assignments are made on the basis of availability. All booths must be 10'x10', white with white tent walls, and constructed of fire retardant material.
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|