APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Colorado Springs Art & Music Festival 2017
America The Beautiful Park, 126 Cimino Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Colorado Springs, Colorado (West)
Event Dates: 7/1/17 - 7/2/17
Application Deadline: 6/3/17 Midnight MST
35 day(s) and 21 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee/Application): $35.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Exhibitors love America The Beautiful Park, in downtown Colorado Springs at the foot of the majestic mountain Pikes Peak, gateway to the Rocky Mountains. The festival features 75 national and local artists, live music stage, food & beverage vendors, kids activities, and commercial vendors. The music acts are sound monitored so artists are comfortable conducting business.
Good changes this year! Free admission / 2 days - not 3 / fast check in / no perimeter fencing issues / Sat. am set up ok!
EVENT PUBLIC HOURS
Saturday, July 1 10:00am - 7:00pm | Sunday, July 2 - 10:00am to 4:00pm
PAYING FEES BY CHECK
Artists can pay jury and/or booth fees by credit card on Zapplication. If paying by check or money order, be sure it will arrive by the deadline.
Payable To: COLORADO EVENT DESIGN
Colorado Event Design, Attn: D. Tullis
7550 S. Blackhawk St. Unit #11-201 (it will be returned without Unit #)
Englewood, CO 80112
EVENT SET UP DATE / LATE ARRIVALS
Friday, June 30 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Artists are encouraged to email their Insurance Certificate and Special Event Tax license to the Festival Director, a week before the festival, so artists' check in can be quick and efficient. If unable to set up during posted times, please call the Festival Director to notify of arrival time and we will “phone check-in” and give your booth number and location, and make arrangements with security. Call 303-916-5711.
Please note: The park perimeter will not be fenced this year, making check in and load out easier for exhibitors - and the public admission is free this year.
This is an outdoor festival located at America The Beautiful Park at the corner of a busy downtown intersection, on a beautiful flat grass lawn. Artists provide their own tent, side walls and weights. The show will feature 75 national and local artist exhibitors, live music stage, food & beverage vendors, kids activity booth, and commercial vendors. The music acts are chosen to be complimentary to artist's conducting sales, and the stage sound is monitered. Free exhibitor vehicle parking, including RV parking is within one block from the festival. The event is free to the public.
Overnight security will be on site both Friday and Saturday evenings.
Free E-Books for exhibitors: thecreativesbestfriend.com These are 4 free e-books produced by Colorado Event Design that are guides to develop a business plan, festival selling, and preparing jury images and exhibitor booth. They are free anyone can request them.
JURY IMAGE PREPARATION | TUTORIAL
Artists must submit 4 artwork images and 1 booth image. Artwork is to be of individual artwork and free of any other items such as decorative background or accents, etc. The only exception is if scale of artwork is shown with the addition. Booth images are to be of artwork only with no signage, people or animals. Please take into consideration your images will be displayed on a computer monitor during the jury process and jurors will score professionalism of image and you will be competing with professional exhibitors for limited space in your category.
Image Tutorial: If you do not have professional images, submit your very best and review the Zapplication Image Preparation tips found at Zapplication.org > Help > Image Formatting. www.zapplication.org/imaging_tips.phtml
TAX LICENSE | CITY TAX REMITTANCE | INSURANCE
Exhibitors are required to have: Colorado Special Events Tax License and Exhibitor Insurance (see below).
The Colorado Special Events Tax License, is $8. Forms are available online at: www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/DR0589.pdf
Retail Tax License Holder: The CO Dept. of Revenue has instructed us that all artists must provide this additional license. It is free (as of this published date) from the CO Dept. of Revenue, if a retail tax license has been issued to an exhibitor for their business. Please contact the CO Dept. of Revenue directly if more information is needed.
Exhibitor's liablility insurance is required and is available from www.ACTinsurance.com for $39 for one show (and multiple show insurance is available). Our shows are registered with ACT and it's an easy online procedure.
The Insurance Certificate Holder is:
City of Parker and Colorado Event Design, 7550 S. Blackhawk St. #11201, Englewood CO 80112.
Artists with special needs will find a space in the Zapplication questions section where comments can be made or contact the Festival Director directly.
Request FREE E-Books for exhibiting artists published by The Creative's Best Friend for Colorado Event Design.
They are available at www.thecreativesbestfriendcom
WAITLIST An artist may be placed in the "Wait List" category in this case: if an artist is accepted by the jury but another artist has also been accepted with very similar work, the artist with the earlier application date will be invited and the 2nd later application artist will be waitlisted. If the invited artist with the earlier application declines their invitation to exhibit the waitlisted artist will be notified immediately after the purchase deadline and will have 7 days to accept and pay their booth fees.
Artists that have work that is different than the following categories are encouraged to contact the Festival Director at email@example.com to request consideration. Artists are required to display work that is of the quality and descriptions that the jury views for acceptance to the show.
Ceramics: Original clay work other than jewelry is accepted in this category. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed each piece must be signed. Exhibitors may display both functional and sculptural.
Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image, or the manipulation of other source material, was executed by the artist using a computer. Wall displayed work in this category must be in limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials, with the exception of bin artworks (see Rules of Show.) Traditional photographs taken through a digital media should apply in the photography category.
Drawing: Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayon, etc. or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.)
Fiber: Work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, knitting, crochet, felting, tatting, embroidery, tapestry, quilts, rugs.
Glass: Original glass and mass produced glassware that is hand decorated by the exhibitor are permitted. Glass jewelry may be exhibited but be only 10% of overall inventory displayed. This is not a jewelry category.
Graphics and Printmaking: Printed works for which the artist's hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.)
Jewelry: No commercial casts, molds or mass produced jewelry.
Leather: Art works hand crafted from leather. If fasteners are used they must be of quality material and be included in the images.
Metalworks: Includes all sculpural and non-sculptural, metal art.
Mixed Media: Includes works, both 2D and 3D, that incorporate more than one type of physical material to produce.
Other: If artwork is other than the listed categories.
Painting: Works created in oils, acrylics, and watercolor and encaustic. Reproductions in the form of quality gicleés are permitted and must be hand signed by the artist.
Paper: Original, hand made paper, paper artworks and objects made of paper. Decorations, handles and bases may be manufactured and must be of good quality and represented in the images.
Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist's original image, which have been processed by that artist, or under his or her direct supervision, are included in this category. Commercial works may be displayed on a small free standing table in portfolio form only. Reproductions are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that jury has accepted (see Rules of Show.) Bin art must be shrink wrapped and marked with permanent ink.
Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work created in any medium.
Wearable Art: Original works that are made by hand. Premanufactured articles of clothing that are decorated in an artistic manner is allowed and will be invited according to jury discretion..
Wood: Original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved.
Artisan Crafter: Agricultural products, gourmet items, freshly prepared foods, bakeries, beverages (non alcoholic), bath/body, health/wellness, flowers and garden, pet items, children's clothing and toys. Please note: all edible items for sale must be packaged for consumption. All items in this category will be juried for professional presentation of products and booth. If your category is not listed contact the Festival Director for consideration.
RULES OF SHOW
Please read all rules carefully ~ your paid booth fee is an indication that you understand and will abide by all rules of show1. All work must be original, handcrafted work. Reproductions of original works are allowed and must be hand signed on the artwork and shrink wrapped. All two-dimensional work that is displayed on booth walls must be framed, matted or stretched; and must be original work or quality giclee’ prints.
2. All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist or under direct supervision of the artist.
3. No more than two artists may collaborate on artworks exhibited in one category. Both names must be included on the application. Only 25% of the total body of work exhibited may be other than the declared category. Example: a “Sculpture” category exhibitor that wants to display their paintings may use up to 25% of their booth space for paintings. Up to 2 exhibitors may share a booth and each exhibitors must submit an application with required images.
4. No commissions are collected. Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and reporting all taxes. Exhibitors will not be allowed to set up their booth unless the required license has been received.
5. Artist must be present with their work for the entire two days of the festival. Representatives may not attend in place of the artist; exception may be made if there are extenuating circumstances that are to be submitted to the Festival Director.
6. Artists may only show work in categories and the style of exhibited items must represent the body of work selected by the Jury. All work exhibited must be of the quality, category and body of work of that shown in the images juried.
7. Prints must be signed, matted and sealed in shrink wrap. Prints and cards must be presented in Artist’s bins or other attractive form of containment. Reproductions of original artworks in all categories are allowed and must be of the Artists original work and the quality that the jury has accepted.
8. Check-in must be by individual artist, exceptions can be made with reasonable explanation, with assurance that the Artist will be on site during the hours of the show. A photo ID (drivers license or other) and vehicle license number will be required to check in. Current tax and show license information must be on record before Exhibitors will be allowed to set up. Exhibitors are required to maintain their booth set up until 3pm on Sunday.
9. No stakes are allowed in the park. Booth sandbags or other appropriate wind resistance is required as a safety precaution. Booths must be weighted at each support post with a minimum of 60# weights per post. Plastic containers must be of professional quality or covered attractively. No cement blocks are allowed to be used as booth weights. Booth may not be left unattended unless it is secured with the secured weights. If it is, staff will lower or dismantle the booth. If your booth is not secured according to these Rules of Show exhibitor will be required to leave the show to obtain the weights.
10. All exhibitors must have covered booths with the exception of those who display artworks that have the weight to resist wind gusts. Exhibitors must notify the Festival Director to discuss display if are planning to exhibit without a booth. If your display setup is not considered secure you may be asked to take appropriate measures. We want to be fair to all exhibitors by enforcing this rule so that damage does not occur to neighboring booths.
11. Exhibitors will be required to move their vehicles promptly after unloading exhibit materials so that another exhibitor can unload.
12. Exhibitors will be given space to store additional artworks to replenish those sold. Storage behind the booths is adequate but limited and storage must be kept visually appealing. Exhibitors may be asked by festival hosts to tidy their area.
13. Artists may display commercial samples of their works that have not been juried in portfolio form only and in a space no larger than approximately 24” x 30.”
14. Security officers will patrol the festival site between the hours of 7pm and 7am. Items left in the booths must be boxed or covered securely. Artists are responsible for proper insurance and protection of work, booth and display. Colorado Event Design, LLC and the City of Salida and its employees is not responsible for lost or stolen items, or for damage to work or booth and display due to weather or unrelated incidents.
15. Exhibitors are required to leave their space clean and free of debris when exiting the park at the end of the show.
16. Show policy is “Rain or Shine”. In the case of unexpected “Acts of God” or unforeseen situations that prevent the event being held, no refunds or waivers will be issued.
17. Images submitted for jury, and photos and videos of the exhibitor, their artworks and booth during the event may be used to promote events produced by by Colorado Event Design, LLC. Such images and videos will not be used for any other purpose.
18. Under special circumstances only, on a case by case basis, an exhibitor may request that a representative be allowed to stand in for the artist during the festival hours.
19. After booth fee payment is received refunds will not be granted. In the event of an "Act of God" or an unforseen situation occurs that forces a cancellation by Colorado Event Design or the City of Salida, exhibitors will be issued a 2018 "Acceptance Guarantee" that will assure their jury acceptance and a jury fee discount coupon.
JURY FEE $35
10x10: $395 | 10x15: $560 | 10x20: $750 | Shared Booth (limit 2 exhibitors): Add $150 | Corner site: add $50
Electricity: not available.
Shared booth info: Artists may share a booth and must be juried individually. Each applicant will be notified individually. Upon acceptance of the jury invitation, one artist should purchase (1) booth and (1) shared artist fee.
Contact the Festival Director for information about late applications. They will be reviewed and sent to jury if there is availability in the category. Email: Dannatullis1@gmail.com
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW