APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Durango Autumn Arts Festival 2017
Second Avenue in Historic Downtown
Durango, Colorado (West)
Phone: (970) 259-2606, Ext 12
Show Dates: 9/16/17 - 9/17/17
Application Deadline: 5/22/17 Midnight MST
56 day(s) and 7 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Non-refundable 2016 Durango Autumn Arts Festival Jury Fee): $35.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Celebrating 23 years of presenting fine art and fine craft by makers from around the country, this festival takes place amidst the fall colors on quaint Second Avenue in historic downtown Durango, Colorado. The wide avenue, lined with restaurants and a variety of shops, is one block from Main Avenue, a gathering place for shoppers and the thousands of visitors that fill the town each fall.
Organized as a benefit event by and for the Durango Arts Center, the region's premiere non-profit arts organization serving Durango and the Four Corners, the festival is a well-loved and attended community event attracting a large audience throughout the weekend. In 2016, the Festival welcomed an estimated 7600 visitors. Artists and craftspeople report the show is well organized and offers great hospitality and friendly, steady crowds.
Nestled in the foothills of the San Juan Mountains in La Plata County, the area is home to a population of nearly 54,000 permanent and part-time residents. Durango, located only 40 miles from Mesa Verde National Park, a United Nations World Heritage Site, is a destination for arts and culture enthusiasts with a rich history in Native American, Hispanic, and Western pioneering cultures. Historic Durango draws visitors from around the world to ride its famous narrow gauge train, raft the wild Animas River that runs through it, and hike and bike its pristine mountain trails.
AMENITIES: The Durango Autumn Arts Festival is a fine art and fine craft festival with a reputation for fine treatment of artists, ample hospitality and friendly crowds. We offer a Welcome Dinner on Friday night (September 15, 2017) during registration where we wine and dine you and your support staff; complimentary coffee and donuts on Saturday morning during set up; friendly booth sitters; indoor restrooms; and access to drinking water among other amenities.
ADVERTISING: We produce a full color Festival Guide that includes a map with booths locations and an exhibitor list as well as a photo gallery of selected exhibitors' work, which is distributed in over 8500 copies of The Durango Herald the weekend before the festival. The Festival Guide is available at festival sponsor locations as well as at the festival site. The festival is widely publicized on local radio stations, in regional newspapers and magazines in Colorado and New Mexico and through ads and an extended show preview (print and online) in Southwest Art Magazine. An exhibitor catalog on the Durango Arts Center's website previews the Festival artists and craftspeople.
AWARDS: Jurors will select award winners based on their visits to booths on Saturday morning. Awards will be announced on Saturday afternoon from the music stage.
ELIGIBILITY: Participation is limited to 90 exhibitors. One artist/craftsperson per booth, unless more than one artist/craftsperson is collaborating on work. All work submitted must be original fine art or fine craft in concept and design, and executed by the exhibitor present at the festival. Work displayed at the festival must be of the same type, quality, and materials as depicted in the images submitted for jury. All reproductions must be signed and numbered, except for note cards. See Rules/Regulations for additional details.
APPLICATION FEE: A non-refundable application fee of $35 is due for each category entered; i.e., fiber is $35 and jewelry is $35, totaling a $70 application fee. No application will be considered without application fee payment.
JURORS: Jurors are selected based on a high level of involvement in their field, knowledge of fine art and fine craft, and their professional reputations.
WAIT-LIST: All applicants will be scored using a numeric system. The top scoring applicants (up to 10) will be invited to participate. The next highest group of applicants will be placed on the Wait List in ranked order and invited to participate IF/WHEN an invited artist/craftsperson withdraws her or his participation.
SALES TAX: All exhibitors are responsible for purchasing the proper state and local business licenses and collecting & remitting sales tax. Forms are available online at www.durangogov.org and www.colorado.gov.
LODGING: For information on accommodations such as hotels and camping, contact the Durango Area Tourism Office at 1-800-463-8726 or (970) 247-3500 in Colorado; www.durango.org.
1. All work exhibited must be original designs, concepts and execution. Entries are judged by a select group of jurors with diverse backgrounds in art. The Durango Arts Center selects jurors based on their professional reputations, high level involvement in the arts & cultural field, and knowledge of fine art and fine craft.
2. The jurying is based on the following criteria:
3. The festival will not allow the following commercial items to be exhibited: mass produced jewelry; imported crafts; ceramics, metal or plaster casts from molds not made by the artist; clothing either not made or embellished by the artist; and prints that are not signed and numbered by the artist. No Seconds or Buy/Sell. We do not accept body care products, culinary or botanical arts.
4. The Durango Arts Center will determine the final interpretation of commercial status.
5. Artists will display items representative of the work depicted in the digital images submitted in the category they have been accepted. Artists may exhibit only work that is stated in their application and submitted in their images. Any discrepancy will result in the Durango Arts Center exercising its right to remove artists in violation, and no refunds will be granted.
6. Booth assignments are organized according to media distributed evenly through the Festival. Every effort is made to accommodate exhibitors' booth locations requests, though it is not always possible.
7. Artists are responsible for tending their booths and must be present both days of the Festival. Festival hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, September 16 & 17.
8. Each artist is responsible for possession of the proper licenses required by the city and state and collecting and paying sales tax on each sale. Forms are available online at www.durangogov.org and www.colorado.gov.
9. The Durango Arts Center hires professional security services to monitor the festival site from 6 p.m. on Saturday, September 16 to 9 a.m. on Sunday, September 17. Though security is onsite, all booths should be completely closed and all objects removed from sight during Saturday night. The Durango Arts Center is not responsible for loss or damage to exhibitor booths or its contents.
10. Artists are required to bring their own freestanding display that will be weighted to withstand wind and rain. Under no circumstance can pegs or nails be driven into the paved street. Artists must clean up their space at the end of the show and have their possessions removed from the street by 8 p.m on Sunday, September 17.
11. Exhibitors are prohibited from bringing pets to the Festival grounds. We request that you do not bring children, the Durango Arts Center is not responsible for their safety. Playing radios, tape decks or mechanically reproduced sound is prohibited.
12. Exhibitors desiring liability or property insurance must obtain such insurance at their own expense.
13. The Durango Autumn Arts Center, together with its volunteers, assume no risk and are not liable for any potential refunds requested by customers, any damage or destruction to property, nor for any personal injury which results either directly or indirectly from any cause outside the Festival’s control.
Booth Fees & Payment
10' x 10' - $325 (every booth has a corner orientation)
10' x 20' - $650 (limited number available)
Booth fees are due in full by Monday, June 19, 2017. Booth invitations and payments are non-transferable and non-refundable after the cancellation deadline of June 26, 2017.
Booth Requirements & Display
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW