APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Lubeznik Art & Artisan Festival 2017
Lubeznik Center for the Arts, 101 W. 2nd St.
Michigan City, Indiana (Midwest)
Show Dates: 8/19/17 - 8/20/17
Application Deadline: 3/24/17 Midnight CST
1 day(s) and 3 hour(s) remaining
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $35.00
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 24!
In 2017 Lubeznik Center for the Arts (LCA) is celebrating the 36th year of its annual art festival, Lubeznik Art & Artisan Festival, on August 19 and 20. The festival, previously held off-site, is now held on LCA’s grounds to connect festival-goers to our gallery spaces, experience the stature of our exhibitions, and connect with programs more effectively. All proceeds from LAAF are invested back into the community through artistic and educational programs LCA provides year-round.
We will be selecting individual fine artists, fine crafters and artisans through a jury process. Additionally, we will be inviting regional galleries who represent the best in emerging contemporary art. Overall we anticipate 65-100 exhibitors.
The jurors for this year’s festival are Doug Stapleton and Frank Connet. Both bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the process. Doug Stapleton is an Associate Curator of Art with the Illinois State Museum Chicago Gallery. He is also a visual artist and educator. Frank Connet is a studio artist, teacher and the owner of Textile Restoration Inc. in Chicago, IL. His work is in numerous private and public collection collections including the Art Institute of Chicago, the City of Chicago, Museum of Art and Design (New York), the deYoung Museum (San Francisco) and the MacArthur Foundation (Chicago).
Over $30,000 is budgeted to market the event through partnerships that span radio, TV, print and outdoor media.
Mission: The mission of LAAF is to celebrate and foster the appreciation of a dynamic array of contemporary artists and artisans through the exhibition and sale of contemporary art in a festival setting. LAAF serves as a major fundraiser for LCA with proceeds supporting our exhibitions, programs and educational outreach across the region throughout the year.
Festival Dates: August 19 & 20, 2017
Time: Sat. & Sun. 10-5
Single-Day Admission: $5
Children 16 & under: Free
Active Military Personnel with ID: Free
Free off-site parking available. Free parking and shuttle service from Blue Chip Casino.
LAAF Elements at a glance:
Art & Artisans:
Discover the next big thing at all price points. Everything from fine art to fine-craft.
Food, Beer & Wine:
Northwest Indiana is fully immersed in the foodie movement and we will celebrate our local restaurants and breweries at LAAF – bringing the best in local flavor together for the weekend.
What differentiates LAAF from other festivals? It is being organized by a contemporary art center. Celebrating creativity and the creative process, the festival will be punctuated by on-site art-making and interactive experiences.
APPLICATION FEE: A non-refundable application fee of $35 is required. All applications must be received by March 10, 2017.
Jurors will review work April 1 – April 15, 2017. Artists will be notified of their acceptance by April 30, 2017.
Artists who are on the waitlist will be notified as openings become available.
Award categories ($3000 in cash awards):
Best in Show
1st Place Artist
1st Place Artisan
Neil Kienitz Award for Representational Art
Juror's Awards (2)
Artist Category includes the following:
2-Dimensional Art (painting, drawing, printmaking, pastels, mixed-media)
Photography (traditional & digital techniques)
Sculptural Objects (non-functional, all media)
Artisan Category includes the following:
Fine Craft (functional, clay/ceramics, glass, wood, metal, textile)
Wearable Art (wearable, accessories & jewelry)
The jury reserves the right to move artists to a more appropriate category at their discretion.
Images: Four images representing the work you will be selling. One image of your booth presentation is required. Please choose high quality images for marketing purposes.
A brief (200 words or less) statement about your work, including a short description of your medium and process.
Once you’ve completed your application you will be prompted to checkout. You will need to complete the checkout process in order for us to get your application for review.
You may also send a check made payable to Lubeznik Center for the Arts, or call 219.874.4900 to pay by credit card. Your application will not be considered complete until your registration and payment is received. Deadline March 10, 2017. Mailed payments MUST be postmarked by March 10, 2017.
If paying by check, please mail payment to:
Lubeznik Center for the Arts
101 W. 2nd St.
Michigan City, IN 46360
This Lubeznik Art and Artisan Festival Exhibition Rules is a part of the 2016 Legal Agreement. As part of the Agreement with Lubeznik Center For The Arts, Exhibitor agrees as follows:
1. The Exhibitor must be present to exhibit and manage all displays during the Lubeznik Art and Artisan Festival (LAAF) from 10:00AM to 5:00PM both Saturday and Sunday, rain or shine. The Exhibitor is limited to the booth space(s) assigned; booth spaces are non-transferable. Any exhibitor who has not been accepted, invited, or has not paid booth fees, will not be allowed to exhibit.
2. All work must be original art, conceived and executed solely by the artist, without instructional assistance.
3. Exhibitors will supply their own tent, booth display(s) and furniture.
4. Collaborating artists may share booth space only if they mutually create pieces together and have been juried as collaborators. Any artists who work in a similar style or share studio space creating separate pieces do not qualify as collaborators and must apply separately.
5. All Exhibitors must conduct themselves and their transactions in a professional manner.
6. Commercial reproductions are limited to one bin per booth and must be clearly marked as such (i.e. giclee, inkjet, etc.).
7. All work must be for sale with prices clearly displayed.
8. All sales will be conducted between the Exhibitor and the purchaser.
9. The Exhibitor must comply with all State of Indiana tax regulations and must collect and remit to the Indiana Department of Revenue all appropriate taxes. LCA has no responsibility regarding sales of the Exhibitor’s work.
10. Each Exhibitor's work will be reviewed by staff, committee, and judges during LAAF and prizes and/or commendations may be awarded to appropriate Exhibitors.
11. LCA retains the right to expel any Exhibitor or deem them ineligible for awards, if they fail to comply with these Exhibition Rules.
12. Leashed, caged, or free-running animals are not allowed on the grounds at the festival. Only qualified service animals are allowed on the festival grounds. Service animals will require documentation from a physician. The Exhibitor must provide service animal documentation 10 days prior to the festival.
13. The Exhibitor, upon acceptance of the LCA invitation to exhibit work at the Lubeznik Art and Artisan Festival, commits to be present and exhibit. Invited Exhibitors will be assigned a single 12x12 ft booth space and shall pay LCA a fee of $200. Double booth spaces may be rented for $400 on a first-come, first-served basis. Booth fees are due from participating Exhibitors by May 31, 2017. If the Exhibitor does not remit booth fee payment by this deadline, he or she may not be eligible to participate. Withdrawals prior to May 31 are eligible for a refund of booth fees paid less a $20 processing fee. Withdraws between June 1 and June 30, 2017 will be eligible for a 50% refund of booth fees paid, less a $20 processing fee. No booth fees will be refunded for withdrawals/cancellation made on or after July 1, 2017.
14. The Exhibitor consents to, and authorizes the use of, any and all images of the Exhibitors work in promotional literature and/or other promotional endeavors by the LCA or LAAF, its officers, directors, and agents. Said images may be used for no payment in any fashion at the sole and exclusive discretion of the LCA or LAAF. Such uses may include, but are not limited to print advertisements, marketing materials, billboards, television and radio advertising, and interactive media including but not limited to web media, social media, and electronic media. This agreement will be in effect through the following year's LAAF.
15. The Exhibitor releases the Lubeznik Center for the Arts (LCA), its staff and its volunteers for any and all liability for damage to or destruction of the Exhibitors artwork, equipment, supplies, displays or other property and; the Exhibitor agrees to, and does hereby, agree that she/he will not hold the LCA, its staff, or its volunteers responsible for accidental loss or damage of any kind.
16. By applying/signing electronically, the Exhibitor acknowledges that: I have read and understand the rules and procedures for LAAF; I agree to abide by the rules, policies, guidelines, and these Exhibition Rules as part of my legal agreement with LCA and I understand that failure to follow these rules and regulations may result in my expulsion from the 2017 LAAF/or future fairs organized by LCA; I understand that I will be held liable for any damages I inflict on festival grounds.
BOOTH FEE OPTIONS:
Each exhibitor will be assigned a single 12x12 foot booth space, suitable for a 10’x10’ tent. Single Exhibitor Booth Fee is $200. Double booth spaces may be rented for $400 on a first-come, first-served basis. There are a limited number of double booth spaces available.
OPTIONS FOR EXHIBITORS:
Requests such as proximity to another exhibitor, or access to water or electrical may be requested, but are not guaranteed. Notify us of any other personal needs or requests you may have.
BOOTH SPACE DEADLINE: May 31, 2017
Withdrawals prior to May 31, 2017 are eligible for a refund of booth fees paid less a $20 processing fee.
Withdrawals between June 1 and June 30, 2017 will be eligible for a 50% refund of booth fees paid less a $20 processing fee.
No booth fees will be refunded for withdrawals/cancellation made on or after July 1, 2017.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW