BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Snake Alley Art Fair 2017
Heritage Hill Historic District
Burlington, Iowa (Midwest)
Event Dates: 6/18/17 - 6/18/17
Application Deadline: 4/2/17 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $15.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
Art Center of Burlington presents its 50th Annual Snake Alley Art Fair on June 18, 2017 from 9AM-4PM.
A celebration of creativity and community, this day long fine arts fair is the largest event of its kind in the region since 1967. Taking place on historic Snake Alley — "The Crookedest Street in the World!" — and in the leafy Heritage Hill neighborhood of a Mississippi River town, this community event features over 70 art exhibitors, as well as live music, family activities, and the best food vendors.
In keeping with long-standing tradition, the Snake Alley Art Fair coincides not only with Father’s Day, but also with the final day of the Steamboat Days American Music Festival on Burlington’s Mississippi riverfront, bringing thousands of additional visitors to the area. Iowa's typically beautiful June weather makes this Father's Day event a festive celebration.
* January 16, 2017 - Date artists may begin submitting applications on ZAPP
* April 2, 2017 - Application deadline (we cannot extend this deadline)
* April 10, 2017 - Date by which artists will be notified if they have been accepted
* April 21, 2017 - Deadline for artists to accept or decline invitation to participate
* April 28, 2017 - Booth Fee due
* May 12, 2017 - Full refund request deadline
• Fiber / Fabric
• Handmade Crafts
• Mixed Media
• Painting / Drawing
Artists may apply in more than one category.
Complimentary breakfast and coffee for artists provided by Dunn Brothers Coffee.
Complimentary water and snacks delivered throughout the day.
Professionally judged with ribbon and cash awards.
APPLICATION MATERIALS & PAYMENT
All artists must submit a completed application online and on time.
Please gather the following information before beginning your application:
•All artwork must be original work of the individual displaying it.
• Only original artwork is allowed.
ARTWORK NOT ELIGIBLE:
• Ceramics made from commercial molds
• Commercially fabricated jewelry
• Items from kits
• Copies of others' paintings
The SAAF committee reserves the right to remove works or exhibitors not in compliance with rules or that is not consistent with the submitted images and the rules listed above. Failure to comply will result in immediate removal from the festival with no refund.
Artists retain 100% of their sales and are responsible for the collection and reporting of all applicable sales taxes. All sales are subject to a 7% sales tax – a 6% State of Iowa sales tax and a 1% local-option tax.
Artists may only exhibit and sell work in the media category for which they are accepted. Artists may not exhibit or sell work by other artists.
APPLICATION FEE $15
Booth spaces are 10 feet deep x 12 feet wide.
• $100 booth space fee for exhibitors who are Art Center members
• $115 booth space fee for exhibitors who are not Art Center members
SET-UP & DISPLAY
• Exhibitors may set-up between 6am and 8:30am the morning of the Fair. Artists will be able to unload near their booth during set-up and tear down. We depend upon artists’ cooperation to keep traffic moving. We ask that upon arrival at your booth location you unpack then move your vehicle before you start set-up. The Fair is open to the public from 9am-4pm. Artists must be present at their booths during these times.
• Artists must provide their own display materials. Canopies are highly recommended but cannot be staked. Electricity is not available.
• The SAAF committee assigns booth spaces based on various factors including: returning vendors, category type, surface/shade requirements, special requests, and the Art Center’s discretion. Layout will be slightly different from previous years.
• Two adjacent booth spaces may be assigned but the exhibitor will pay two booth fees.
• Spaces consist of a variety of natural circumstances including: sun/shade/partial shade, flat/slight incline, and on cement.
• SAAF is open rain or shine.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|