BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Denver Sloan's Lake Art & Music Festival 2017
Sloans Lake Park, South at 1700 Sheridan Blvd. Denver, CO 80219
Denver, Colorado (West)
Event Dates: 8/12/17 - 8/13/17
Application Deadline: 4/19/17 Midnight MST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $35.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
We have a great collection of art for this 4th annual show - in Denver's 2nd largest city park, & we can accept more in most categories. Booths are under big shade trees, on clean level grass with a short load in walk on sidewalk. We love our artists with free cold beverages, Sat/Sun Continental breakfast, booth sitters, overnight security, 2 block walk to vehicle & RV parking.
Features are juried fine art, live music (sound monitored), kids activities, & food vendors. Advertising in area publications, online Colo. & Denver tourist event directories, paid targeted Facebook ads, weekend event directories, hand delivered fliers to area residences & generous street signage along the main traffic areas & intersections.
A great festival at a central Denver cross-town boulevard with good visibility. Sloan's Lake Park is a 177 acre recreation lake & lawn sports park, 20 minutes from the foothills of the Rocky Mountains & 10 minutes to downtown Denver. Four densely populated neighborhoods converge at this park. one of the most desirable areas to live in Denver.
Request our free eBooks that include the topics: running a successful art business, preparing images for jury, & festival selling (by request at www.thecreativesbestfriend.com)
We also invites your Zapp application at our other juried Colorado fine art festivals:
Denver Berkeley Park June 10-11
Colorado Springs July 1-2
Salida Riverside July 15-16
Parker Sept. 23-24
Our shows are very clean and well organized with thoughtful and friendly paid staff to be sure artists and guests have the best experience. Management is by two experienced exhibitor/artists of 35 years so we know how to put on a good show that caters to artists.
Saturday, August 12 - 10:00am to 7:00pm and Sunday, August 13 - 10:00am to 4:00pm
Friday, August 11 - 10am to 6pm. Contact the event director if you are delayed or must set up early Saturday morning and we'll check you in by phone. Overnight security will be on site both Friday and Saturday evenings.
PAYING FEES BY CHECK
Artists can pay jury and/or booth fees by credit card on Zapplication. If paying by check or money order, be sure it will arrive by the deadline.
Payable To: COLORADO EVENT DESIGN
Colorado Event Design, Attn: D. Tullis
7550 S. Blackhawk St. Unit #11-201 (it will be returned without Unit #)
Englewood, CO 80112EVENT SET UP DATE / SECURITY
Free E-Books for artist exhibitors: www.thecreativesbestfriend.com These 4 free e-books are guides to develop a business plan, festival selling, and preparing jury images and exhibitor booth.
INSURANCE & TAX LICENSE
Exhibitors are required to have: Colorado Special Events Tax LIcense and Exhibitor Insurance (see below).
The Colorado Special Events Tax License, is $8. Forms are available online at: www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/DR0589.pdf
Insurance is available from www.ACTinsurance.com You can obtain the insurance for $39 for one show or multiple shows for $89. Our shows are registered with them and its an easy procedure. The Certificate Holder is Colorado Event Design. The address is 7550 S. Blackhawk St. #11201, Englewood CO 80112.
Artists with special needs will find a space in the Zapplication questions section where comments can be made or contact the Festival Director directly.
Request FREE E-Books for exhibiting artists published by The Creative's Best Friend for Colorado Event Design.
They are available at www.thecreativesbestfriendcom
Artists that have work that does not adhere to the following categories are encouraged to contact the Festival Director directly at email@example.com to request consideration. Artists are required to display work that is of the quality and descriptions that the jury views for acceptance to the show.
WAITLIST An artist may be placed in the "Wait List" category in this case: if an artist is accepted by the jury but another artist has also been accepted with very similar work, the artist with the earlier application date will be invited and the 2nd later application artist will be waitlisted. If the invited artist with the earlier application declines their invitation to exhibit the waitlisted artist will be notified immediately after the purchase deadline and will have 7 days to accept and pay their booth fees.
If unable to check in during posted hours, call the Festival Director to notify of arrival time so we can do a "phone check in" and give booth number and location and make arrangements with security.
Ceramics: Original clay work other than jewelry is accepted in this category. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed each piece must be signed. Exhibitors may display both functional and sculptural.
Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image, or the manipulation of other source material, was executed by the artist using a computer. Wall displayed work in this category must be in limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials, with the exception of bin artworks (see Rules of Show.) Traditional photographs taken through a digital media should apply in the photography category.
Drawing: Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayon, etc. or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.)
Fiber: Work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, knitting, crochet, felting, tatting, embroidery, tapestry, quilts, rugs.
Glass: Original glass and mass produced glassware that is hand decorated by the exhibitor are permitted. Glass jewelry may be exhibited but be only 10% of overall inventory displayed. This is not a jewelry category.
Graphics and Printmaking: Printed works for which the artist's hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.)
Jewelry: No commercial casts, molds or mass produced jewelry.
Leather: Art works hand crafted from leather. If fasteners are used they must be of quality material and be included in the images.
Metalworks: Includes all sculpural and non-sculptural, metal art.
Mixed Media: Includes works, both 2D and 3D, that incorporate more than one type of physical material to produce.
Painting: Works created in oils, acrylics, and watercolor and encaustic. Reproductions in the form of quality gicleés are permitted and must be hand signed by the artist.
Paper: Original, hand made paper, paper artworks and objects made of paper. Decorations, handles and bases may be manufactured and must be of good quality and represented in the images.
Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist's original image, which have been processed by that artist, or under his or her direct supervision, are included in this category. Commercial works may be displayed on a small free standing table in portfolio form only. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.) Bin art must be shrink wrapped and marked with permanent ink.
Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work created in any medium.
Wearable Art: Original works that are made by hand. Premanufactured articles of clothing that are decorated in an artistic manner is allowed and will be invited according to jury discretion..
Wood: Original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved.
Artisan Crafter: Agricultural products, gourmet items, freshly prepared foods, bakeries, beverages (non alcoholic), bath/body, health/wellness, flowers and garden, pet items, children's clothing and toys. Please note: all edible items for sale must be packaged for consumption. All items in this category will be juried for professional presentation of products and booth. If your category is not listed contact the Festival Director for consideration.
RULES OF SHOW
Please read all rules carefully ~ your paid booth fee is an indication that you agree and we appreciate your cooperation in supporting rules that are fair for everyone.
1. ARTWORK All work must be original, handcrafted work; some decorated mass produced items will be allowed (see Art Categories). Reproductions are allowed but must adhere to Rules of Show description (see item 6.); and must be signed and shrink wrapped. All 2D work that is displayed on booth walls must be framed, matted or stretched; and must be original work or quality giclee’ prints.
2. EXECUTION All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist or under direct supervision of the artist.
3. COLLABORATION | DECLARED WORK No more than two artists may collaborate on artworks exhibited in one category. Both names must be included on the application. Only 10% of the total body of work exhibited may be other than the declared category. Example: a “Sculpture” category exhibitor that wants to display their paintings may use up to 10% of their booth space for paintings. Up to 2 exhibitors may share a booth and each exhibitors must submit an application with required images.
4. COMMISSIONS No commissions are collected. Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and reporting all taxes.
5. REPRESENTATION Artist must be present with their work for the entire two days of the festival. Representatives may not attend in place of the artist; exception may be made with pre-approval by the Festival Director.
6. ADHERENCE TO CATEGORY Artists may only show work in categories and the style of exhibited items must represent the body of work selected by the Jury. All work exhibited must be of the quality, category and body of work of that shown in the images juried.
7. REPRODUCTIONS | PRINTS Prints must be signed, matted and sealed in shrink wrap. Prints and cards must be presented in Artist’s bins or other attractive form of containment. Reproductions of original artworks in all categories are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that the jury has accepted.
8. CHECK IN | CO EVENT LICENSE Check-in must be by individual artist, exceptions can be made with reasonable explanation, with assurance that the Artist will be on site during the hours of the show. A valid Colorado Special Event Tax License and proof of show liability insurance must be shown and on record at check in. Exhibitors will be allowed to set up (see Rule #15). Exhibitors are required to remain set up until 4pm on Sunday. No early breakdowns will be allowed.
9. GROUND STAKES | WEIGHTS No stakes are allowed on the park grounds. Booth sandbags or other appropriate wind resistance is required as a safety precaution. A minimum weight of 40 lbs. per corner pole is required. No cement blocks may be used for weights. Do not leave a tent that is set up, unweighted for any reason. You will be asked to leave the festival if your booth is not secured; no refund will be issued.
10. BOOTHS | NON-BOOTHS All exhibitors must have covered booths with zipper sidewalls and weights with the exception of those who display artworks that have the weight to resist wind gusts. Call the Festival Director (phone number 303.916.5711) to discuss display details if you are planning to exhibit without a booth. If your display setup is not considered secure you may be asked to take appropriate measures. Management is strict about enforcing this rule so that damage does not occur to neighboring booths.
11. UNLOADING VEHICLE Exhibitors will be required to move their vehicles as soon as the booth materials are unloaded and taken to booth. During the festival vehicles may be parked in neighborhoods at least 2 blocks away from the park so there will be convenient guest parking. There is RV parking within sight and easy walking distance of the festival site. Park rules prohibit driving on the grass for any reason.
12. STORAGE SPACE Exhibitors will be given 2'x10' space to store additional artworks. Storage behind the booths is adequate but limited and storage must be kept visually appealing. Exhibitors may be asked by festival hosts to tidy their area.
13. NON-JURIED WORK Artists may display commercial samples of their works that have not been juried in portfolio form only and in a space no larger than approximately 24” x 30.”
14. SECURITY Security officers will patrol the festival site between the hours of 7pm and 8am. Items left in the booths must be boxed or covered securely. Artists are responsible for proper insurance and protection of work, booth and display. Colorado Event Design, LLC; Danna Tullis and Clyde Tullis; and the City of Denver and Sloan’s Lake Park grounds management is not responsible for lost or stolen items, or for damage to work or booth and display due to weather or unrelated incidents.
15. BREAKDOWN | EXIT Booth displays are to remain intact until Sunday at 4pm. Breakdown of booth may begin at 4pm. Vehicles may be brought to the South parking lot after food vendors have left. Exhibitors are required to leave their space clean and free of debris when exiting the park. No driving of vehicles is allowed on the grass.
16. REFUND POLICY Show policy is “Rain or Shine”. In the case of unexpected “Acts of God” or unforseen situations that force an event cancellation by producers/City of Denver, no refunds will be issued. Artists will be given first priority for following year and a jury fee waiver will be issued.
17. IMAGE USE PERMISSION Images submitted for jury, and photos and videos of the exhibitor, their artworks and booth during the event may be used to promote events produced by Colorado Event Design, LLC. Such images and videos will not be used for any other purpose.
19. After booth fee payment is received refunds will not be granted. In the event of an "Act of God" or an unforseen situation occurs that forces a cancellation by Colorado Event Design or the City of Salida, exhibitors will be issued a 2018 "Acceptance Guarantee" that will assure their jury acceptance and a jury fee discount coupon.
10x10 Artist Exhibitor Booth: $395 / 10x15: $575 / 10x20: $750
Corner: $50 / Electricity: n/a / Shared Booth: $150
Shared booth info: Artists who wish to share a booth must be juried individually. Upon acceptance of the jury invitation, purchase (1) booth and (1) shared artist fee.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|