West End Arts Festival La Grange 2017
701 W. Burlington Ave.
La Grange, Illinois (Midwest)
Show Dates: 9/9/17 - 9/10/17
Application Deadline: 3/30/17 Midnight CST
2 day(s) and 2 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
Free to the public, and celebrating the arts for the 22th year, please join us for the West End Arts Festival in La Grange, IL. This juried fine art festival has become a popular end-of-the-summer event for the community as well as for high-caliber artists from across the country due to its strong reputation as being well-organized and being very artist friendly! The feedback we receive from our artists is that they enjoy and do well as the event attracts buyers not just browsers.
The event draws visitors from surrounding communities to the upscale and family-friendly village of La Grange as it is easily accessible and located about 20 minutes west of Chicago. The West End Arts Festival is held in the shadow of the landmark Stone Avenue Metra train station in the charming and historic west end area of La Grange, IL., surrounded by old trees and small businesses. It is truly a picture-perfect setting to showcase your art.
The staff and members of the La Grange Business Association, in cooperation with the Village of La Grange, plan, host, promote and support the artists and festival through numerous marketing channels.
We are proud to offer an array of amenities to you as artists to help ensure a smooth and successful event.
2017 Show Dates:
Sat Sept 9: 10 am - 6 pm (optional evening hours too)
Sun Sept. 10 : 10 am - 4pm
Contact us with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter: @westendartfest Facebook: www.facebook.com/westendartfest Instagram: lagrangearts
WHY APPLY TO WEST END ARTS FESTIVAL?
- Community: The quaint Village of La Grange, IL is located about 20 minutes west of Chicago and was rated by Chicago Magazine as one of the top places to live. This family-friendly upscale community is proud of its beautiful homes, award-winning restaurants, fashionable boutiques, a thriving business community and its strong support of the arts.
- Event Location: The West End Arts Festival is held in the shadow of the landmark Stone Avenue Metra train station in the charming and historic west end area of La Grange surrounded by old trees, and small local businesses - all which provide a picture-perfect setting to showcase art.
- Organization/Community Support: The staff and members of the vibrant La Grange Business Association, in cooperation with the Village of La Grange, plan, host, promote and support the artists and festival through numerous marketing channels.
- Artist Amenities:
- Coordinated loading and unloading
- Friday check-in and set-up
- Treat bag plus continental breakfast both days of the show
- Booth sitters available
- Overnight Security
- Festival program with listing of artists attending
- Name badges and booth signs
- Free day and overnight (no RV’s) parking
- Professionally judged with cash and ribbon awards
- An interested, buying crowd that enjoys supporting the arts
- Friendly volunteers willing to assist you
In addition to hosting fine artists in all media, the West End Arts Festival also highlights music performance, including a jazz band on Saturday evening, wine tasting, an Art of Food Culinary Tent featuring demonstrations by local chefs, numerous children’s activities, food vendors, and a community art project.
ELIGIBILITY & ACCEPTED MEDIUMS
The West End Arts Festival features fine art and fine craft. Artists' work must be original and completed by the artist present at the event. No artist’s representatives or galleries allowed. Work that is mass produced or commercially made is not allowed.
The following mediums are accepted: ceramics, drawing, fiber non-functional, fiber functional, paper non-functional, furniture, glass, jewelry, acrylic, oil, watercolor, pastel, sculpture, wood, mixed media, collage, photography, and printmaking. If you work in a medium not listed above, please contact us for consideration to apply to the event.
The La Grange Business Association and West End Arts Festival reserves the right to remove any and all works deemed not suitable at the time of the festival. We reserve the right to select and/or invite other artists in order to ensure a balanced show in all mediums. The West End Arts Festival reserves the right to not accept an artist for jury. Should this occur, your jury fee shall be returned.
Ribbons and prize awarded where excellence is determined regardless of media. Awards are given in the following categories:
Best of Show: $500
1st Place: $250
2nd Place: $150
3rd Place: $100
In addition, award winners are invited back to the show for the following year with jury fee waived.
Award winners selected by professional judge(s). Judge(s) change each year.
We try to update artists of their wait list status as often as possible. Artists on the wait list are welcome to show up the morning of a festival during set-up and register to see if any “no show” spaces become available. Final determination to add artists is at the sole discretion of the West End Art Festival.
Jury Fee: $25 each media
If you wish to apply in more than one category, please submit 1 application and 1 jury fees per apllication.
Standard 10x10 booth - $300.00
Corner booth - $375.00
Double booth - $600.00
Double corner booth - $675.00
RULES & REGULATIONS
Artists' work must be original and completed by the artist present at the event. No artist’s representatives or galleries allowed. Work that is mass produced or commercially made is not allowed. Manufactured or components containing manufactured pieces are not permitted to exhibit. Artists whose work does not comply with the rules or differs from the images submitted, will be asked to remove these items or leave. No refunds will be given.
CANCELLATION & REFUND REQUESTS
All refund requests must be submitted in writing. E-mail requests are accepted.
The following cancellation and refund policies are in place:
- $100.00 cancellation fee in effect immediately upon receipt of booth fee payment or deposit.
- No refunds available 60 days prior to the start date of the event. Start date is considered the Friday night before the weekend of the event.
ARTIST DISPLAY RULES
- Artists must be present both days, all hours, of the festival.
- Manufactured or components containing manufactured pieces are not permitted to exhibit.
- Artist exhibited work must be consistent with images submitted for jury process.
- Late setups and early shut downs are not allowed.
- All table legs must be covered to the floor with table cloths.
- Storage items may be stored behind tents or under tables. If stored under tables, items should not be visible. If storing items behind your tent, please stack items so they are neat and clean.
- Framed reproductions are allowed on one tent wall and must be labeled "Reproduction".
- One bin of reproductions is allowed and must be appropriately labeled.
All booths and displays must be of a professional nature, clean and inviting and representative of work submitted in jury application.
Each display space is 10’ x 10’. Double booth spaces are available for an additional fee. We will make every attempt to honor specific booth requests. Booth location and number are subject to change.
Only one artist may display their work, per booth. No sharing of booths allowed.
All areas will be patrolled both Friday night and Saturday night by local law enforcement. However, we assume no liablility for any loss.
TENTS AND WEIGHTS
All tents must be white and must be weighted properly. If it is deemed by the committee that either your tent or weights are not acceptable you will be asked to correct the situation. Those who do not comply will be asked to leave the festival without refund. Milk jugs filled with sand or water, small bricks or other such items are not acceptable weights.