BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Downingtown Fine Arts Festival 2017
202 East Lancaster Avenue
Downingtown, Pennsylvania (Northeast)
Show Dates: 5/27/17 - 5/28/17
Application Deadline: 2/20/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 4 applications for this show.
The third Downingtown Fine Arts Festival will be held on Main Street, right in the middle of the business and restaurant district. The 2016 event saw a large jump in attendance, and many exhibitors reported having a successful show. The show directors and the Downingtown Main Street Association have gathered some valuable information to improve upon the event for 2017.
Chester County is the highest-income county in Pennsylvania, and 24th highest in the nation as measured by median household income. West Chester and Downingtown have cultivated a vibrant arts scene with galleries and many local artists gaining national exposure through the different art organizations as well as affiliation with West Chester University.
The Downingtown Fine Arts Festival is designed for artists who create and execute original, professional quality work. All work displayed MUST be produced by the exhibiting artist or two person team collaboration and MUST be consistent with the images submitted. All artists must be in attendance throughout the show.
Marketing strategy for the festival includes extensive pre-event mass media advertising, including print media and an extensive internet presence and social media updates. The show website will feature and showcase each and every participating artist including images, information and links to the artists’ websites.
• Any artwork, excluding photographs, that is produced by any mechanical means, i.e., giclees, photo-offset, or any other reproduction technique must be labeled a “REPRODUCTION” and placed in browse bins. Framed reproductions may be hung on only one wall of the booth not to exceed 10 linear feet and they must be labeled as reproductions.
• Multiple employee studios engaged in production work are not eligible to participate.
• Absolutely no buy-sell. No merchandise such as coffee cups, note cards, calendars, or other items mass produced from an original piece of artwork will be permitted.
• Items made using commercial molds or patterns and hobby crafts are ineligible.
• While the show does include categories for glass and metal, this festival will feature fine art and non-functional craft only. The only exception to this will be jewelry.
• All work shown must be for sale.
Artists violating the rules of this show or who fail to cooperate with the Downingtown Fine Arts Festival and David Oleski Events will not be permitted to exhibit. The show will be monitored for misrepresentation and we reserve the right to remove any questionable, non-approved artwork from the show.
Booth fees are as follows:
• Single booth $300
• Double booth $500
• Administrative fee: If an artist cancels prior to April 15th, 2017, their booth fee will be refunded, less a $75 administrative fee.
• Refunds: Booth fees are not refundable after April 15th, 2017. Other fees may be refunded at the discretion of the Executive Director.
• A limited number of corner spaces are available by request at no extra cost.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|