BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Saucon Creek Arts Festival 2017 (Bethlehem, PA)
Heller Homestead Park, Bethlehem, PA 18015
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (Northeast)
Event Dates: 6/3/17 - 6/3/17
Application Deadline: 4/3/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
Please join us for our third annual Saucon Creek Arts Festival! We are located on the grounds of the beautiful historic Heller Homestead on the Saucon Creek in the Lehigh Valley of Eastern Pennsylvania. The Homestead is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is part of a 15-acre park just off the popular Saucon Rail Trail. The Festival is sponsored by the Saucon Valley Conservancy, a nonprofit organization established to preserve the natural, architectural and historic environment of the local area.
$1,000 in cash prizes will be awarded. We will feature up to 55 juried artists, a children’s arts and crafts tent, live music, an indoor photography exhibit, food, ADA accessibility and more. The Saucon Valley Conservancy advertises the show widely through various media.
SHOW DATES AND HOURS:
10:00am - 5:00pm Saturday, June 3, 2017.
All works must be original and created by the artist. Objects made from commercial kits or commercially available plans are not acceptable. The majority of the exhibited works must be original and not commercially reproduced prints. Artists may show work only in the category for which they were juried and accepted. A separate application is required for each category. Only one application per category is allowed, with a three category limit. Images submitted for jurying must be representative of the works on display at the show.
This is a juried show, and submissions are evaluated each year based on creativity, originality, technique and presentation.
ART SHOW FEES:
$25 jury fee (non-refundable) due with application
$115 booth fee (due within 14 days of acceptance)
$75 tent rental fee is optional if you wish for us to provide and set up a 10’ x 10’ tent (no back or sides)
No refunds given for cancellation after acceptance.
Drawing, Painting, Photography, Ceramics/Pottery, Glass, Jewelry, Metal, Mixed Media, Sculpture, Wood Objects/Hand-crafted Furniture, Graphics, Printmaking, Textile/Fiber Art, Digital Art, Artisan and Other.
Artists that have work other than the above categories are encouraged to contact the Festival Director to request consideration.
Two judges will be selected to review the displayed works on Saturday morning and select the prize winners. The judges will be professional artists or art instructors known and respected in the region. Awards are determined at the discretion of the judges and all decisions will be final. They are granted for the overall show and not by media category.
The awards are as follows:
· Best of Show $500
· Second Place $250
· Third Place $150
· Best Display $50
· Honorable Mention $50
Application deadline: 4/03/17
Artists notified of acceptance: 4/10/17
Booth payment due: 4/24/17
Parking is now available in a lot adjacent to the site. Each artist will receive one parking pass to park in this lot which is reserved for the festival.
Food and drink is available for purchase from a food vendor at the festival and local eateries in downtown Hellertown, just a short driving distance away.
Port-a-potties are provided and are handicapped accessible.
Booths will be set up along pathways which are handicapped accessible. Some booths will be along grassy paths.
You are fully responsible for your own exhibit and should have someone with your exhibit at all times. A limited number of volunteer booth-sitters are available for breaks. You will have a contact number to call during the festival in the event that you need a volunteer booth-sitter.
We realize that many artists come alone to the festival. Assistance with booth set-up and take down is available with advanced notice. Many artists attend this show due to the kind asssistance received for set up, take down, and other services during the festival day.
The show opens at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday. Setup begins at 6:30am and must be completed before the start of the show. Teardown begins after 5:00 p.m. For safety reasons, vehicles are not permitted at your tent before 5:00 p.m. Taking down your tent prior to 5 pm may jeopardize your invitation to return the following year.
If any artist has liability insurance he/she should provide a copy of his/her certificate naming Lower Saucon Township and Saucon Valley Conservancy as additionally insured for $1,000,000.00. If an artist does not have liability insurance it will be provided for him/her at no cost.
· All works must be original and created by the artist. Objects made from commercial kits or commercially available plans are not acceptable. The majority of the exhibited works must be original and not commercially reproduced prints.
· A registration is a commitment to the official hours of the Festival. Taking down your tent prior to 5 pm may jeopardize your invitation to return the following year.
· No refunds will be given for cancellation after acceptance.
· The images submitted for jurying must be representative of the work to be exhibited and the display tent to be used if submitting the optional booth shot.
· The Saucon Creek Arts Festival will be held rain or shine. Artists should be prepared for the possibility of inclement weather including rain and/or wind.
· The artist whose work has been accepted must be present for the entire show.
· All work must be priced and be for sale.
· Each artist is responsible for assembling, managing, cleaning and removing their exhibit. The Saucon Valley Conservancy assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to any artwork or displays.
· No generators or external electrical hookups are permitted in order to enjoy the bucolic setting along the creek.
· By participating you agree to permit the reproduction of your images for publicity purposes. (May include print and/or website use.)
· Each artist is responsible for collection and payment of Pennsylvania's 6% sales tax.
· Please provide a valid email address.
· Applicants cannot be processed without full payment.
· Your fees may be tax deductible, as we are a 501 c 3 registered charity in the state of Pennsylvania. Please consult with your accountant for more information.
· Booth spaces will accommodate a 10’ x 10’ tent. There is a 2 foot space between booths.
· A limited number of double spaces (10’ x 20’) are available for $230. Please indicate in the application your request for a purchase of two booths. We will let you know when you are accepted if we can accommodate your request.
· Tents are available for rental for a $75 fee. It will be set up for you. This is a canopy tent only - no sides or back.
· Tents furnished by the artists must be able to withstand weather and crowds and fit within a 10’ x 10’ space.
· Local topography makes it imperative to bring items with which to level your tent and display fixtures. All tents will be placed on a grassy area, some with a gradual slope.
· This is an outdoor show and electricity is not available. Unfortunately generators are not permitted as this would interfere with the bucolic setting along the Saucon Creek.
· Booth locations, a site map and other details will be sent via email at least one week prior to the show date with specific information for setup and parking.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|