APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Art Westport 2017 - 38th Annual
Kansas City, Missouri (Midwest)
Event Dates: 9/8/17 - 9/10/17
Application Deadline: 5/31/17 Midnight CST
35 day(s) and 14 hour(s) remaining
Images: 6 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Art Westport is Kansas City's only outdoor art show and festival exclusively for LOCAL artists. The historic Westport district provides the perfect backdrop for a high-quality exhibition of painting, sculpture, photography, jewelry, pottery and more. The event is in its 38th year and will be on September 8, 9 and 10, 2017. Artists that desire to display must live within a 80 mile radius of the downtown Kansas City, MO post office to be eligible to apply.
Art Westport, is Kansas City's only outdoor art show and festival exclusively for LOCAL artists. Produced by the Westport Regional Business League, Art Westport celebrates its 38th year on September 8, 9, and 10, 2017. Located in the historic Westport District of Kansas City, the event enjoys an inviting and bustling atmosphere with unique local shops, exceptional local dining, and vivid local nightlife adjoining the colorful and talented local artists. It's a perfect backdrop for the annual exhibition of painting, sculpture, photography, jewelry and more found in and around Kansas City.
Artists wishing to apply must live within a 80 mile radius of the downtown Kansas City, MO Post Office to be eligible to apply.
Approximately 150 exceptional artists will participate in Art Westport 2017.
Art Westport Hours
Friday, September 8th from 1pm-9p
Saturday, September 9th from 10am-9pm
Sunday, September 10th from 11am-5pm
The show will take place rain or shine. Refunds will NOT be given for inclement weather.
January 15, 2017 - Application Opens
May 31, 2017 - Application Deadline
June 1 - 10, 2017 - Jury Deliberations
June 15, 2017 - Artist Notification and/or Invitation
August 1, 2017- Contract and Booth Fees Due
August 11, 2017 - Refund Request Deadline
September 8, 2017 - Artist Check-In and Set-Up Begins at approx. 7am
Application Process & Fees
• There is a $25 non-refundable application fee due with each application.
• Please submit five (5) images of your artwork (ONE IMAGE PER SLIDE) with your application that represent the type and quality of work you intend to display. Artists may only show work in categories and bodies of work for which they apply and that were approved by the jury.
• Artists may apply in two categories. However, a separate application and fee is required for each category (one per category, two category limit, and substantially different work required for each category). Applying artists must create a separate and distinct ZAPP profile in order to submit to the show in multiple categories.
• Collaborating artists may apply to participate at the event. However, only joint work may be shown and sold. Both names must appear on all application materials and both artists must contribute to the creation of the art pieces.
• All payments are collected through ZAPP.
• A waiting list of artists will also be selected to ensure a balanced show. Artists placed on the waiting list will be notified by telephone should a spot become available after initial notifications and/or invitations have been distributed.
Remember, the quality of the images submitted does count! Please submit images that show your work clearly and to its best advantage. Make sure all of your images are IN FOCUS!
Emerging Artist Program
Designed specifically for artists who have no experience exhibiting and selling their artwork in commercial or community art shows/festivals. The application procedure and $25 fee are the same as the regular show. However, upon acceptance, emerging artists will receive a 50% discount on a Quad Space and mentoring through the 2017 Art Westport community. (Screens and Canopy will be provided.) SPACE IS LIMITED.
Artists may apply to the Emerging Artist Program OR to the general show, but not both. Artists who are just beginning their careers in the public art world are encouraged to apply. Art Westport reserves the right to pre-screen and research the artists to make sure they are a fit for this category and that they do not have extensive experience exhibiting and selling their work in commercial or community art shows. Emerging Artist Applicants will proceed in the same manner as professional artists and submit images of their artwork through the regular application on Zapplication.org. Artists interested in applying to the Emerging Artist Program must submit their application to the Emerging Artist category. To fill the booth image requirement, please submit an image of a work in progress or an image of the tools/workspace used to create the art.
24-hour security is provided. However, Art Westport is not responsible for any damage which may occur to work, equipment or other material due to theft, fire, wind, rain, etc.
For additional questions please contact the Westport Regional Business League by mail at 4050 Pennsylvania, Suite M100, Kansas City, MO 64111 or by calling 816.531.4370.
Thank you! We hope you will consider showing with us in Historic Westport, the original Kansas City!
Festival Eligibility & Rules
1. Booth spaces are assigned by the Art Westport Staff and are not interchangeable. Priority for booth assignments is given to re-invited artists. Booths not assigned to re-invited artists are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis depending upon when fees and contract paperwork are received.
2. Artists must be present during the entire event and must personally staff their booth space. No agents, dealers or representatives may attend the event in place of the artist.
3. Artists may show only work in categories and bodies of work approved by the jury. Only artists accepted in the jewelry category may display or sell jewelry. The selection committee reserves the right to remove from display, any artwork or items not in keeping with the event standards and/or substantially different from those images submitted to the jury.
4. Artists must define “limited edition” through their Artist Statement and must disclose their process to the buyer. Original art must occupy more than 50% of the applicant’s booth space. Reproductions of 2-D work must clearly be labeled.
5. All hanging work(s) must be suitably framed. Prints must be appropriately matted/framed and must be displayed in a suitable portfolio or stand.
6. Ceramic works must be handcrafted/made by the artist. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, each must be signed.
7. Artists chosen to participate are responsible for collecting and paying applicable taxes for all sales made during the festival.
8. Artist musts comply with all staff and uniformed security regarding site safety and regulations. Vehicles must be parked only in designated areas and may not be left in any part of the artist display areas during the published times that the event is open each day. Non-compliance will result in elimination from consideration for any future shows as well as disqualification and removal from the 2017 event.
9. Art Westport is a FAMILY- Oriented Event. Artwork intended for mature audiences will not be considered. On-site representatives will be enforcing this policy throughout the show.
10. All disputes that result in an artist being disqualified from appearing at the show WILL NOT RESULT IN A REFUND of the booth or jury fee, regardless if the disqualification arises before or after the show opens. The artist will not be permitted recourse.
Exhibitor Space & Fees
Full Booth Space - 10’x 10’ = $350
Quad Space -Two 7’ x 7’ (approx. size) Screens and Canopy= $200
Emerging Artist -Two 7’ x 7’ (approx. size) Screens and Canopy= $100
Booths and all materials required to exhibit and sell art MUST be provided and set up by the Artist. Electricity is available and is limited to 500 watts of usage per booth. Artists should make sure to bring additional small bungee cords or rope to secure their tent in the event of strong winds or storms.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW