Ridgway Rendezvous Art & Craft Festival 2017 - 33rd Annual
Historic Town Park in Downtown Ridgway: the “San Juan Scenic Byway”
Ridgway, Colorado (West)
Show Dates: 8/12/17 - 8/13/17
Application Deadline: 3/23/17 Midnight MST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury & Application Fee ): $45.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
The 33rd Annual Ridgway Rendezvous Art & Craft Festival
This year marks the 33rd year anniversary of the Ridgway Rendezvous Art & Craft Festival. Hosted by Weehawken Creative Arts this is a juried show with a commitment to beautiful artwork, quality, and unique handmade items not easily found in our region. The Ridgway Rendezvous is hailed by many of our regular participants as “one of their best shows of the year.” Affluent clientele includes local and regional art collectors, second home owners and vacationers from all over the United States. It is also a merchandise trade show for shop owners scouting for new handcrafted product lines.
Historic Downtown Ridgway "Hartwell" Town Park in downtown Ridgway Colorado a picturesque setting. It is located at the junction of Highways 550 and 62 along the “San Juan Scenic Byway” in South West Colorado.
"You take wonderful care of the vendors – we felt welcomed & loved all the water, treats, etc. Thank You!!! Please continue to advertise- great job!” 2016 Artist
The 33rd Annual Ridgway Rendezvous Art & Craft Festival
“We thought the Ridgway Rendezvous and your staff carried out the Festival at its best. Keep it all. Everything worked perfectly. It did for us.” 2016 Artist
What makes Ridgway Rendezvous Special?
Friday, August 11, 2017
- Run by an arts organization for artists
- Extensive advertising
- Qualified buyers
- Corner booths for everyone
- Historic park & breathtaking mountains
- Friday set up
- Family friendly & kid area
- Dog friendly
- No admission fee
- Live music
- All proceeds for children’s art programs
Set up & Check in from 12 Noon—6 pm
Saturday, August 12, 2017
Set up & Check in from 6 am—9 am
Show is Open to the Public 9am—5 pm
ARTIST RECEPTION AND AWARDS @ 5:30 pm
Sunday, August 13, 2017
Show is Open to the Public 10 am—5 pm
Take Down from 5 pm—8pm
"I kept hearing the advertisements for the Rendezvous on the radio this week when I was in my studio!" 2013-2016 Artist
Brought to you by Weehawken Creative Arts
“Well organized! Kept the awards ceremony short and sweet! Probably part of the reason why it is so well attended. The staff and volunteers were AWESOME! The customers were art savvy and super nice! Not something you see often on the summer art circuit; )” 2015 Artist
- Weehawken Creative Arts is a 501c3 Non-Profit Organization
- Weehawken Creative Arts provides high-quality adult & children art programs
- Programs located in Ouray, Ridgway, Silverton & Montrose
- All proceeds go to Weehawken Creative Arts children's arts programs & scholarships
Jury into the Festival:
- Jury Members consists of professional artists, craftspeople, a Weehawken Board Member, affluent buyers, collectors, local store owners
- Every year the jury changes
- Previous year award winners are invited back by special invitation for the next year
Specific Medium Categories:
- Bath Products & Candles: Must be hand-made and of high quality
- Ceramics: Original clay and porcelain work OTHER THAN jewelry
- Drawing & Graphics: Works created using a dry media (chalk, charcoal, pencil, pastel, etc.) or a fluid medium of inks and washes
- Fiber Arts: Includes basketry, embroidery, leatherwork, weaving, tapestry and papermaking.
- Glass: All handmade glass OTHER THAN jewelry
- Gourmet: Homemade, pre-packed food items intended for home consumption off-site and/or gift giving. (Samples must be sent to jury)
- Jewelry: ANY & ALL JEWELRY, regardless of clay, metal, paper, plastic, glass or fiber components, must be entered in this category. No commercial casts, molds or mass produced items will be considered. Note: If you have jewelry plus another medium both must be chosen on an application.
- Metal: Includes all non-sculptural works crafted from metal OTHER THAN jewelry
- Mixed Media: Both 2 and 3-dimensional works that incorporate more than one type of physical material.
- Oil Painting: Oil Based
- Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist's original image.
- Sculpture: 3-dimensional original sculptures done in any medium.
- Water Painting: Water Based: acrylic, watercolor, pastels, etc.
- Wearable Art: Handmade hats, belts, clothing of any kind should apply in this category. No mass produced items will be accepted, regardless of embellishments.
- Wood: Original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine worked, turned or carved.
What do I need to apply?
- Description of material and technique
- Description of your work & price range
- Biography of yourself
- Special requirements & booth requests
- Vehicle license plate number, model & color
- 4 images of work
- Make your photos clear, cropped close to your work & professional
- Only one piece of work per photo
- 1 booth shot
- You will be disqualified if you do not have a booth shot
- If you have questions please Google “booth shot” and medium, set up your booth at home to photograph it.
- This is your store so make it look professional
- Any artist or craftsperson exhibiting his or her own original works
- Handmade & handcrafted items ONLY
- Any manufactured items or mass produced items not limited to: ceramics cast from commercial molds, promotional postcards, books, decoupage, kits, imported, resale or mass produced items, silk-screened T-shirts, decorated or painted t-shirts & clothing, corporate produced gourmet products
- Buy / Sell
- Jewelry: No commercial casts, molds or mass produced items
- Any extra medium the jury has not approved
- No booth shot
- If a category is full
Any exhibitor whose work does not meet these standards will be required to withdraw without refund
Wait List Policy:
- If a category is full, there may be a wait list. If you are placed on the wait list you may pull yourself off of the wait list at any time.
- You may be asked to participate in our Festival up until the week of our show, You will be notified by email or phone call about wait list status.
- Judges consists of professional artists, craftspeople, Weehawken Board Members, affluent buyers, collectors and volunteers
- Each medium is separate and each judge is given a medium according to their qualifications and knowledge; The first place winners are judged again for the top tier trophies
- Trophies for Best in Show, Mayor's Choice (which may include Best Demonstration), Best Booth Display, Best Fine Artist
- Ribbons for First, Second & Third Place in each Medium
- As an award winner, you may be automatically invited back for our festival next year
“Since this was my first rendezvous event I was surprised to find that artist's work were secretly judged and announced at the awards reception. It was enjoyed & brought some added pride to the festival! Definitely a keeper!” 2016 Artist
Meet our Directors:
Kentee's eighth year as the Ridgway Rendezvous Festival’s Director. You will discover that this is a fantastic festival run by an artist, not a promoter. A degree in Fine Arts and Recreation Administration from the University of Northern Colorado blend the artist and the director position perfectly. Kentee is a professional fine artist focusing on oil paintings and resume includes Sunshine Artist's top 100 Art & Craft Festivals.
Ashley King-Grambley, Executive Director of Weehawken Creative Arts
Ashley has been working non-profits for over 16 years and has specialized in arts non-profit management. In addition to her role as Executive Director of Weehawken, she also serves as the Executive Director of the Sherbino Theater and is actively involved on the Board of the Ridgway Creative District, Space to Create Ridgway and the Alpenglow Arts Alliance. Ashley has also been an active consultant for the Colorado Creative Industry’s PAN network since 2006 and has assisted several arts organizations across the state in their development and planning processes. Ashley started as an events coordinator and manager from 1994 until 2000. Though Ashley’s primary role on a day-to-day basis is to run the administrative and marketing functions of Weehawken Creative Arts and the Sherbino Theater, she is quite familiar with arts festival planning and works with staff and volunteers as a guiding force. The 2017 Ridgway Rendezvous will be Ashley’s 30th festival featuring juried vendors.
- Parking: Exhibitors MUST abide by the show parking regulations: Park during show hours in the provided vendor parking lot
- Weather: The location is in the mountains and outside be prepared for any type of conditions including the wind. There are no rain (or snow!) dates & no refunds because of inclement weather
- Check In & Set Up: No Cars on the Lawn, period Check in at the Gazebo before setting up Friday noon to 6 pm or Saturday 6 am to 9 am
- Sales Tax: Bring your checkbook: all vendors must collect Town of Ridgway and State of Colorado Tax
- Pets: Dogs are allowed and must be leashed. All vendor pets must be leashed and/or kenneled and must not impact neighbors and/or patrons in any way
- Giclee & Prints: Limited number of professional giclees, prints & other reproduced work accepted, however, the majority of the work must be originals.
- Security: The park is monitored overnight Friday and Saturday, however, Ridgway Rendezvous, its affiliates, Directors, Staff, Volunteers and Town of Ridgway are not responsible for any loss or damage incurred.
- Take Down: Start taking down after 5 pm on Sunday
- Booth Sizes: Single 10'x10' and Double 10'x20'
- Booth Requirements: Booths must be free-standing, Tents must be properly weighted (at least 50lb per leg) and staked, Tents encouraged with weather conditions and white tent tops preferred, no tents or tables provided, shade is NOT guaranteed, tablecloths MUST reach the ground, all mediums must be juried
- Booth Locations: ALL booths are outside, corner booths, location requests may be made at the time of application, requests are NOT guaranteed, booth location assignments are NOT negotiable and no changes shall be made at registration or during the festival, trust us to place you in your best selling location.
- Fees Due with Application: Jury & Application Fee: $45
- Fees: Due upon Acceptance: 10'x10' Booth Fee: $250, 10'x20' Booth Fee: $500, Choice Electricity Fee (limited spaces & ONLY if your have to have it): $50