APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Affordable Arts Festival 2017 - 6th Annual
Arapahoe Community College
Denver, Colorado (West)
Show Dates: 8/27/17 - 8/27/17
Application Deadline: 5/30/17 Midnight MST
127 day(s) and 1 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee (non-refundable)): $30.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
THE AFFORDABLE ARTS FESTIVAL HAS BEEN RANKED #36
NATIONALLY 2 YEARS IN A ROW BY THE ART FAIR SOURCEBOOK!
We invite all artists to apply. The Affordable Arts Festival has a unique and appealing format for art buyers since all of the art in the show is priced at $100 or less. This concept has been modeled after two very successful events that have been around for many years. One is a national show and the other is international. The art buying excitement created by these festivals is unlike any other arts festival. The Affordable Arts Festival will be held on August 27, 2017 on the beautiful campus of the Arapahoe Community College (easy set-up and tear down). With extensive promotions and advertising, we have had larger crowds each year. The festival will host a maximum of 150 artists in 2017. For more info about how this unique event is beneficial to both the artists and the buying public please go to our website’s FAQ’s at http://www.affordableartsfestival.com/festivalfaq.html
Be part of the Affordable Arts Festival. The Festival will take place August 27, 2017 on the Campus of Arapahoe Community College in Littleton, Colorado. This unique event offers both professional and emerging artists the opportunity to participate in a consumer friendly event where all art is priced at $100 or less. After huge crowds in 2016 we expect that the 6th year of this event will draw even larger crowds of enthusiastic art buyers. To find out what makes this show unique (and successful) go to our FAQ page:
This competitive show will be chosen by a jury. The jurors will view the five images on calibrated monitors. The jurors will have access to the Artist Statements. All participants in the 2017 show will be chosen by this jury with the exception of up to 10% of the exhibitors who may be named by the Festival Director for purposes of creating a balanced show and artists that were pre-accepted from our show jury from last year.
The mission of the Affordable Arts Festival is to create a fine arts and fine crafts festival that offers great art at affordable prices.
Affordable Arts Festival staff will visit all displays at intervals throughout the Festival to ensure that exhibitors comply with all Festival rules. It is our exclusive right and responsibility to remove work that is not in compliance. Repeated noncompliance could result in expulsion and ineligibility for participation in future Festivals.
1. All work exhibited must be created and produced by the artist (includes limited and unlimited editions of artist’s original artwork.) All two-dimensional work must be framed, matted or stretched (no loose prints).
2. Artists may only exhibit work in the category in which they are accepted.
3. Only original artwork, limited and unlimited edition prints may be displayed and/or offered for sale.
4. Ceramic works must be handmade by the artist. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, each piece must be signed.
5. Artists must be present to exhibit. No spouses or other representatives will be permitted in place of artist.
6. A picture ID is required at artist check-in.
7. This is an outdoor event and artists needing or wanting insurance will be responsible for proper insurance and protection of work and setup. The Affordable Arts Festival will not be responsible for damage to work or setup due to weather or unrelated incidents.
8. Only artists accepted in the jewelry category may display and sell jewelry. Additionally, jewelry may only be submitted for jury in the jewelry category.
9. All work shown must be for sale and priced at $100 or less.
10. Artists may jury in more than one category, but not with the same artwork. Artists may jury more than once in the same category as long as the work is substantially different.
11. Artists wishing to exhibit work produced in more than one media category must create a new profile for each category on Zapplication and submit a jury fee for each category. Only one application may be submitted per body of work represented. Multiple applications must represent either work in different media categories or distinctly separate bodies of work within one category. No advantage is gained by submitting multiple applications for the same body of work in multiple categories. Artists whose work is selected in multiple categories must still exhibit in one booth space.
12. Booth sharing by two artists, although not encouraged, is allowed. Both artists need to apply separately and be accepted by the jury. There will be a $75 fee for booth sharing.
13. Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting all taxes.
PLEASE NOTE – REGARDING COLLABORATING ARTISTS:
If you are submitting an application as a collaborating artist/partner, you must submit the name(s) with the application. Here is how to submit your application as a collaborating artist - Go to “My Profile” first. Enter one of the two collaborating artists as the primary contact in the profile form. After completing the information requested, there is a section at the bottom of the profile page to enter the collaborating artist name(s). This information is carried over to the application for purposes of identifying a collaborative effort. You may not add a partner after the jury. If you have any questions or difficulties registering the partner, please contact the Affordable Arts Festival office before submitting your application.
A wait list will be developed based on jury scores. Artists will be selected to be on the wait list in each of the categories. Artists on the wait list are notified via telephone or email of their acceptance.
Applicants must submit five color digital images, via the ZAPP application. Four images must show individual pieces representative of your work. The fifth image must be of the display that will be used at the show. We do not expect you to have a booth shot filled with the exact items that you will bring to this show but we would like to see how you display your work normally. The quality of your booth image is important to the overall score from the jury. Your display image should reveal no names and have no people standing in it.
Cancellations received prior to August 1, 2017 a 100% refund of booth fees. After August 1, 2017 no refunds will be made.
Booth spaces are 15' wide by 10' deep. Double-wide (30') booths are also available. Exhibitors should be prepared to adapt to outdoor exhibiting. All exhibitor tents must be white in color. There will be 5’ of storage behind the booths and must be kept visually appealing..
BOOTH FEES (Due upon acceptance):
Single Booth (10' x 15') - $225.00
Double Booth (10' x 30') - $450.00 (limited availability)
Corner Booth - $50.00 additional fee (limited number of corners available)
Application Deadline: May 30, 2017
Jurying: June 6, 2017
Acceptance Notification (emailed and listed on our website): June 7, 2017
Booth Fees Due: June 23, 2017
Booth Location Notification: Mid July 2017
Show Set-up: Saturday, August 26, 2017
Sunday - August 27, 2017 – 9AM to 3PM
Each booth is oversized at 10x15 plus 5 feet of storage behind the booth. The additional space is necessary for most artists to handle the early and enthusiastic crowd of art buyers. Set up wil begin on Saturday August 26 at 11AM. Set up can also be done Sunday morning from 6AM to 9AM. The gates will open at 9AM so if you are planning set up on Sunday morning you need to be done and open by 9AM (vehicles need to be removed by 8AM).
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW