BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Salida Riverside Fine Arts Festival - 9th Annual
198 F. St. Salida, CO 81201
Salida, Colorado (West)
Event Dates: 7/15/17 - 7/16/17
Application Deadline: 4/22/17 Midnight MST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury fee): $35.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Applications re-open May 20. This is the 9th consecutive year for a show of excellent fine juried artists, with many returning each year for this premier event during the peak of the Colorado Rocky Mountain tourist season.
Salida, a designated Colorado Arts District town, is in the south central Rocky Mountains, a 3 hour scenic drive from Denver. The festival is in a picturesque park in the downtown Historic District, on the banks of the Arkansas River with kayaking, rafting, fly fishing and swimming beaches just steps away.
Artist booths are on clean grass lawns with a short load in walk. Late arrivals can check in Sat. morning. Amenities are cold beverages, Sat/Sun Continental breakfast, booth sitters, overnight security, nearby vehicle & RV parking).
Features are juried fine art, live music (sound monitored), kids activities, & food vendors. Advertising in area newspapers, Summer guides, Colo. tourist event directories, paid targeted Facebook ads, weekend getaway directories, 4 radio stations, & local & area posters.
Request FREE eBooks that include the topics: running a successful art business, preparing images for jury, & festival selling (www.thecreativesbestfriend.com)
We also invite your Zapp application at our other juried Colorado fine art festivals:
Denver Berkeley Park June 10-11
Colorado Springs July 1-2
Salida Riverside July 15-16
Parker Sept. 23-24
The County Visitors Bureau and Salida Chamber of Commerce are promoting the event, considered one of the premier Salida art events. The show is in the height of the tourist season in the Upper Arkansas Valley, which attracts thousands of tourists from all over the world for world class fly fishing and river rafting, horseback riding, hiking, zip lines, an array of delicious mountain dining establishments, and for the diverse and wonderful local art presented in almost 20 galleries. Chaffee County is also home to numerous fabulous mountain hot springs day resorts, and Salida offers its own public swimming pool and hot springs.
The festival is in the middle of the Historic Downtown area at the gorgeous river side park and ampitheater and is a hub of tourist and local activity. Many artists plan a play and stay of their own because of Salida’s unspoiled “old West” charm and many attractions. We recommend artists apply to this show early and book lidgubg at one of the many comfortable mountain motels and campgrounds. Viva Salida!
Free E-Books for artists in business: www.thecreativesbestfriend.com
FESTIVAL DATES & TIMES
Saturday, July 15....10:00am to 7:00pm and Sunday, July 16....10:00am to 4:00pm
Setup: Friday, July 14...10am - 6pm. Notify the Festival Director for late set up arrangements at 303-916-5711.
PAYING FEES BY CHECK
Artists can pay jury and/or booth fees by credit card on Zapplication. If paying by check or money order, be sure it will arrive by the deadline.
Payable To: COLORADO EVENT DESIGN
Colorado Event Design, Attn: D. Tullis
7550 S. Blackhawk St. Unit #11-201 (it will be returned without Unit #)
Englewood, CO 80112
We want you to feel welcome and have an enjoyable show in Salida! If you would like a riverside booth space please mention it on your application (allocation by time stamp). Enjoy the Artist's Coffee and Continental Breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning at 8:30 am. Friendly booth sitters will be available. You'll hear live musicians performing folk and blues tunes from the amphitheater stage, with the sound adjusted so it's pleasant and conducive to artist's conducting business.
TAX LICENSE & INSURANCE
Exhibitors are required to have valid Insurance. It is easily available at www.ACTinsurance.com. You can obtain the insurance for $39 for one show or multiple shows (different price). Our shows are registered with them and it's an easy procedure.
The Certificate Holder is City of Salida and Colorado Event Design 7550 S. Blackhawk St. #11201, Englewood CO 80112.
Colorado Special Event Vendor Tax License is to be emailed to the Festival Director and Form #DR0589 is available from the CO Dept. of Revenue. Online at: www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/DR0589.pdf
The Colorado Special Events Tax License, is $8. It can take 3-4 weeks to receive the license, by mail (it's not available as an online service as of this writing). If you have a late application for this license just display your completed application at check in and you will be added to the list turned in to the City Clerk.
Our jurors will be selecting high quality fine art that will appeal to a diverse audience. Jurors will view images along with Artist Statements. Images should be of individual artwork so jurors can determine quality of craftmanship and materials.
Booth display image should reveal no names and have no people standing in it. If no booth image is available a group showing of artworks on display may be submitted. Jurors will look for a high level of professionalism and consistency of style in such a group image.
TAX AND LICENSE
Tax License & Permit due: May 30
Important: Exhibitors may not exhibit in Salida without securing a license before the event! The CO vendor permit must be emailed in advance to email@example.com.
The “Vendor Special Event License Application For Single or Multiple Events” is $16 and is available online atwww.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/DR0589.pdf (Please note: it takes 3-4 weeks to receive the license by USPS).
There is minimum electricity available for artist's use and will be allocated on a first come basis. No generators are allowed.
CHECK IN & SET UP
Check in will be at the hospitality booth near the Ampitheater stage. Vehicles can be parked in the park area while exhibitors check in and get Artist ID, signage and Artist reception information.
Set up time: between the hours of 10am and 6pm on Friday. Exhibitors can park a vehicle alongside to park and unload - about a 10-30 yd. distance on grass. Vehicle is to be moved when unloaded to allow time for the next exhibitor.
LATE CHECK IN & SET UP
If unable to set up within the posted times, please call to notify the arrival time so that arrangements can be made with security and to be assured of a parking space to unload. Late arrivals who need Saturday check in can call for a "Phone Check In" to get booth number and locations - booths need to be set up by 9:30am Saturday.
After unloading, vehicles must be moved from the park area. Parking is limited in the Historic District so Exhibitors are asked not park on the downtown streets so that festival attendees can have access to them. There is plenty of unmetered parking within 3 blocks of the historic district. RV parking is allowed in nearby areas.
Breakdown is not to begin until 4:00pm. Vehicles may be parked alongside the park beginning at 4pm. All booths must be removed by 7pm.
At approximately 7200 ft. altitude, Salida experiences mountain weather. Located in the "banana belt" Salida weather is mild and similar to that of Denver. July is usually dry but occasionally it can get windy with high gusts of wind and brief rains may pass through. Please prepare your booth and exhibit for this possibility!
FESTIVAL TERRAIN / DOGS
The booths will be on mostly level ground in the park and on asphalt streets adjacent to the park. Some park spaces may require minimum shims. No stakes are allowed in the park to protect the sprinkler system. Dogs are not allowed in the park.
Security officers will be present during the evening hours (8pm until 8am), Friday and Saturday. You are encouraged to arrive both festival days by 8am to further secure your booth. Colorado Event Design, the Festival Directors and the City of Salida and its employees are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Overnight security will deter interference with your booth and artworks but is not guaranteed to prevent theft or vandalism. Please report any problems, but festival organizers cannot be held responsible.
We require that you have your name, home town and booth number prominently displayed. At check in we will provide that signage and an ID that will identify you as an exhibitor.
Please secure your lodging as soon as possible. Salida is a tourist destination and has numerous motels and other accommodations including B & B's, a hostel and campgrounds. Sorry, we have been unable to secure artist discounts due to the availablity during tourist season. Please refer to our website for lodger listings.
The show policy is “Rain or Shine”. In the case of unexpected “Acts of God” or unforeseen situations that prevent the event being held, no refunds will be issued.
After booth fee payment is received refunds will not be granted.
Ceramics: Original clay work other than jewelry is accepted in this category. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed each piece must be signed. Large ceramics artworks welcome.
Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image, or the manipulation of other source material, was executed by the artist using a computer. Wall displayed work in this category must be in limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials, with the exception of bin artworks (see Rules of Show.) Traditional photographs taken through a digital media should apply in the photography category.
Drawing: Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayon, etc. or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.)
Fiber: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry and papermaking. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns or other forms of mass production are permitted. No factory produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artist, may be exhibited.
Glass: No forms of mass production are permitted.
Graphics and Printmaking: Printed works for which the artist's hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.)
Jewelry: No commercial casts, molds or production studio work is allowed.
Metalworks: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metals. No production studio work is allowed.
Mixed Media: This category includes works, both 2 and 3-dimensional, that incorporate more than one type of physical material to produce. Includes non-sculptural work as determined by the artist. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.)
Other: Exhibitors may submit works that are in a category not listed. These must be artworks executed with a high level of professionalism. Artists are invited to contact the festival director with any questions.
Painting: Works created in oils, acrylics, watercolor, etc. are in this category. Reproductions in the form of quality giclees are permitted and must be hand signed by the artist. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.)
Paper: Original, hand made paper, paper artworks and objects made of paper. Decorations, handles and bases may be manufactured but may not comprise more than 25% of the artwork.
Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist's original image, which have been processed by that artist, or under his or her direct supervision, are included in this category. Photographers are required to disclose both their creative and printing processes. Only fine art prints are to be displayed. Commercial works may be displayed on a small free standing table in portfolio form only. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.)
Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium. Large sculptue may be installed using a "soft turf" forklift. Show management will help facilitate installation needs.
Wood: Original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category.
Market Artisan Crafter: Agricultural products, gourmet items, freshly prepared foods, bakeries, beverages (non alcoholic), bath/body, health/wellness, flowers and garden, children's clothing and toys, pet items. Please note: all edible items for sale must be packaged for consumption. If your category is not listed contact the Festival Director for consideration.
1. All work must be original, handcrafted work. Reproductions are allowed but must adhere to Rules of Show description (see item 6) and must be hand signed and shrink wrapped. All two-dimensional work that is displayed on booth walls must be framed, matted or stretched; and must be original work or quality giclee’ prints.
2. All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist or under direct supervision of the artist.
3. No more than two artists may collaborate on artworks exhibited in one category. Both names must be included on the application. Only 25% of the total body of work exhibited may be other than the declared category. Example: a “Sculpture” category exhibitor that wants to display their paintings may use up to 25% of their booth space for paintings. Up to 2 exhibitors may share a booth and each exhibitors must submit an application with required images.
4. No commissions are collected. Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and reporting all taxes. Exhibitors will not be allowed to set up their booth unless the required license has been received.
5. Artist must be present with their work for the entire two days of the festival. Representatives may not attend in place of the artist; exception may be made if there are extenuating circumstances that are to be submitted to the Festival Director.
6. Artists may only show work in categories and the style of exhibited items must represent the body of work selected by the Jury. All work exhibited must be of the quality, category and body of work of that shown in the images juried.
7. Prints must be signed, matted and sealed in shrink wrap. Prints and cards must be presented in Artist’s bins or other attractive form of containment. Reproductions of original artworks in all categories are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that the jury has accepted.
8. Check-in must be by individual artist, exceptions can be made with reasonable explanation, with assurance that the Artist will be on site during the hours of the show. A photo ID (drivers license or other) and vehicle license number will be required to check in. Current insurance and Colorado Sales Tax license information must be displayed at check in before set up.
9. No stakes are allowed in the park and this is enforced. Booth sandbags or other appropriate wind resistance is required as a safety precaution. You will be asked to secure your booth if it does not have a minimum of 40# weights at each support. Weights are to be festival appropriate sandbags or cement filled pvc, etc. Plastic containers must be covered attractively. Please be sure guests will not trip over weights.
10. All exhibitors must have covered booths with the exception of those who display artworks that have the weight to resist wind gusts. Exhibitors must notify the Festival Director to discuss display if are planning to exhibit without a booth. If your display setup is not considered secure you may be asked to take appropriate measures. We want to be fair to all exhibitors by enforcing this rule so that damage does not occur to neighboring booths.
11. Exhibitors will be required to move their vehicles promptly after unloading exhibit materials so that another exhibitor can unload.
12. Exhibitors have a 2'x10' space behind booth to store additional artworks to replenish those sold. Storage behind the booths is adequate but limited and storage must be kept visually appealing. Exhibitors may be asked by festival hosts to tidy their area.
13. Artists may display commercial samples of their works that have not been juried in portfolio form only and in a space no larger than approximately 24” x 30.”
14. Security officers will patrol the festival site between the hours of 7pm and 7am. Items left in the booths must be boxed or covered securely. Artists are responsible for proper insurance and protection of work, booth and display. Colorado Event Design, LLC and the City of Salida and its employees is not responsible for lost or stolen items, or for damage to work or booth and display due to weather or unrelated incidents.
15. Exhibitors are asked to their space clean and free of debris when exiting the park at the end of the show.
16. After booth fee payment is received refunds will not be granted. We are strict about this because the show is already set and we may not be able to fill your space. In case of emergency and a refund is requested, we will only consider a booth fee credit for one of our future show (we produce 5 in Colorado).
17. Images submitted for jury, and photos and videos of the exhibitor, their artworks and booth during the event may be used to promote events produced by by Colorado Event Design, LLC. Such images and videos will not be used for any other purpose.
18. Under special circumstances only, on a case by case basis, an exhibitor may request that a representative be allowed to stand in for the artist during the festival hours.
19. Show policy is “Rain or Shine”. Please be prepared to accept a guest into your booth for a passing rain shower as it may only be a short time. In the event of an "Act of God" or an unforseen situation occurs that forces a cancellation by Colorado Event Design or the City of Salida, exhibitors will be issued a 2018 "Acceptance Guarantee" that will assure their jury acceptance into a future show of choice, and jury and booth fee discounts.
10x10 Artist Exhibitor Booth: $365 / 10x15: $550 / 10x20: $725 / Corner: $50 / Shared Booth: $150
Fees include the mandatary surcharge per exhibitor charged by the City of Salida.
Set up is very easy with cars parked around the perimeter of the park. Curbside booth location is available but limited. If you want a specific location, please indicate that in the Artist's Question section.
Shared booth info: Artists who wish to share a booth must be juried individually. Upon acceptance of the jury invitation, please purchase (1) booth and (1) shared artist fee.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|