APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Salt Fork Festival 2017
Cambridge City Park
Cambridge, Ohio (Midwest)
Event Dates: 8/11/17 - 8/13/17
Application Deadline: 6/15/17 Midnight EST
53 day(s) and 17 hour(s) remaining
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee (for Artists New to SFACF)): $20.00
The Salt Fork Arts & Crafts Festival (also known as The Salt Fork Festival) is one of the longest-running and most widely anticipated events in Guernsey County each year. Join us in the beautiful Cambridge City Park as we celebrate our 48th year August 11 to 13, 2017. There is something for everyone visiting the Festival, including high-quality and original artwork, live music and performing arts throughout the Festival, special art classes conducted for young visitors, Heritage Arts and demonstrations, and concessionaires that offer a wide variety of refreshment.
The Salt Fork Festival is a juried festival that showcases high quality art in a variety of mediums, including Appalachian Folk Arts and Crafts. Between 90 and 100 artists come from all over the U.S. for this 3-day event. Students are given the opportunity to display their work, visitors are entertained throughout the weekend by a variety of talented performing artists, and concessionaires offer a variety of foods. Artists are encouraged to demonstrate their artistic process and to interact with Festival visitors. Artists are selected by a distinguished panel of jurors in a variety of mediums, including acrylic, watercolor, pastels, clay, sculpture, photography, drawing, wood, jewelry, metalwork, glass, mixed media and Appalachian Folk Art. Cash prizes are awarded to participating artists.
SALT FORK FESTIVAL
Web Site: www.saltforkfestival.org
Show Dates: 8-11-2017 – 8-13-2017
Application Deadline: 6-15-2017
The Salt Fork Festival is one of the longest-running and most widely anticipated events in Guernsey County each year. Our staff works diligently to develop a welcoming atmosphere for our Booth Artists, including private hospitality area with free water and snacks throughout the Festival, volunteer ambassadors to offer booth sitting, electric vehicle and driver for artists needing assistance to areas of the park.
Application Opens: January 1, 2017
Application Deadline: June 15, 2017
Festival Opens: August 11, 2017 3:00 pm
Festival Closes: August 13, 2017 4:00 pm
Cash prizes are awarded to participating artists.
2017 FESTIVAL HOURS
Friday, August 11 from 3:00 to 8:00
Saturday, August 12 from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Sunday, August 13 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Set-up day is Thurday, August 10, beginning at 8:00 am. The park opens at 8:00 am on Friday for continuting set up. All exhibits must be ready and all vehicles removed by 2 pm Friday.
ARTISTS RULES/SFACF POLICIES
• The Standards Committee of the 2017 Salt Fork Festival will review all artisan booths during the festival. The committee reserves the right to request the removal of any work found to be substandard and not representative of the work submitted for approval or in violation of the rules of the festival. It is the responsibility of the standards committee to reflect the overall purpose of the Ohio Arts & Crafts Foundation to present an annual festival that offers arts and crafts of the highest possible quality.
• A separate application and a minimum of 3 photographic representations are necessary for each medium.
• Artists are encouraged to present periodic demonstrations relating to their arts or crafts and are required to occupy their booths all 3 days of the festival. They must be sole exhibitors unless a co-exhibitor is approved in advance by the jury. Sharing a booth with another artist that is accepted by the jury is allowed.
• Subletting or exchanging of booth location is NOT allowed.
• There is paid security protection provided on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. However, the festival cannot be responsible for property loss or damage. Artist exhibitors should provide their own insurance.
• Exhibitors will be allowed to bring their vehicles into the park for the purpose of unloading their tents and merchandise. After unloading everything they will be required to move their vehicle to the parking area reserved for exhibitors. Exhibitors will be provided with a parking pass. Vehicles are not allowed in the park for any reason during the festival.
• Exhibitors spaces are 10’ x 10’ or 10’ x 20’ or 20’ x 20’. Exhibitors must supply their own tents. • Upon request a Festival Volunteer Ambassador will be provided to sit with your booth for a period not exceeding 20 minutes.
• No alcoholic beverages are allowed at any time during the festival on the festival grounds.
• All exhibitors must have their vendor’s license.
• There will be EMT services available during the days and hours of the Festival.
• Only original work handcrafted the artists and craftsmen listed on the application is permitted. No kits or bazaar items. No commercial advertising is to be done and no commercial art or craft supplies are to be sold by any exhibitor. In specific cases where commercial accessory items are to be sold in conjunction with the art or craft work, it must be clearly stated on the application form. All decisions concerning what accessories are eligible will rest with the Standards Committee.
Jury Fee (Application Fee): $20.00
(A returning artist is not required to be juried in unless his/her medium has changed from the previous Festival.)
Exhibitor’s Booth Fee:
$135.00 for 10 x 10 space if paid in full prior to or on March 31, 2017;
$155.00 for 10 x 10 space if paid on or after April 1, 2017 and on or before June 30, 2017;
$255.00; for 10 x 20 space;
$355.00 for 20 x 20.
All booth fees are to be paid by June 30 unless prior arrangement is made with the Festival committee. In any case, booth fees must be paid in full prior to setting up a booth.
In the event that there are openings remaining after the application deadline, artist applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis until space is filled. Please contact the Festival Director for information after June 1.
Artists can complete an application online through Zapplication, including the Jury Fee of $20.00 (for new artists). You can also visit the Festival Website,www.saltforkfestival.org , and download an application and mail with a check to:
Salt Fork Arts & Crafts Festival
P.O. Box 250
Cambridge, OH 43725
Artists are selected by a distinguished panel of jurors. The submitted images, which will be entered on Zapplication, are viewed by each jury member on separate computer monitors. The image description provided will be made available to the jury. Jury is scored on a scale of 1-5, the top score being 5 and lowest being 1. The jury will judge based upon originality, design and composition, creativity of design, well-conceived and expertly executed work.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW