BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Kensington Metropark Art Fair 2017
Milford, Michigan (Midwest)
Show Dates: 5/27/17 - 5/29/17
Application Deadline: 3/20/17 Midnight AKST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Join us for the premier of the Kensington Metropark Art Fair. The park is one of the most popular parks in Southeast Michigan and is centered in one of the wealthiest areas, Oakland County. The park features an 18-hole regulation golf course, nature center, swimming, and hiking trails. Two and a half million people visit the park annually.
The inaugural show offers dedicated parking right next to the event and is limited to 75 booths. Integrity Shows uses a three-year jury system. Artists are guaranteed a space for 3 years provided they apply by the deadline and abide by the show rules. We have a major campaign in place to attract qualified higher end art collectors.
Please note- Kensington Metro Park requires an annual or a daily pass for each vehicle. If you do not have a Metropark pass, you may purchase one when you get to the gate. The fee is $35 for an annual pass or $10 daily for a day pass. A separate pass is required for each vehicle.
Integrity Shows works hard to earn your trust. Artists rank us high for service, for marketing, and for results. We feature artwork as the focus of our marketing.
24 Hour security on site.
ART FAIR RULES
The following are the rules applicable to your participation in the art fair. You may participate in the art fair only in accordance with these rules. No other document, including your purchase orders or similar documents (even if signed or acknowledged by Integrity Shows), shall modify these rules. If you do not agree with or abide by these rules, you may not participate in the art fair.
1. Your work must be original and created by you as the artist. If we have reason to believe that your work is not original and created by you, we reserve the right to make reasonable inquiry into the origin and authenticity of your work. High-quality prints are acceptable as long as they were included in your application. If you fail to cooperate in our investigation or if we determine that your work is not original and created by you (e.g., if the work was created by another artist and purchased for resale by you at the art fair), you may, at your election, either (a) immediately and completely exit the fair without refund, or (b) remain at the fair but re-classified as a "commercial" booth, the rent for which will be adjusted to the commercial rate of $2500. If you elect to re-classify your booth, the difference between your initial rent payment and the adjusted commercial rent will be immediately due and payable.
2. Your work may only be in the medium and styles as presented to and accepted during the application process. This includes a proportional representation of the medium and styles presented to and accepted.
3. You must provide your own tent and display as presented in the application process. All tents must be staked or have a minimum of forty (40) pounds of weight securely attached to each corner.
4. Electricity is not available.
5. Your booth area will be designated by lines or other demarcation. Your tent and displays must remain in the booth area assigned to you at all times.
6. You may not share a booth unless all artists sharing the booth have been accepted by the jury and prior arrangements for sharing have been made and accept by us.
7. All art must be available for sale. You acknowledge and agree that you are required by law to collect and remit Michigan sales taxes. Call the Treasury Department, (517) 373-0888, to register.
8. Integrity Shows reserves the right to cancel your acceptance to the art fair at any time prior to the show with no further obligation to you except a refund of your previously paid booth fees (if any).
9. You authorize us to use your name, image, and likeness, as well as representative samples of your work, for purposes of promoting and advertising the art fair.
10. You may cancel your participation at the art fair at any time and for any reason. If we receive your cancellation before April 15, 2017, you will be entitled to a full refund. Refunds will be made within 30 days after receipt. If we receive your cancellation between April 16 and May 1, you will be entitled to a credit in the amount of your fees which may be applied to the next Kensington Art Fair. No refunds after May 1, 2017.
11. Your booth must remain open during all event hours. At least one of the artists listed on your application must be present during the event.
12. You acknowledge the inherent risks associated with outdoor, public displays of your artwork . YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROPER INSURANCE AND PROTECTION OF YOUR WORK AND SETUP. Integrity Shows and its partners are not responsible for loss or damage. You must list the following with a minimum coverage of $1 million. "Integrity Shows Inc., Box 21667, Detroit, MI 48221; Huron-Clinton Metroparks,13000 High Ridge Drive, Brighton, MI 48114-9058." Please contact us if you need assistance in obtaining annual or show specific insurance coverage.
13. The show will be held unless the event management (or city or municipal official) determines that there is a threat to safety. If show hours are reduced or the event is canceled there is no refund.
14. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Kensington Art Fair, Integrity Shows Inc, and The Huron-Clinton Metroparks for for any damages.
15. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time with prior written notice to you. You acknowledge that the venue may have rules of its own and agree to abide by those rules as well.
16. Kensington Metro Park requires an annual or a daily pass for each vehicle. If you do not have a Metropark pass, you may purchase one when you get to the gate. The fee is $35 for an annual pass or $10 daily for a day pass. A separate pass is required for each vehicle.
Standard booths are 10x10 - $295
Booth and a half are 15x10 - $445
Double booths 20x10 - $590
Electricity is not available.
Corner spaces require an additional $75 fee.
POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL FEES:
A Metropark permit is required for all motor vehicles. The permit is non-transferable and specific to a single vehicle. It is valid for access and parking at all 13 Huron-Clinton Metroparks in Michigan. If you do not currently have a pass you must purchase one when you arrive. The rates are $10 for a daily pass; $35 for an annual pass; $21 annual pass for Seniors (age 62+) This fee is in addition to your booth rental.
You are required to have liability insurance. If you need a policy we can refer you. Fees are paid directly to the insurance company and run about $39 per show, or you can get an annual policy for under $300. We like www.actinsurance.com for price and simplicity though you are free to choose any policy you choose.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|