BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Omaha Summer Arts Festival 2017 - 43rd Annual
Downtown Omaha on Farnam Street from 10th to 15th Street
Omaha, Nebraska (Midwest)
Phone: (402) 345-5401 Ext. 104
Event Dates: 6/9/17 - 6/11/17
Application Deadline: 2/6/17 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 4 applications for this show.
Named one of “The Top 100 Fine Art Fairs” by Sunshine Artist Magazine in 2016 and one of the "Top 20 Can't-Miss Summer Festivals" by Smithsonian.com in 2014, the Omaha Summer Arts Festival is one of the finest in the Midwest. Attracting more than 80,000 patrons from throughout the region.
This professionally managed arts festival features 135-juried artists from across the country exhibiting and selling their fine art and contemporary crafts in 14 media categories.
The mission of the Omaha Summer Arts Festival is to present a variety of high-quality arts programs and exhibits in downtown Omaha for the general public to enjoy and appreciate. Our artists enjoy exceptional amenities including an Artist Concierge, experienced booth sitters, artwork delivery service, air-conditioned lounge with artist-only restrooms, complimentary snacks, beverages and box lunches, an Artist Awards Breakfast with cash awards, chair massages by appointment and much, much more…
Summer Arts Festival Important Dates
January 1, 2017
Invited artists must confirm their invitation on ZAPP and pay booth fees in full by midnight CST.
January 31, 2017
Application Deadline - Jury fee must be submitted by midnight CST
February 15, 2017
Notifications mailed and posted online
March 15, 2017
Deadline to accept show invitation
March 31, 2017
Deadline to submit booth payment
May 01, 2017
Cancellation deadline for refund; less a $50 processing fee
Thursday, June 08, 2017
Set-up for show
Friday, June 09, 2017
Artists' Market open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Artists' Market open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Artists' Market open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Downtown Omaha – Farnam Street from 10th to 15th Street. This location mixes the sophistication of the downtown Omaha skyline with the relaxing feel of the Gene Leahy park and lagoon. Enjoy trees, shade and waterfalls right in the middle of downtown Omaha.
Booth Fees/Acceptance of Offer to Exhibit:
An artist who is selected by the jury and accepts the invitation to exhibit, must submit their booth fee of either $350 for a middle booth or $425 for a corner (see Booth Space below for booth descriptions) to the Omaha Summer Arts Festival by March 15, 2017. Failure to respond by the deadline will result in withdrawal of invitation to participate and exhibit space will be filled by an alternate from the artist waitlist.
A single booth has one (1) selling side (a 10’ section across the front; booths abutting on both sides and 2’ of storage space along the back of the booth).
A corner booth has two (2) selling sides (a 10’ section across the front and one side; booth abutting on one side and 2’ of storage space along the back of the booth).
The event takes place on a paved surface, which does not allow for anchoring of any supports into the ground. Structures should be built to withstand gusty winds. Sandbags and/or other appropriate equipment is required to ensure the stability of displays. The Festival provides free sandbags that are first come, first served. Any artist with a hazardous display will be required to close and will forfeit his/her registration fee. The Festival prohibits the use of EZ Up tents as they have proven to fail during potential high winds.
Corner availability is limited and we may not be able to fulfill all corner requests. No screens, paneling or products may be placed in aisles between corner booths.
Electricity is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Electricity must be ordered in advance and is $85 per duplex. We will not be able to accommodate on-site requests. Generators are prohibited. One duplex provides 20 amps, 110v.
A maximum of 135 artists will exhibit at the 2017 Omaha Summer Arts Festival. Approximately 50% of the artists have been invited back from the 2016 show based on their onsite jury score. The remaining spaces will be filled by a jury panel that will consist of up to four professionals with evaluating experience and one peer juror. The jury will use the following standards to guide their decisions in filling the available spaces:
• Work is original and made by hand;
• Work is produced in quantity or as an individual piece;
• Work is well-conceived, expertly executed without technical faults; and,
• Work shows originality of design
Images are considered on the merits of the work pictured. Images are reviewed by the panel simultaneously using individual laptops. All of the laptops will be color calibrated just prior to the jury. The artists' statement, price range, process, materials used and dimensions will be available to the jury panel to aid in the scoring process.
The Omaha Summer Arts Festival will notify all applicants whether accepted, rejected or on the waiting list. Scores will be given upon request.
Images for Jury:
Please submit four (4) images. Three of the images must be of individual pieces of work and one (1) image must be of your current display booth. Images must portray work that is current, original and representative of the work you would actually display and sell on-site at the Festival.
The purpose of the booth image is to ensure the artist has a complete body of work which is accurately represented in the first three images. It also helps identify the scale of the artist's work. This is a blind jury process, please avoid submitting booth images with any identifiable signage or a photo of the artist themselves.
The same panel of judges will conduct an on-site jury on Friday, June 9th. Cash awards will be presented to Best of Show, 2nd and 3rd place as well as ten merit award winners. The presentation will take place at the Artists' Awards Breakfast on Saturday, June 10, 2017.
Artist Concierge Services & Amenities:
• Discount hotel rates
• Artist Concierge Hotline
• Complimentary box lunch on Friday
• Awards breakfast on Saturday
• Continental breakfast on Sunday
• Air-conditioned lounge
• Complimentary snacks and beverages
• Artist-only indoor restroom facilities
• Experienced booth sitters
• Artwork delivery service
• Water delivery
• Overnight indoor storage
• 24-hour security by off-duty Omaha Police Officers
• Electricity available - Limited
Each artist is responsible for collecting and paying Nebraska sales tax. Tax forms will be issued in the on-site artist packet. It is the responsibility of each artist to return payment to the Nebraska Tax Revenue Service.
• Ceramic: original clay work, excludes jewelry
• Drawing: two-dimensional works in pencil, chalk, pastel, charcoal, pen and/or ink
• Fiber: work crafted from fiber including fabric and paper, excludes jewelry
• Glass: works made of glass that gave been crafted by glass blowing, molding, casting or kiln-forming, excludes jewelry
• Jewelry: metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials are accepted
• Leather: any work crafted from leather, excludes jewelry
• Metal: work crafted from metal, excludes jewelry
• Mixed Media 2D and 3D: single works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production (ceramic/fiber; wood/metal etc.), excludes jewelry
• Painting: two-dimensional works in paint including acrylic, oil, watercolor, etc.
• Photography: photographic prints created from the artist’s original negatives that have been processed by the artist or under direct supervision of the artist
• Printmaking / Graphics: original works created using traditional printmaking methods including lithograph, block, serigraph, etc. as well as computer generated art
• Sculpture: three-dimensional original work created in any medium, excludes jewelry
• Wood: original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved, excludes jewelry
All cancellations must be made in writing and postmarked on or before May 1, 2017. Any accepted artist who cancels from the show prior to May 1, 2017, will be entitled to a refund, less a $50 processing fee, provided the space is filled by another accepted artist. Absolutely no refunds will be made for cancellations postmarked or received electronically after May 1, 2017.
Please note, no refunds will be made to any artist who withdrawals until after the final cancellation deadline of 11:59 PM CST May 1, 2017.
Telephone number: (402) 345-5401 ext. 104
Fax number: (402) 342-4114
Omaha Summer Arts Festival
P.O. Box 31036
Omaha, NE 68131
1) The registered artist must be present all three days of the show. No commercial agents, dealers, or salespeople may operate the artist’s booth. Collaborations/partnerships are permitted, however both artists must be listed on the application.
2) Applicant photo ID is required for verification at registration.
3) All work must be the original work of the accepted artist. No artwork from molds, kits or other commercial methods is allowed. If the originality of an artist's work is questioned, the Festival reserves the right to require said artist to provide proof of process which may include: photography, drawings, material samples, invoices, etc. All submitted proof is for Festival use only and will remain confidential.
4) Artists may exhibit artwork only in the category in which they are juried and accepted. Please note, artists who specialize in more than one category and wish to exhibit in more than one category, must submit separate applications for each medium.
5) All work displayed must be for sale.
6) Limited edition prints are accepted in editions of 500 or less, provided each print is individually signed and numbered.
7) All developing and printing of photographs must be made from the artist’s original negatives and under the artist’s direct supervision.
8) To participate in the Festival each artist must provide a brief Artist Statement of 100 words or less, describing their style, process and/or creative vision.
9) Exhibitors may NOT sell promotional items such as t-shirts, pillows, calendars, notecards, postcards, compact discs, etc. The sale of non-original promotional items is prohibited.
10) Sandbags and/or other appropriate equipment is required to ensure the stability of all displays. Any artist with a hazardous display will be required to close and will forfeit his/her registration fee.
11) Exhibitors are responsible for providing proper insurance for all of their personal property, including their artwork and display. The Omaha Summer Arts Festival will not be responsible for damage to work or displays due to weather or unrelated incidents.
12) Artists are not permitted to have any pets or unattended children on the Festival site.
13) Generators are prohibited.
14) No amplified music is allowed in artist booths.
15) No displays can be set outside the front of booth or in walkways between booths.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|