APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Heart of the West Art Show & Auction
Best Western Plus Grantree Inn
Bozeman, Montana (West)
Event Dates: 8/10/17 - 8/12/17
Application Deadline: 6/2/17 Midnight MST
33 day(s) and 1 hour(s) remaining
Images: 6 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
2017 Heart of the West Art Show & Auction
Who: Professional established artists who create fine art paintings, drawings and sculptures. We also seek emerging artists who display exceptional talent. This is a CONTEMPORARY and WESTERN show with an emphasis on quality.
What: This high-end art show and auction features 60 booths of individual fine art exhibitors spread over three connected convention spaces in a classy event venue, as well as an exciting live auction of ~100 lots. It is an excellent opportunity to meet and develop relationships with new clients while surrounded by a body of work.
Where: The Best Western Plus Grantree Inn, Bozeman, MT.
When: August 10-12, 2017.
Required: Applications end 06/02/17 or when remaining booths are filled. Submit at least 4 images of your best work and an example booth shot if available. Application Fee is $30.
The Heart of the West Art Show & Auction Bozeman is an annual high-end indoor art show for established, professional artists who create fine art paintings, drawings and sculptures. This is a CONTEMPORARY and WESTERN show with an emphasis on quality.
This show also seeks and recruits emerging artists who display exceptional talent and promise and may lack the opportunity to participate in successful galleries or museum shows that primarily feature top-tier artists and attract sought-after buyers and collectors.
The show will take place at the Best Western Plus Grantree Inn, a full-service hotel and convention center near a major exit off I-90 in north-central Bozeman. This is the hotel's peak season which is always filled at this time each year with national and international travelers. Bozeman has tons of new home construction, a vibrant art community and some great galleries but no major art shows aside from the Sweetpea Festival, which is the week before and less focused on fine art. Hundreds of thousands of visitors pass through Bozeman on the way to Yellowstone and other destinations. The foot traffic for the booths should be exceptional.
The show will feature ongoing events each day, in addition to the open exhibit rooms starting Thursday, August 10 from noon until 10 p.m. On Friday and Saturday the exhibit rooms are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. There will be two Quick Finish demo events as well as educational presentations and a live auction with ~100 lots. The potential for art sales is high due to the location, the time of year and the new home-building and wealth entering the Bozeman area.
Please study the list of artists on our website who exhibited last August to see the caliber and quality of the artists we seek.
We offer rentals of a package of Pro-Panels, track lighting and a hanging system that is setup and taken down by Severson Productions of Great Falls for a very reasonable fee. This allows the artist the luxury of showing up, displaying their art, making sales and then departing quickly and easily Sunday morning August 13, 2017.
Western Masters operated an art show for four years in Great Falls, MT for over 150 artists with a very successful art auction, and moved to a new venue and dates with the Heart of the West show in Bozeman August 2016. Western Masters is a company owned by artists and runs art shows for artists. We understand how to treat artists respectfully and fairly.
The Heart of the West Art Show & Auction BOZEMAN
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. It is important to understand that our venue is a popular hotel at peak tourist season that will be completely filled at the show time. We ask that artists be aware of that issue and avoid unloading at the main entrance, using the rear entrance instead. The Heart of the West Art Show & Auction (HOTW) is owned and operated by Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. (WMASS).
2. The first step upon arriving is to come to the Heart of the West (HOTW) registration desk in the main lobby to receive your credentials. The hotel will not allow you to to check in or set up until you first check in with us.
3. Each artist will be assigned a time for loading in for the show. You will have 30-45 minutes to unload your trailer or vehicle into your booth in the convention area before needing to remove your vehicle from the loading area.
4. Exhibitors may begin setup Wednesday morning.
6. Show Hours:
Thursday Aug. 10: 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday Aug. 11 and 12: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
7. Artist must personally attend his/her exhibit and be present during the entire three days of the show. Representatives may not attend in place of the artist. Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. (WMASS) reserves the right to request photo identification to ensure compliance with this rule. (*Exceptions to this rule may only be made in the case of a physical illness or other limitation which would otherwise preclude the artist’s participation and will only be granted through the express written authorization of the show director.) Every artist/exhibitor must have an active email account and be responsible to read and respond to all communications from the show in a timely and professional manner.
8. All work exhibited must be original artwork produced by the artist and be reflective of the slides submitted. No imports or manufactured goods. Artwork produced with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms or other commercial methods is not permitted. No unlimited offset reproductions may be exhibited. Only limited edition prints (limit 250), executed in processes involving the artist, signed and numbered, will be permitted. Eighty percent (80%) of artwork, readily visible to the public, must be original, not prints. Prints of photographs made from the artist’s negative must be processed by the artist, or under his/her direct supervision.
9. It is Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc.’s sole obligation to furnish assigned exhibit services, plus general cleaning and guard service. Services of any other nature shall be requested by the artist in writing at least 30 days prior to the festival to be considered by Show Director.
10. Artist shall be liable for delivery, handling, erection and removal of artist’s displays and materials. All pertinent fire codes, laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention and public safety shall be strictly obeyed. Nothing shall be nailed, stapled, taped or otherwise affixed to the wall, the ground or any part of the exhibition area in such a way to damage the area. Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. prohibits the installation and operation of any exhibits not meeting its approval. Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. in its sole discretion, may prohibit the conduct of any activity whatsoever which it deems deleterious and not in the best interest of the show.
11. We require all artists to vacate their rooms, load up their vehicles and checked out by 12 p.m. on Sunday morning, August 13, 2017. Failure to meet this timeline may result in the artist paying for an additional night.
12. There is no sales tax in Montana.
See Site Map PDF for exhibit sizing, placement and pricing.
Booths #1-3, 9-23, 25-26: $1750 (10'w X 6'd X 7'h. 7 rental ProPanels, 15 lights, 20 hangers)
Booths #5-6: $2000 (10'w X 10'd X 7'h. 9 rental ProPanels, 20 lights, 20 hangers) (FULL)
Booths #7-8: $3500 (20/17 rental panels, 35 lights, 40 hangers) (FULL)
Booth #24: $1300 (10'w X 3'd X 7'h. 5 rental panels (7 usable), 12 lights, 15 hangers)
Booths #27, 28, 30, 32, 45, 50-61: $1500 (10'w X 8'd X 8' high pipe and drape. BYO display equipment)
Booths #29, 31, 33-44, 46-49: $1200 (10'w X 6'd X 8' high pipe and drape. BYO display equipment)
Rental equipment is included in show fee and set up and taken down by Severson Productions of Great Falls, MT. Electric hookups are provided for all pipe-and-drape spaces.
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW