BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Amagansett Fine Arts Festival 2017
Amagansett American Legion, 15 Montauk Highway
Amagansett, New York (Northeast)
Event Dates: 7/1/17 - 7/3/17
Application Deadline: 4/6/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 4 applications for this show.
The 7th Annual Amagansett Fine Arts Festival will be held on the grounds of the Amagansett American Legion, strategically located in the picturesque and affluent area of Long Island known as The Hamptons. Held on the July 4th weekend, historically the busiest time of the year for the summer residents and beach goers, this is one of the first truly high-quality fine art events of 2017 in The Hamptons and will continue to build upon the success of the previous six years. Quickly developing a reputation as being a great example of an artist-run show, this event has its own festival website showcasing all of the participating artists with images, short descriptions and links to each participating artist's own website.
As the Amagansett Fine Arts Festival continues to grow in popularity, we look forward to another successful year in 2017. The setting is a large grassy field between East Hampton and Montauk and provides the perfect combination of ease and accessibility. High visibility from the main roadway through the Hamptons is one of the greatest assets, in addition to convenient exhibitor parking, and easy access for extensive public parking.
The Fourth of July weekend is historically the busiest weekend of the summer in the Hamptons, and New Yorkers jump on the chance to spend extra time at their beach homes. The affluence of such an educated and art savvy audience adds up to a rare festival experience, where no piece of artwork is too large for their second or third homes. The show size is being kept to only 60 exhibitors in 2017, just to ensure that the show grows with consideration of the success of participated artists above all else.
The Amagansett Fine Arts Festival is designed for artists who create and execute original, professional quality work. All work displayed MUST be produced by the exhibiting artist or two person team collaboration and MUST be consistent with the images submitted.
Marketing strategy for the festival includes extensive pre-event mass media advertising, including print media and an extensive internet presence and social media updates. The show website will feature and showcase each and every participating artist including images, information and links to the artists’ websites.
• Any artwork, excluding photographs, that is produced by any mechanical means, i.e., giclees, photo-offset, or any other reproduction technique must be labeled a “REPRODUCTION” and placed in browse bins. Framed reproductions may be hung on only one wall of the booth not to exceed 10 linear feet and they must be labeled as reproductions.
• Multiple employee studios engaged in production work are not eligible to participate. No agents or distributors will represent the work of any exhibitor.
• Absolutely no buy-sell. No merchandise such as coffee cups, note cards, calendars, or other items mass produced from an original piece of artwork will be permitted.
• Items made using commercial molds or patterns and hobby crafts are ineligible.
• While the show does include categories for glass and metal, this festival will feature fine art and non-functional craft only. The only exception to this will be jewelry. We will be accepting jewelry this year.
• All work shown must be for sale.
Artists violating the rules of this show or who fail to cooperate with the Amagansett Fine Arts Festival and David Oleski Events will not be permitted to exhibit. The show will be monitored for misrepresentation and we reserve the right to remove any questionable, non-approved artwork from the show.
Booth fees are as follows:
• Single booth $450
• Double booth $700
• Administrative fee: If an artist cancels prior to May 31, 2017, their booth fee will be refunded, less a $75 administrative fee.
• Refunds: Booth fees are not refundable after June 1, 2017. Other fees may be refunded at the discretion of the Executive Director.
• A limited number of corner spaces are available by request at no extra cost.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|