APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Summer Arts Festival 2017
Fir Grove Park - Umpqua Valley Arts Center
Roseburg, Oregon (West)
Show Dates: 6/23/17 - 6/25/17
Application Deadline: 6/1/17 Midnight PST
70 day(s) and 14 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $10.00
Summer Arts Festival
FRIDAY: 12 PM – 9 PM | SATURDAY: 10 AM – 9 PM | SUNDAY: 10 AM – 4 PM
ADMISSION: $3/person | Families: $10 | Children under 6: Free
UVAA is proud to present our 49th Annual Summer Arts Festival. Situated in Roseburg’s beautiful Fir Grove Park, the festival celebrates the Land of Umpqua’s abundant creative talent, and attracts thousands of visitors each day.
Our Visitors Enjoy:
Bring your friends, listen to some great music, grab a bite to eat at the McMenamins Food Court, and browse the artwork & crafts of over 120 local artisans. Perfect for families to spend a summer day together having fun!
This event is brought to you by UVAA Volunteers, staff, sponsors and the SAF Committee.
The Arts Festival Artisan Marketplace can accommodate up to 130 fine artists and craftspeople from
around the country. Artists offer work in a wide variety of juried mediums including painting,
ceramics, glass, jewelry, wood, photography, fiber, metal and more. In addition to the Artisan
Marketplace, the McMenamins Food Court features 10 or more food vendors plus beer and wine.
Free performances by regional acts will be presented on both the Family and Main Stages. This three
day Arts Festival hosts at least 12,000 people over the course of the weekend. We are dedicated to
providing you, the exhibiting artist, the support needed to experience an enjoyable and profitable
There will be awards given to the top three booths, so go all out to impress and it will pay off. There will be first, second, and third place award winners announced on Sunday.
Festival Dates & Hours:
The dates of the Festival are Friday, June 23, 2017 from Noon until 8pm, Saturday, June 24, 2017
from 10am to 8pm and Sunday, June 25, 2017 from 10am to 4pm. The McMenamins Food Court
and entertainment on the Main Stage will remain open until 9:00pm on Friday and Saturday nights
and Sunday afternoon until 4pm.
Only works of art created by the artist juried in as an exhibitor at the Summer Arts Festival may be displayed or offered for sale. All work exhibited must be hand-crafted, original and produced by the vendor artist. Reproductions are allowed, but content/image/object must be original work made by artist/vendor. Only work in the medium category(s) into which the artist is juried may be shown and sold. Work must be comparable in size, scope, style and quality to the work that was pictured in photos submitted for jury.
The artist guarantees the authenticity and the accuracy of the descriptions of the works presented. Works beyond the scope or medium represented by slides or photos originally submitted for the jury process will be prohibited from exhibition. For example, an artist accepted in the medium category of ceramics would not be allowed to also exhibit jewelry, unless both were juried in and accepted in advance.
Exhibitor’s name, logo, biographical information and business cards may be displayed, as well as information about gallery representation. No other cards, ribbons, catalogues, brochures, fliers, posters or publicity materials (that are not related to the artist or the artist’s juried works) may be displayed.
Summer Arts Festival committee members will be doing daily rounds to view artist booths to ensure that all the artwork on display during the weekend has been juried into the event and handmade by the individual artist. This assures each artist vendor of the Summer Arts Festival meets the quality standards that all expect.
Artists may not let or sublet their booths either entirely or partially, with or without charge. Work of individuals other than those juried and accepted and specified in the artist’s application for entry may not be exhibited or advertised in the booth. By doing this the exhibiting artist risks forfeiting participation in the Festival.
GENERAL FESTIVAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
IMPORTANT NOTES - No Exceptions to the following
• There is a non-refundable application fee of $10 upon your submission through ZAPP.
• Artists who register by March 15, 2017 will receive the early-bird registration rate of $155 for UVAA
members and $190 for non-members. **First Round of Acceptance Letters will be sent out before March 21**
• After March 15, booth fees are $170 for UVAA members and $205 for non-members. Deadline for all registrations is June 1, 2017.
• Cancellation and Withdrawal: UVAA Charges a $25 fee for vendor cancellation. No refunds are issued after June 1, 2017
• Sales Tax: There is no sales tax in Oregon.
• Art vendors are advised not to begin set-up until Friday beginning at 7am. Absolutely no set up sooner
than Thursday at 4pm (limited security). There is no security on-site until Friday night. Set up must be
completed by 11am sharp Friday.
• No vehicles allowed on the grass areas within the Artist Booth areas of the park.
• Artist vendor booths are required to remain open and available for Arts Festival patrons until the 8pm
closing on Friday and Saturday, and 4pm on Sunday; no exceptions.
• No more than two artists permitted to share one booth. Exhibitors can select their preference for booth
location from the festival site map. Booths will be assigned on a first come, first served basis once
application is received with payment.
• Each booth space accommodates a 10 feet deep by 10 feet wide booth tent.
• Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own booth structures with canopies, racks, chairs, tables,
display units or other fixtures suitable for outdoor use. All artwork must remain inside the booth area.
• Artists are encouraged to make their work in front of the attendees, within their booths. Be prepared
for any inclement weather with appropriate rain covers, tie-downs and weights etc. Direct sun can be a
factor as well, since most booths are in direct sun or only partial shade.
• Booths A-G are allocated for Artist Demos. Vendors may also sell their products from these booths. If you are interested in demonstrating your craft, please submit a demo schedule to the Gallery Manager (email@example.com) in order to be considered for this area. Don't forget to indicate which booth letter you would like in the demo area when you apply.
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW