APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
MMoCA Art & Gift Fair
Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
Madison, Wisconsin (Midwest)
Event Dates: 11/18/17 - 11/19/17
Application Deadline: 7/31/17 Midnight CST
98 day(s) and 8 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee (Non-refundable)): $30.00
The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art is pleased to announce an open call for entries for the MMoCA Art & Gift Fair, to be held Saturday, November 18 and Sunday, November 19, 2017 in Madison, Wisconsin.
Formerly known as the Holiday Art Fair, the MMoCA Art & Gift Fair will feature an even wider array of fine art and craft, handmade items, and gourmet treats for sale than ever before. The event will take place throughout MMoCA and Overture Center for the Arts spaces over two days, and will serve as the kick off to a new downtown Madison celebration. Guests to the fair will enjoy shopping at nearly 100 booths, designer vignettes, holiday "selfie booths", a silent auction, performances by local art organizations, and the popular Rediscovered Treasures Sale. This festive event is one of MMoCA’s most important annual fundraisers, providing crucial support for exhibitions and education programming.
The MMoCA Art & Gift Fair will feature fine art and craft, handmade items, and gourmet food vendors throughout MMoCA and Overture Center for the Arts. Occuring the weekend before Thanksgiving, the event will serve as the kick off to a new downtown Madison celebration, which will include holiday lights, trolley rides and more. Guests to the fair will enjoy shopping and designer vignettes, along with live music and dance performances.
July 31: Zapp Application deadline
August 9: Notice of jury results will be sent by email
August 31: Booth fee due
September 8: Last day for cancellation with refund
November 17: Exhibitor load-in and set-up
November 18: MMoCA Art & Gift Fair, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm (Note: Planning in progress, Saturday hours could shift very slightly.)
November 19: MMoCA Art & Gift Fair, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
2017 JURY - TBA
Submit five images, four that are representative of your work and one that clearly shows your booth. Artwork will be evaluated on the criteria of skill, originality, impact, and design. Artwork shown in your booth shot should be representative of your current work. Your name and residential information is not provided to jurors.
Jury Fee*: $30
Booth Fee**: 6' x 10' $265; 10' x 10' $310;
Double Booth Fee***: 10' x 20' $640
*Jury Fees: Once you have submitted an application, you will be entered into the jury pool. If you wish to withdraw your application before the jury date, you will still be responsible for this fee. All jury fees will be deposited by the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art upon receipt.
**Booth Fees: Upon acceptance, the deadline for booth payment is 8/31/2017. Please do not send a booth fee payment until you have been invited to the show.
***Only (2) two double spaces will be available for the 2017 fair. These two double spaces will be awarded based on the strength of jury score.
1. Complete the Zapplication entry form. MMoCA is no longer accepting paper applications for this art fair.
2. Fees: Checks should be made payable to Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
a. Jury fee: $30 (nonrefundable)
b. Booth fees: $265 for a 6' x 10' booth OR $310 for a 10' x 10' booth OR $640 for a 10' x 20' booth.
4. Submit five (5) images: Four (4) images representative of the work you intend to sell; and one (1) image of your booth. Include item name, media, size, and price for each piece.
5. Provide a statement describing your process, technique, and/or materials. Maximum 50 words. This statement will be provided to the jurors.
Please review the following MMoCA Art & Gift Fair category definitions. MMoCA reserves the right to re-categorize an artist's application / submission. Chose a category in which you wish your images to be judged:
Questions? Contact Annik Dupaty, Director of Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-257-0158 x229.
1. The MMoCA Art & Gift Fair is open to all exhibitors 18 years of age and older.
2. All work must be original, handcrafted work. Artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands.
3. All works on display must be for sale. We recommend exhibitors bring a range of items to accommodate the gift shopper, the casual buyer and the fine art collector.
4. All sales will be conducted between the artist and purchaser. Artists are responsible for obtaining a State of Wisconsin seller’s permit and for collecting and paying Wisconsin sales tax on all sales made during the MMoCA Art & Gift Fair.
5. Each exhibitor’s work may be screened by staff and jurors during MMoCA Art & Gift Fair. Artists whose work does not comply with the rules, or differs from the artwork images submitted, will be asked to leave. The judgment of the staff will be final, and no refunds will be given.
6. Artists must be present to exhibit and manage their displays during the MMoCA Art & Gift Fair. Artists are limited to the booth space they were assigned. Booth spaces are non-transferable. Any artist who has not been juried into the Fair, or has not paid the jury and booth fees, will not be allowed to exhibit.
7. Booth spaces are 6' x 10' or 10' x 10' or 10' x 20' and cost $265, $310 and $640 respectively. Artists may request their preferred booth size, but quantities are limited. Upon request artists may rent 6' tables for $15 each and 10' x10' sections of pipe and drape for $50. Quantities are limited. Chairs can be provided at no charge. Electricity will be available for every booth at no charge.
8. All exhibitors will set up booths on Friday, November 17, 2017.
9. Artists must provide written notice of cancellation by 11:59 p.m. on 9/8/2017 to receive a booth fee refund minus a $50 cancellation processing fee. Artists canceling after 9/8/2017 will not receive a refund. No exceptions will be made.
10. If accepted, you agree to the use of your images for promotional purposes unless you notify us in writing otherwise before October 31, 2017.
11. Funds raised at the MMoCA Art & Gift Fair support the museum and its ongoing programs and exhibitions at the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art.
12. If MMoCA or Overture Center staff members or volunteers find that an exhibiting artist has caused damage to MMoCA or Overture Center for the Arts property, that artist will be held responsible and will be invoiced following the event. The artist in question will not be allowed to participate in any MMoCA events or art fairs until the invoice for the damage has been paid.
13. All exhibited work must be original in concept and must have been created by the accepted applicant. No work made with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, stencils, or prefabricated forms may be exhibited. No buy/sell. Offset reproductions of original art may be sold, but must not comprise more than 20% of exhibited work or occupy more than 20% of a booth space. Buy/sell is not permitted.
Booth Spaces are 6' x 10' or 10' x 10' or 10' x 20' and cost $265, $310 and $640 respectively. Artists may request their preferred booth size, but quantities are limited. Upon request artists may rent 6' tables for $15 each and 10' x10' sections of pipe and drape for $50. Quantities are limited. Chairs can be provided at no charge. Electricity will be available for every booth at no charge.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW